505-837-2467

2201 Q St NE ( )

Albuquerque, NM 87110

Neighborhoods: Uptown

Description: Marcello's Chophouse is a Steakhouse, Steak, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Uptown Area, High-end, Steakhouse, Uptown, Steak, American, International, Takeout, and Reservations
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Marcello's Chophouse
  • 1 user wants to eat at Marcello's Chophouse

Reviews for Marcello's Chophouse

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by PeggyO

2.0

Won't Be Back

There is nothing great about this place except the prices. We were a party of 4. Our table was in an over lit, under decorated room and we waited an hour and a half for our entree.
We had been presented with a small loaf of mushy bread that couldn’t be sliced with the knife provided and not enough butter for 4 slices. They’re definitely not giving away much for free here. Everything is a la carte, even the sauces for your $49 steak. The salads were ordinary at $7 and my Parmesan crisps were cold, tough and not crisp.
The steaks were good, but my duck breast had fatty skin (not crisped) that was tough and chewy and had to be removed. The skin is usually why I order duck.
The pork chop was huge and tasty, but the sides that were touted as family style were only enough for a spoonful each. The Truffle Mac & Cheese was ordinary. The truffle oil was spritzed on at the table. Marcello’s creamed spinach was the best, the deserts only OK.
For a great (if expensive) steak with interesting decor, outstanding sides and service, try Gruet Steakhouse. This place doesn’t cut it. If you spend $300 for dinner, you shouldn’t come away disappointed. We won’t be back.

Pan Seared Duck Breast

Pan seared should mean crispy skin, a light layer of sweet fat, and tender meat. This could have come out of a microwave; tough skin with no pretension to crispness, too much fat.

2.0

Pretentious and Pricey!

Went there with a group of 10; none of us will go back. Prices are outrageous, service was surly, portions are small, and two people were slightly sick afterward (although they both said that it was probably food allergy, not poisoning). Everything is a la carte; a side-dish of 5 skinny asparagus was $7. I had the pan-seared duck which was delicious, but it was miniscule (half a breast for $28, a la carte).
Facilities are very nice, lots of “pretty people,” food presentation was what you’d expect from a professionally trained chef (large, white dishes and bowls, with small food portions and froufrou decorations). Despite the fact that we had arranged ahead of time (at the time of the reservation) that we’d get separate checks, they refused to provide them. After much insistence, they relented but made it clear that it was a great sacrifice and onus for them … so much for “the customer is always right.” The total for one drink, two glasses of wine, a salad, the duck, and no side-dishes was $83.00 including 18.5% “group” gratuity.

Pan Seared Duck Breast

Excellent but small and pricey.

Opposite opinion!

I was surprised to see the negative experiences that others have had.

I live nearby, and have never had a bad experience.

In my experience, the quality and service are both excellent, and to the previous reviewers, I suggest that if a server overreacts to an expired drivers’ license, ask for the manager – or if you aren’t satisfied by the food, why not send it back and try something else, rather than feeling taken advantage of?

Yes, the prices are high, but consequently I usually go there for lunch. One can’t-miss selection is the seared ahi sandwich, which comes with fries but I usually substitute a salad with balsamic vinaigrette. The tuna is sashimi grade, and the sauce is amazing.

The wine list is beyond extensive, huge variety – and the Gruet sparkling wine (recommended) is reasonably priced

And I HAVE to mention their signature dessert, called “Bananas for Sunday” (or is it Sundae?). Hands down one of the top 3 desserts I’ve ever tasted – unbelievable! Caramelized bananas, with fresh fudge, raspberry compote. and butterscotch, sugared pecans, and three flavors of ice cream. Mmmm – words cannot describe the experience!

So try Marcello’s for yourself – in my opinion, you’ll be glad you did!

Ahi sandwich

Tender, full of flavor. Make sure you let them know how you want it cooked – the fish is thick so the center can be quite rare.

Bananas for Sundae

The greatest banana split of ALL TIME!

dont go there!

The music is great, but the menu is so expensive. You have to pay for your sides separately. Not only that but read to what happened to me
My drivers license was expired by a week. I did not know this. With the holidays, I just simply didnt sit there and look at my drivers license.
The waitress told me i was unable to order a drink. “Ok understandable” I thought..even though my drivers license is expired DOESNT mean that my age is fake…
Anyway, for dinner I ordered the Pan Seared Tuna with WHITE WINE, butter, ext for a sauce..WHITE WINE
Desserts comes next… my husband and I ordered the Lemon Thang, which was a liquor sauce on it. The waitress states fast “Ill make sure they dont put the liquor sauce on it”
Right away my husband and I think “what? are you serious? we order Tiramisu all the time which at the restaurants we go to is made with liquor and we dont get carded for that”
The dessert was awful. It was dry, still frozen..JUST NASTY.
Not only was the dessert disgusting and it was an extremely poor choice for the chief to let it go out of the kitchen like that, but it seriously made the waitress, when she stated that, look extremely stupid, unprofessional and just plain WRONG.
I BET YOU, that if my drivers license was current, the waitress wouldnt have carded my husband when it came to dessert.

Please people. With that kind of service, the small amount of bread that they give you and their “poor alterations” to their foods if you are a minor or have an expired drivers license (which by the way im 28) JUST DONT GO THERE

Marcello's Chophouse is located near the cities of Old Town, University Of New Mexico, and Unm.
People found this by searching for: Marcello S Restaurant Albuquerque, Marcello's Chop House Albuquerque, Marchello Sreakhouse In Albuquerque, Nm Menus, Marcellos Chop House, Marcello's Albuquerque, Marcello's Restaurant Albuquerque, Marcello's Chop House Menu, Marcello's Chophouse Menu, and Marcellos Albuquerque.

Bandido Hideout