Meet Restaurant La

310-815-8222

9727 Culver Boulevard ( )

Culver City, CA 90232

Neighborhoods: Downtown

Description: Meet Restaurant La is a French and Bistro restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: French, Bistro, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Meet Restaurant La
Tips:
  • The restaurant features an impressively lengthy selection of Bourdeaux wines and some imported beers, but does not have a full-liquor license for cocktail drinkers.
  • For faster service, avoid peak lunchtime hours--Sony execs seem to queue-up anytime between noon and 2pm on weekdays.
  • A lot of bang for the buck, usually pricey dishes like veal liver and rack of lamb are surprisingly affordable

Reviews for Meet Restaurant La

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by Ching

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Meet Restaurant La

Oh La La

My new girlfriend treated me to day of fun and pampering for my bday back in October, and we stumbled across this tres chic restaurant that was newly opened in downtown Culver City. The restaurant is rather small but luckily they have a very nice patio. The ambiance is really really nice – very reminiscent of sitting in a real Parisian Cafe. (Yes, that means the table size and space between tables are rather similar to those in France – so you need to be comfortable with “intimacy.” ~ Both my girlfriend and I are Francophiles so neither of us minded :)

We were greeted by the owner Sebastien who along with his co owner wife Cecile and patisserie creator/waiter (also) Sebastien treated us like newly minted French royalty. Sebastien chatted up my girlfriend in Francais…ooh, la, la!! while we were seated al fresco with heated lamps to keep us warm.

One of the Sebastiens’ serendipitously comped us some champagne just as the other brought out the most delightful Amuse Bouche (that’s “amuse mouth” literally, so its pretty much a petite appetizer that’s standard in most French restaurants) of strawberries drizzled with chocolate and I can’t remember what else kind of garnishing. I’ll post a fuzzy pic of it courtesy of my incredibly SUCKY new Nikon camera (thanks ALOT Ashton Kutcher!!!).

We started our tete a tete with a wonderful Beet Salad which consisted of 2 kinds of beets with Goat Cheese on a bed of Frisee Lettuce sprinkled with walnuts, drizzled with Orange Honey Champagne Dressing ~ It was unique as I don’t frequently enjoy beets. The goat cheese was incredibly rich, esp with all that beet. It was yummy, but I found the flavor to be quite strong with this combination of beets and goat cheese.

Next came our main courses. My girlfriend had the Assiette Halibut with Bearnaise sauce. I had that night’s special which was Short Ribs off the bone on a bed of polenta with parmesan cheese. This was my first ime trying polenta which is corn based. Interesting. The short ribs, on the other hand, were absolutely divine. It was one of those experiences where the meat fell away from my knife like buttah!

My goodness then came dessert: Chocolat fondant avec la glace à la vanille. (I’ll admit it, I just learned the difference between a fondant and fondue! – the joys of learning the nuances of French!)

At this point, we’re both quite spent from this food orgy in our mouths. Sebastien, the owner, brings two glasses of port that he decides to comp us as well.

My girlfriend and I feel like we won the lottery by stumbling onto this delightful establishment! Wow!!

Our verdict?? Service, attention/interaction with us, and the (taste, ingredients, presentation of ) food was Superb (in my french accent!). We were both beside ourselves over this find! Everything was outstanding!

Oh, and hey, is this a good time to clarify that my girlfriend I’m referring to is a friend who’s female cuz I’m straight? Although, after the amazing day she treated me with, I felt like I probably shoulda put out for her that night……!!!!

Assiette Halibut with Bearnaise sauce

Assiette Halibut with Bearnaise sauce – Excellent but not a fan of pollenta.
Beet Salad – very good, but too much goat cheese.
Chocolat fondant avec la glace à la vanille – divine!