Marias Italian Restaurant

828 Cunningham St
Rockford, IL 61102

Cuisine: Italian

Marias Italian Restaurant is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Sponsored Links: data-color-border=""> data-color-link=""> data-color-text="">
Overall
Pros
"Maria's has been my favorite restaurant since I was a kid in the 50's. I now have moved away from Rockford but go back a couple times a year just to eat there. Love it!"
"Great food, great atmosphere."
squirrelman222 photo

squirrelman222

Loves Park, IL
Marias Italian Restaurant 5.0

best restaurant in rockford

Maria’s Italian Cafe is family owned and the best restaurant in Rockford as far as I am concerned. Can’t find a better enviroment to be in. Staff is great and chefs are fantastic! The former President of the U.S. George Bush Sr came here to eat and loved the place. I mean, you can’t get any better than that.

Steak

Never tasted anything soooo good in my life. Best steak in Rockford hands down!!!!

House Salad

The house salad is great! With sausage, eggs, olives, peppers, and a great ltalian dressing. So tasty. Highly recommended.

Spacelord photo

Spacelord

Marias Italian Restaurant 5.0

Great Food

I’ve been here many times and plan on coming back again and again! You can’t beat the Steak Fiesta for a more than filling great tasting meal. It’s hard not to fill up on all the salad and bread before the meal actually arrives. Make a reservation or be prepared to wait.

Steak Fiesta

I go with a buddy of mine who is into the same type of meal and we are hard pressed to finish all we get. Excellent steak just the way I ordered it.

porkie37 photo

porkie37

Marias Italian Restaurant 2.0

Maria's Rockford, IL

I have had a chance to visit Maria’s two times in the past two months. Their historic quality has slipped a lot. The sauce is nothing of what it used to be. Note to John and Joe: Pick up the
pace or get out of the business.

hsama99 photo

hsama99

Marias Italian Restaurant 2.0

Maria's Italian Cafe

Read the great reviews and couldn’t wait to try it. Wow. I don’t get it. Unhappy hostess. Atmosphere? Lighting is OK. Nostalgic but…contact paper covering the backs of the booths held on by tape. Crookedly hung old photos on walls. I didn’t care. I figured people must come for the great food. Menu had about 4 things on it: You have your choice of pizza, spaghetti, tortellini or ravioli. I figured “Wow, small menu, must mean the few things they do..they do very, very well!” Bread came. You could tell by looking at it that it wasn’t good. But you eat some because it’s there. Nope…definitely not good. Definitely not home-made. Not even fresh. No dipping bread or olive oil. Salad: wilted and drenched with too much dressing. So I got the spaghetti and meatball (not plural…you actually just get the one meatball). Wow…I’ve never been so unimpressed. This was as bad as any Bishop’s or Denny’s – type spaghetti. Soggy, water-logged, overcooked noodles and sauce that looked to have poured straight from the can. Meatball no more than low-grade hamburger. Wow…I’m still kind of amazed. No tiramisu. No spumoni. There were grasshopper drinks. I like those in general. Would be hard to ruin somehting like that, though. Didn’t get one. Was full already. Yes, I ate the salad and some of the water-logged pasta and the ordinary meatball and got full. I’m no Julia Child but my cooking is twenty times better. Wine was good. Havento reason to return. Oh…and it wasn’t cheap. But yes, now I can check Maria’s off my list. Sorry, it may be a Rockford tradition, but Capri is much better (and Capri is just pretty

House Salad

Italian Good For Kids Takeout

Marias Italian Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/10/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/20/2013 - A diner from Elgin, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 05/25/2013 - A diner from Rockton, IL tried it.
  • 07/10/2013 - A diner from Rockford, IL tried it.
  • 08/11/2013 - A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great food, great atmosphere.'
  • 09/11/2013 - A diner from Elmhurst, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Maria's has been my favorite restaurant since I was a kid in the 50's. I now have moved away from Rockford but go back a couple times a year just to eat there. Love it!'
  • 09/23/2013 - A diner from Phoenix, AZ tried it.
  • 09/25/2013 - A diner from Raleigh, NC tried it.
  • 09/29/2013 - A diner from Kansas City, MO tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 10/02/2013 - A diner from Roscoe, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/19/2013 - A diner from Hoffman Estates, IL tried it.
  • 11/03/2013 - A diner from Barrington, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner from Madison, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 11/16/2013 - A diner from Hamilton, OH tried it.
  • 11/22/2013 - A diner from Mesa, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/26/2013 - A diner from Addison, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/31/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 01/03/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/19/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
People found this by searching for: Maria's Rockford, Maria's Restaurant Rockford, Marias Pizza In Rockford, Maria's Rockford Illinois, Maria's Rockford Il, Marias Restaurant Rockford, Maria's Kitchen Rockford Mi, Rockford Marias, and Maria's Restaurant Rockford Il.