610-375-7922

404 Penn St ( )

Reading, PA 19602-1091

Description: Maria's Lounge & Restaurant is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Italian, Takeout, and Best Pizza
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Maria's Lounge & Restaurant

Reviews for Maria's Lounge & Restaurant

Run

Pizza is average but far from Pizza Hut. I usually go into the bar area
after I get passed the scroungers.Now Prices aren’t bad.
But I now only go for takeout beer. Reason I don’t like there food
is the place is filthy look around. I don’t sit at the bar either because
hustlers selling pills,movies and other crap. These people should be banned. If you go late at night bring ballistic protection.

Maria's Lounge & Restaurant

BEST PIZZA I have ever had, in any state in the U.S.!

Maria’s Lounge/Deli has, hands-down, the best and biggest, most richly topped pizza I have ever had in any state in the U.S. so far!
( There is a nice, large, restaurant on the other end, which is also Maria’s, but I have never been in there. )

The guys working here have always been very nice and personable when we have been there; they speak both Spanish and English.

As for eating Maria’s wonderful pizza, you have 3 choices:

You can take it out, eat in the front deli area, or at a table in the large lounge area.

Keep in mind that this is an inner-city lounge; the bar area will not be crowded in the daytime, but may be crowded at night. There are bound to be some poor folks there at night, who might not be able to afford both a slice of pizza and a beer; everyone drools over Maria’s huge pizza, and someone might ask you for a slice of yours, so you might want to keep that in mind if such things bother you, LOL On the other hand, it is also a great way to show kindness, feel good about yourself, and possibly even make a new friend!

xtra large pizza

xtra large pizza, with ham, bacon and onions: WOW, WOW, WOW
This thing is gigantic! The most delicious, heavily-topped, thick with cheese, pizza I have ever had anywhere! LOW prices!

Just walk on by

The place is filty someone needs to clean.And scarey it is
unsafe unsavory clients it does have a homly feel of prision.AVOID THIS ONE

Pizza - 2 slices

Slices nice size its that extra greesy pizza Dont tilt it
Your cheese will slide off.

The Homely Feel of... Prison

After dark this is not a safe place to be. Myself and 2 friends went here the other night. We were the only white people in the place, which I normally don’t mind too much. Unless everyone is staring at me (ahem). And until I got someone asking me for money and some of my pizza. When I told the gentleman “No, I’m sorry” he told me “Don’t be sorry, be cautious.” We didn’t get waited on until everyone else was taken care of, EVEN THOUGH WE WERE FIRST IN LINE! There also was urine all over the bathroom floor. But the pizza was good! All in all I’d have to say it felt like I was in prison.

Pizza - 2 slices

Great pizza. Horrible atmosphere! You may want to bring a gun with you if you eat at night here.

Add/Show Comments (2)

August 10, 2013

This pizza use to be good years ago! Today we ordered a large pizza and wings...it was the most nastiest food I ever ate! I cannot believe it. The way it looked was even worse. It looked like food that was made for my dog!.....HORRIBLE is…

Maria's Lounge & Restaurant is located near the cities of West Reading, Mount Penn, Wyomissing, Mt Penn, and Wyomissing Hills.
People found this by searching for: Maria's Pizza Reading Pa, Maria's Pizza, Maria's Pizza In Reading Pa, Maria's Reading, Maria's Pizzeria Reading Pa 19601, Marias Pizza Reading Pa, Maria's Pizzeria Reading Pa, and Maria's Pizza Reading.

Williams Family Restaurant
Cold Stone Creamery
Five Guys
Panevino
Five Guys

Iwclsacq

Link to Maria's Lounge & Restaurant

Maria's Lounge & Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  83%  Food:  100%  Service:  77%  Ambiance:  57%
Pros
  •  "Slices of pizza are BIG!"
Cons
  •  "A bar next door"