Mason Street Grill

Neighborhoods: Juneau Town
Cuisine: American, Steak, Seafood

Mason Street Grill is a American, Steak, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

eryngo photo

Milwaukee, WI

A wonderful experience

There’s only two places that have succeeded in impressing me before I even walk in the door, and Mason Street Grill (located on the ground floor of Milwaukee’s historic Pfister Hotel) is one of them. I called to make a reservation for our party of 12 and the very next day, Laura from Marcus’ corporate office gave me a call. She wanted to know if it was a special occasion, if we had any special requests, and if it was okay that she set us up in their private Wine Room, as 12 on the main floor could be awkward for everyone involved (staff and diners). She was extremely helpful as our direct link to the Mason Street Grill kitchen because as it turns out, we did have several people that had food allergies and the chefs were graciously able to work around that. Because of the excellent food and service (thanks, Theresa and Tim!) I will be coming back; and because of Laura, Mason Street Grill will always be at the top of my list when hosting a group!

Onion Soup Gratinee at Mason Street Grill

Onion Soup Gratinee

Although it was chock full of onions, this seemed a little bland to me. The gruyere somehow didn’t lend as much flavor as I thought it would and suspected they might have mellowed it out by adding provolone (as some places do), but that is not the case. In fact, they add parmesan to the mix, although I didn’t taste it. And if there was a holland rusk in there, it had pretty much disintegrated into the broth. My favorite BFO remains the one served at The Eatery on Farwell!

Short Ribs at Mason Street Grill

Short Ribs

I’ve never had short ribs before but I’ve been told that if they are done right (cooked long and slow), they can be delicious. Well Mason Street Grill obviously does them right… this dish was fantastic! And I usually tell the kitchen they can keep their mashed potatoes but since it seemed to be such an integral part of this dish (and not thrown on the plate as an afterthought), I trusted to the chefs. Good call… this was a perfect complement to these flavorful short ribs.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake at Mason Street Grill

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

Our server Theresa did mention that this is newly on the menu and still in process, but the peanut butter was so subtle that you really had to concentrate to taste it at all.

American Takeout Steak

Mason Street Grill  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Mason Street Grill Milwaukee Menu, Mason Street Grill Milwaukee, Mason Street Grill Reviews, Mason Street Grill Drink Menu, Mason Street Grill In Milwaukee Menu, Mason Street Grill Review, Mason Street Grill Pictures, Mason Street Grill Menu, and Mason Filet.