503-666-5519

401 W Powell Blvd ( )

Gresham, OR 97030-7048

Neighborhoods: Gresham - City Central

Description: McCrae's Country Cafe is a American, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: American, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Traditional, Burgers, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, and Southern
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at McCrae's Country Cafe
  • 1 user wants to eat at McCrae's Country Cafe

Reviews for McCrae's Country Cafe

4.0

It's GOOD!!!

It is a busy busy place. So if u go be prepared to wait, WHY??? Because they are well loved, the other comments that are listed is from ppl that were unhappy that’s too bad.Every RESTURANT has a bad day.But just see it for what it is,THEY ARE SLAMMIN BUSY!!!!!! But u get a plate full of food.So just sit back and do some ppl watchin,u might b entertained.So if u r a hater So sorry for your experience.If u got seated right away somewhere else it’s because they were’nt busy.GO TO MCCRAE’S to get feed well.

Corn Beef hash

It’s homemade and is the real deal.NO OUT OF THE CAN!!! it is fresh and comes with eggs on top and some hash browns and toast.Its a big helpin’ so be prepared! it’s availible on the weekends.Its a special!!! not on the menu.ASK FOR IT!!!

4.0

Great lately

I have been there on two different occasions & had great service. Had the French Toast once…Delicious! & the Biscuits & Gravy the other time…Scrumptious!
The waitresses were efficient & polite. The food was delivered in a very timely manner.
I noticed the other reviews were from two years ago. the owners of McRae’s obviously listened to the complaints & have made positive changes. That’s saying something about their commitment to their customers. Thumbs up from me!

Biscuits & Gravy

The gravy actually had chunks of meat in it! The biscuits were soft & fluffy. It is my new favorite place for Biscuits & Gravy. Worth the extra drive.

2.0

Not happy with customer service!

I’m giving this place two stars because they do have good food, but we have always had to wait a long time to be served. Although, we’ve always been patient when we’ve had to wait. A couple of weeks ago we went to Mcrae’s for breakfast and we were meeting two people there. They were busy, but our family was on their way and should have been there any minute. Because they weren’t there yet the hostess decided to turn to the next group of people and seat them instead. I’ve NEVER had this kind of service before! We walked out and went to the M&M cafe which had great food and we were seated right away! I will never go to Mcrae’s again. I found what they did to be extremely rude and it was horrible customer service.

McCrae's Country Cafe

Horrible Service AND they called the COPS on US!

I used to like McCraes, I even told my family to go there because I liked it, they all hated it, saying that they had horrible service, and it took an hour to get their food. I used to think they were over reacting, until January 1st 2009. My husband, my 8 month old daughter, and I went, my daughter was getting tired, and after an hour and a half, we still hadn’t received our food. She was getting fussy because it was taking forever, so I called my parents who lived down the street to come pick her up and take her home to nap, bad idea it turns out. When they arrived, my husband took her out, put her in her carseat, and my parents took our car home, and left theirs, he came back in, and we finished our meal. Surprise Surprise, 2 hours after we got home from our 2 hour adventure at McCraes, 4 cops show up at our door, saying that the management at McCraes called them saying we left our baby in the car while we ate!! I was/am still furious with them. They didn’t ask us or mention anything to us while we were there, they didn’t even look at our car, they just watched us finish our meal, thinking we were neglecting our daughter, and took down my mom’s car’s license plate as we left. We had to explain the situation to the cops, who fortunately understood, and were also irritated that the manager didn’t just ask us personally instead of called the cops on us. Needless to say I, nor ANY of my family, are EVER returning to that horrible, awful place. Had their service not sucked so horribly, none of this would have happened. It was their fault we even had to have our daughter taken home, and then THEY have the NERVE to accuse us of child neglect! I take my job as a full-time mother very seriously, and am hurt by these false allegations from these idiotic people. And to think, we even left a tip! If you go here with kids, you better announce everything you’re doing to them, cause they may think you’re abusing your children or something. Please don’t waste your time here.

Country Special, French Toast

Add/Show Comments (1)

September 16, 2012

They need to do a better job of cleaning. Dishes and silverware are dirty. This morning I found a plastic jelly top in the bottom of my coffee cup. This was disgusting and unacceptable. Still got charged for the coffee.

April 15, 2012

Huge portions (the 1/2 omelet is 6

Huge portions (the 1/2 omelet is 6 eggs!!!) very friendly wait staff.

March 3, 2012

horrible first time experience will

horrible first time experience will never go back. I ordered a build your own omlet and asked for half order egg white with veggies and jalepenos, which to my understanding was $2 extra for egg whites and $2 extra for jalepenos. they…

McCrae's Country Cafe is located near the cities of Centennial, Gresham Northeast, Gresham North Central, Wood Village, and Fairview.
People found this by searching for: Mcraes Gresham, Mccrae's Country Cafe Menu, Mccrae's Gresham, Mccrea's Gresham Or, Mcreas Menue, Mccrae's Country Cafe, Macras Resturant Gresham, Mcraes Gresham Oregon, and Mcrae's Restaurant.

Featured in Gresham

Link to McCrae's Country Cafe

McCrae's Country Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  95%  Food:  94%  Service:  93%  Ambiance:  86%
Pros
  •  "Huge Portions Of Homestyle FooD. NotFancy...But Not Supposed To Be"