(217) 344-6711

40 E Springfield Ave ( )

Champaign, IL 61820

Description: Mas Amigos is a Mexican, Healthy, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Enchiladas, Mole, Guacamole, Mexican, Margaritas, Healthy, Vegetarian, Latin American, Lunch, and Dinner
  • 153 dishes entered by diners at Mas Amigos
  • 1 user wants to eat at Mas Amigos
Diner Log for Mas Amigos:
  • 05/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

Overall: 100%
Pros

• "Chips abd salsa were great"
Cons
  • "The margaritas were too strong"

From CityGrid:

We are locally owned and committed to providing delicious Mexican cuisine. We care about our customers and provide unprecedented service in a comfortable environment.
We deliver and check out our food truck on Prospect next to Premier Sound.
Our customers describe our dining experience as:
-Good Food Selection
-Great Service
-Fair Prices
-Good Staff

Come on in for family dining experience. Give us a call to find out more or stop by for an unforgettable meal.

Come on by today!

• The Best Tacos, Burritos & Tortas in Town.

Reviews for Mas Amigos

4.0

The only place currently to get eclectic Mexican

Most of the Mexican restaurants in Champaign do Mexican light meaning the mole is mild, like gravy, and the spices cater to middle-aged American tastes. Not Mas Amigos. Their mole is dark and spicy, as is the red and green condiments they’ll bring to your table. You’ll notice from the moment you start with the chips and salsa that this new restaurant wants to get it right. I talked to the owner who’s from Mexico City and he takes pride in using styles from all over Mexico, not just those in the tourist towns. My favorites are vegetarian burritos and cheese enchiladas. And try their guacamole, easily the best in town.

vegetarian burritos

With rice and beans, easily my favorite veggy Mexican dish. Just enough to satisfy without taking a box home. Slather on some of the house red and green hot sauce and your on your way to a memorable experience.

No contest

As someone who grew up in Texas, I am addicted to—and yet extremely discriminating about—Mexican food. I would never consider returning to most Mexican restaurants in Champaign-Urbana. But the first time I ate at Mas Amigos, I was hooked. If I could afford it, I would eat there several times a week. But don’t misunderstand: It’s extremely affordable when compared with other restaurants. We have fed all five of our voracious adult children, plus ourselves, including a 20%+ tip, for something like $69.

On those rare occasions when we decide we can afford to eat out, I have NO desire to try anything new. Mas Amigos is my default restaurant. So far as I am concerned, there is no other Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana or even within over a hundred miles from here. In fact, I have little desire to eat at ANY other restaurant in C-U. You can have them all—just give me Mas Amigos’ enchiladas y frijoles y arroz y totopos y salsa and I will be happy! I can’t possibly give a higher recommendation.

#10. Two Enchiladas, One Tamal Rice & Beans

Incredible. That’s all I can say.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Mas Amigos is located near the cities of Urbana.
People found this by searching for: Mas Amigos Menu, Mas Amigos Champaign Menu, Nomas Amigos Restaurant, Mas Amigos Champaign Hours, Mas Amigos Champaign, Mas Amigos Champaign, Il, Mas Amigos Champaign Il, and Mas Amigos.

Featured in Champaign