Call 13130 Alabama 157
Moulton, AL 35650

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak

Mel's Family Steakhouse is a Steakhouse and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great service and love the blooming onion"
"Took 55 minutes for food to arrive, food was cold. We ordered New York strip steak - that was anything but New York strip. You couldn't even cut it with the knife !!! Don't waste your time or money here!!!!!"
"Friendly staff good food. .. love the salad bar "
Cons
"Cold food. Steak that could not be cut with a knife. "
"There are no cons."
Comments
"Keep going down the highway. This place stinks!"
Sparquelito photo

Sparquelito

Harvest, AL
Mel's Family Steakhouse 5.0

A Jewel Of A Restaurant

My wife and I took a drive in the country last Saturday, and stumbled upon Mel’s Family Steakhouse right around lunch time. We were delighted with the friendly service, the overall condition and appearance of the place (cowboy ranch-house motif), and the fantastic food. I had a rib-eye steak that was simply fantastic, and my wife enjoyed a filet mignon that was ‘the very best she had ever had’. The service was just right, friendly and helpful, but not too much in your business. We highly recommend this restaurant to any weary traveler or passer-by. Two thumbs way up!

Fliet Mignon

Tender, flavorful, and grilled to perfection!

greenfamily91 photo

greenfamily91

Moulton, AL
Mel's Family Steakhouse 5.0

What I experienced at Mels Family Steakhouse

Mel’s Family Steakhouse is the best place to eat in North Alabama. The lunch menu ranges from 5.99 to 7.49 and includes steak, catfish and chicken and pork chops, The dinner prices range from 6.99 to 17.99 and include all of the above plus shrimp. They also have a kids meal and young at heart that ranges from 3.79 to 4.99. They have the best salad bar I have ever eat at and appetizers that are out of this world they range from 3.99 to 4.99. I will definately eat here again and again.

Fliet Mignon

The best Filet Mignon I have ever put in my mouth!!!!!

BamagirlFoodie photo

BamagirlFoodie

Florence, AL
Mel's Family Steakhouse 4.0

Great Food, Great Atmosphere

We had our High School reunion at Mel’s and the event went by wonderfully. They have an upstairs loft with plenty of room, bathrooms and a small salad bar. The food was fantastic! My husband actually ate there twice! lol When we met earlier in the day to decorate he had a Burger, which he said is one of the best he’s had. Our class ordered off the menu and suprisingly the food came out very quickly with very little complaints. Truely a wonderful atmosphere upstairs. The only drawback I will have to say is that this is a locally owned restaurant, therefore there tends to be a lot of behind the scenes gossip in which often can be distasteful and un called for. But I assume that is normal for a small town restaurant. The staff are fairly young for the most part, but good at what they do. Our event Mel’s was wonderful and I will definately reccommend this location to others.

Burger

My husband had the Burger and Fries for lunch and he was very impressed. Cooked perfectly and the fries were extra crispy, just the way he likes them

Sirloin Steak

The steak was mediocre. We assumed it was overcooked because they were extremely busy that night. I wouldnt say it was the best my husbans has had. But their baked potatoes were cooked perfectly.

Steakhouse Steak

Mel's Family Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Mel's Steakhouse Moulton Al, Mel's Family Steakhouse, Mel's Steakhouse Moulton, Mels Diner Moulton Al, Mels Steakhouse Moulton Menu, Mel's Steakhouse Moulton, Al, Mels Steakhouse, Mels Steakhouse Moulton Al, and Mels Steakhouse Moulton.