Mario's Place

Neighborhoods: Downtown Riverside
Cuisine: Specialty Soup & Sandwiches, Lunch, Breakfast

Mario's Place is a Specialty Soup & Sandwiches, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

WolfCat photo

Riverside, CA

OK Northern Italian

The ambiance is quite romantic with lots of dim lighting and fine linens, but the food was only “okay,” rather pricey and portions were on the small side. The service was excellent and they have an extensive wine list and full bar. For me, if I wanted a nice place for cocktails and appetizers I might go here again, but for a special sit-down dinner I would go elsewhere.

Roasted Breast of Chicken

Served with soft polenta, potabello mushrooms and a sage-mustard sauce. I found if kind of bland and nothing special.

Milt photo

Riverside, CA

Good for what you get

Mario’s is the standard against which I measure other restaurants. Partly because I have lived in Italy and know that the food is not only authentic, but very good. There is live jazz on Friday and Saturday’s, and the service is excellent. It can be expensive, but considering the quality it is worth it. Very classy interior and ambiance, located directly across from the Mission Inn. In recent year’s they have expanded to include lower priced specials, reaching out to more group events, and a cocktail club just off the back alley. Once I did not like the way a certain dish was made and the owner/chef came out and talked to me, then re-made it the way we wanted it.

Specialty Soup & Sandwiches Lunch Good for groups

Mario's Place  Restaurant Reviews

• 10/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/26/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the service.
Dalias Pizza

Pizza in Ramona

Italian in Magnolia Center

Cask 'n Cleaver

Steak in University

Mario's Place is located near the cities of Rubidoux.
People found this by searching for: Marios Riverside, Mario's Place Riverside Ca Reviews, Mario's Riverside Downtown, Mario's Restaurant Riverside Ca, Marios Downtown Riverside, Marios Place Restaurant In Riverside Ca, and Mario's Restaurant Riverside.