760-322-3354

2665 E Palm Canyon Dr ( )

Palm Springs, CA 92264-4827

Description: Manhattan in the Desert is a Deli, Lunch, and Kosher restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Deli, Lunch, Dinner, Kosher, Dined in., American, OpenTable, Reservations, Chinese, and Hot Dogs
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Manhattan in the Desert
  • 1 user loves Manhattan in the Desert
Diner Log for Manhattan in the Desert:
  • 09/04/2014 - A diner hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 10/27/2014 - A diner hasn't been here but wants to try it.

From OpenTable:

This popular New York Style Deli serves up amazing deli sandwiches, soups and salads and much more - huge menu, huge portions.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Manhattan in the Desert

Manhattan in the Desert

Probably one of the best delis on the west coast.

You have got to try it. You will be hooked. Try everything on the menu; you can’t go wrong. Needless to say, I love the place. I could quit cooking and eat there every night if I could afford it. Not that they are too expensive. Don’t worry you get what you pay for and then some. Breakfast lunch or dinner. The fresh made deli meats and specialty meals are the bomb. it’s the best!
Severs, management and other staff, were very friendly and attentive. I always feel welcomed when I arrive and pleasantly greeted by Fernando when we pay as we are leaving. I hope they never change a thing..Remember the old saying, try it you’ll like it. Well I did and I did like it very much. Thanks for the delicious memories Manhattan Deli. Long live and prosper!

Grilled Ruben

The best one I have ever had and I have tried many throught the country.

Manhattan in the Desert

This gem in the desert is fantastic. Of the 2...

This gem in the desert is fantastic. Of the 2 major kosher deli’s in the area, Manhattan is way better. I have enjoyed breakfast, lunch & dinner and have never been disappointed. Don’t miss the gorgeous pastries, breads, pies, cakes, etc, etc. The eclair is nearly the size of a football! The portions are quite generous, the menu has EVERYTHING and the friendly efficient staff are the reasons we dine there 4-5 times during our annual week in the desert. We need a Manhattan in the “Bay Area-SF”.

4.0

The Upscale Deli in the Desert

Manhattan in the Desert is Palm Springs’ more upscale deli. Ever since this deli opened about three years ago, it is always mobbed. Never mind if it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, the parking lot is full and you usually have to wait; often though for only a few minutes. Of course while you are waiting you are face-to-face with their humongous deserts and pastries; each of which could easily serve two to three.

Being that it was a rainy evening I think brought out everyone who had been home going stir crazy. Our waiter was swamped, mostly with very fussy older customers, but the hostess was right on the ball and came over to greet us and take our order. (Our busser had already brought over water and the ubiquitous tray of pickles and sourkraut.)

I ordered a cup of the Mish Mash Soup (chicken with rice, carrots, noodles, matzo ball and kreplach) and my partner had the Beef Barley Soup. My soup was delicious. Just right for a damp night. No need for the saltines that they served with it however.

From there I went on to a half a pastrami sandwich on rye with potato salad, and Steve had the chicken liver and onions with veggies and mashed potato. The pastrami was just right; warm and moist, and Steve’s liver and onions had everything he liked about them too; crispy and tender and lots of flavor.

Our waiter returned and he was still charming after a long day of fussy customers, and used his sense of humor with the desert tray to make everyone feel good. We settled on a piece of five-layer chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate frosting to split between us when we got home. The cake was just a decadent as Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park that we watched while consuming it with a cup of coffee.

Manhattan in the Desert

New management but same good service and food

Although the kids have taken over the business and made some changes, the food and service is as good as always. I love this place!

Corned Beef Hash

Great corned beef hash, served with eggs, home fried potatoes, and a choice of bagel, english muffins, or toast. People have complained about the smaller size of the new plates, but the food was still too much to eat.

September 12, 2011

Best Brisket I've Ever Eaten

I love the grilled ruben sandwich here but on my last trip I was convinced by the waiter to try the brisket sandwich. I had the cup of soup and half sandwich. ($10). To say the beef melted in my mouth wouldn't be much of an exageration. …

May 14, 2011

BAD service & cold food

First off, last summer I went and ordered a grilled chicken caesar salad easy on the dressing. It was drowning in dressing so the server politely took it back and asked to have it re-made. A minute or two passes and out comes another…

People found this by searching for: Manhattan In The Dessert Menu, Manhattan In The Desert, Manhattan Deli Palm Springs, When Does Manhattan In Palm Desert Open, Manhattan Deli Palm Springs Menu, Manhattan In The Desert Menu, and Manhattan In The Desert Palm Springs.

Johannes
Matchbox
Vineyard Tuscan Grill
Wang's in the Desert
Zin American Bistro

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Manhattan in the Desert

Manhattan in the Desert  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "Best rye bread west of the Mississippi. Great food"
Cons
  •  "Nothing"
Comments
  •  "Great place"