Mas Amigos

40 E Springfield Ave
Champaign, IL 61820

Cuisine: Mexican, Healthy, Vegetarian

Mas Amigos is a Mexican, Healthy, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Chips abd salsa were great"
Cons
"The margaritas were too strong"
AngryPancho photo

AngryPancho

Champaign, IL
Mas Amigos 4.0

The only place currently to get eclectic Mexican

Most of the Mexican restaurants in Champaign do Mexican light meaning the mole is mild, like gravy, and the spices cater to middle-aged American tastes. Not Mas Amigos. Their mole is dark and spicy, as is the red and green condiments they’ll bring to your table. You’ll notice from the moment you start with the chips and salsa that this new restaurant wants to get it right. I talked to the owner who’s from Mexico City and he takes pride in using styles from all over Mexico, not just those in the tourist towns. My favorites are vegetarian burritos and cheese enchiladas. And try their guacamole, easily the best in town.

vegetarian burritos

With rice and beans, easily my favorite veggy Mexican dish. Just enough to satisfy without taking a box home. Slather on some of the house red and green hot sauce and your on your way to a memorable experience.

Briancm photo

Briancm

Urbana, IL
Mas Amigos 5.0

No contest

As someone who grew up in Texas, I am addicted to—and yet extremely discriminating about—Mexican food. I would never consider returning to most Mexican restaurants in Champaign-Urbana. But the first time I ate at Mas Amigos, I was hooked. If I could afford it, I would eat there several times a week. But don’t misunderstand: It’s extremely affordable when compared with other restaurants. We have fed all five of our voracious adult children, plus ourselves, including a 20%+ tip, for something like $69.

On those rare occasions when we decide we can afford to eat out, I have NO desire to try anything new. Mas Amigos is my default restaurant. So far as I am concerned, there is no other Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana or even within over a hundred miles from here. In fact, I have little desire to eat at ANY other restaurant in C-U. You can have them all—just give me Mas Amigos’ enchiladas y frijoles y arroz y totopos y salsa and I will be happy! I can’t possibly give a higher recommendation.

#10. Two Enchiladas, One Tamal Rice & Beans

Incredible. That’s all I can say.

Enchiladas Mole Guacamole

Mas Amigos  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/14/2013 - A diner from Providence, RI tried it.
  • 04/15/2013 - A diner from Lake In The Hills, IL tried it.
  • 04/22/2013 - A diner from Champaign, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 03/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Chips abd salsa were great'
    Cons: 'The margaritas were too strong'
  • 04/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Mas Amigos is located near the cities of Urbana.
People found this by searching for: Mas Amigos Menu, Mas Amigos Champaign, Il, Mas Amigos Champaign, Mas Amigos Champaign Hours, Mas Amigos Champaign Il, Mas Amigos Champaign Menu, Nomas Amigos Restaurant, and Mas Amigos.