610-258-4301

4101 William Penn Hwy ( )

Easton, PA 18045-5032

Description: Marblehead Grille & Chowder is a Seafood, American, and Cajun restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Seafood, American, Cajun, Creole, Grill, and Good For Kids
  • 6 dishes entered by diners at Marblehead Grille & Chowder
  • 1 user wants to eat at Marblehead Grille & Chowder

Overall: 75%

Reviews for Marblehead Grille & Chowder

4.0

Good seafood and plenty of history

I and my family love going to Marblehead Grille and Chowder House. First time visitors are often struck by the menu, which is in the style of a black and white news gazette that features both the menu and a pictorial history of the restaurant over the decades. Food portions are manageable-to-generous, and the seafood selections are excellent.

BBQ-Rubbed Salmon

The BBQ rub is sweet but far from overpowering, which allows both the salmon and BBQ flavors to mix nicely. The accompanying Southwestern corn relish is also quite good.

3.0

Not what I expected.

Waitress was friendly and did not hover over our table which made the dining experience fine. The atmosphere is nice.

Fried Seafood Sampler

Last night was my first visit to the Marblehead Grille. The seafood my husband and I had was very good. My complaint is with the sides. My salad was soggy, the lettuce was limp, and wet, like it was made ahead and kept on ice, very watery, the vegetable medley was barely warm and that too overcooked, I must say this restaurant did not meet my expectations not sure if we will go there again.

2.0

Not a good place to eat any more..

7-8 years ago, this restaurant was our favorite place to eat because the food was excellent and servers were very professional.

Now we go there only 1-2 times a year. My husband and I were very disappointed when we went there last time. The receptionists ignored us until we told them we had a reservation. The server did not explain what the night’s specials were. She just left the board on one of the chairs. Rolls (there were only two in a basket) we had were warm but hard as if it was old or reused…. The manager or owner came out and went around the tables except ours. Lucky him!

We ate raw oysters which were ok but not great…. I had an oyster pie which I thought was really good. My husband had a lobster pasta. He said that it should be called “Shrimp pasta with little lobster”.

We had a coupon and the server saw it on the table when we ordered food but did not tell us that we could not use it (the coupon was good only Mon.-Fri.) until we asked for the bill.

I love oysters and this was one place we can eat them around this area. I really miss the old Marblehead Grille to go…

Grand Central oyster pie

The pie crust was crunchy and the flavor of the stew was excellent. Rolls were hard.

Oyster by piece

They were a little bit fishy….

bloody mary

It was excellent!!! I loved it.

3.0

Cliche interior design/serves upscale diner food

People love this place and I have no idea why. I find the food over priced for what it is-good, average, common food. The interior is such a cliche-good Lord. How many fish nets can one put on a wall for Pete’s sake? It was 1980’s meets fisherman’s wharf. The food reminds me of fare that is served at a “better/full service” diner. The seafood is good and fresh but just drive to the shore an hour east and you’ll get the real thing.

broiled talapia

uninspired. No interesting sauces-boringly prepared.

Marblehead Grille & Chowder is located near the cities of Easton, West Easton, Wilson, Palmer, and Phillipsburg.
People found this by searching for: Marblehead Easton Pa Menu, Marblehead Grill And Chowder House, Marblehead Restaurant Pa, Marblehead Restaurant Easton, Marblehead Grille, Marblehead Cafe Menueaston Pa, and Marbleheadgrill.

Featured in Easton