256-974-7500

13130 Alabama 157 ( )

Moulton, AL 35650

Description: Mel's Family Steakhouse is a Steakhouse and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Steakhouse and Steak
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Mel's Family Steakhouse

Reviews for Mel's Family Steakhouse

A Jewel Of A Restaurant

My wife and I took a drive in the country last Saturday, and stumbled upon Mel’s Family Steakhouse right around lunch time. We were delighted with the friendly service, the overall condition and appearance of the place (cowboy ranch-house motif), and the fantastic food. I had a rib-eye steak that was simply fantastic, and my wife enjoyed a filet mignon that was ‘the very best she had ever had’. The service was just right, friendly and helpful, but not too much in your business. We highly recommend this restaurant to any weary traveler or passer-by. Two thumbs way up!

Fliet Mignon

Tender, flavorful, and grilled to perfection!

What I experienced at Mels Family Steakhouse

Mel’s Family Steakhouse is the best place to eat in North Alabama. The lunch menu ranges from 5.99 to 7.49 and includes steak, catfish and chicken and pork chops, The dinner prices range from 6.99 to 17.99 and include all of the above plus shrimp. They also have a kids meal and young at heart that ranges from 3.79 to 4.99. They have the best salad bar I have ever eat at and appetizers that are out of this world they range from 3.99 to 4.99. I will definately eat here again and again.

Fliet Mignon

The best Filet Mignon I have ever put in my mouth!!!!!

4.0

Great Food, Great Atmosphere

We had our High School reunion at Mel’s and the event went by wonderfully. They have an upstairs loft with plenty of room, bathrooms and a small salad bar. The food was fantastic! My husband actually ate there twice! lol When we met earlier in the day to decorate he had a Burger, which he said is one of the best he’s had. Our class ordered off the menu and suprisingly the food came out very quickly with very little complaints. Truely a wonderful atmosphere upstairs. The only drawback I will have to say is that this is a locally owned restaurant, therefore there tends to be a lot of behind the scenes gossip in which often can be distasteful and un called for. But I assume that is normal for a small town restaurant. The staff are fairly young for the most part, but good at what they do. Our event Mel’s was wonderful and I will definately reccommend this location to others.

Burger

My husband had the Burger and Fries for lunch and he was very impressed. Cooked perfectly and the fries were extra crispy, just the way he likes them

Sirloin Steak

The steak was mediocre. We assumed it was overcooked because they were extremely busy that night. I wouldnt say it was the best my husbans has had. But their baked potatoes were cooked perfectly.

People found this by searching for: Mel's Family Steakhouse, Mel's Steakhouse Moulton, Mels Steakhouse Moulton Al, Mel's Restaurant, Mel's Steakhouse Moulton, Al, Mels Stealhouse Moulton Al, Mel's Steakhouse Moulton Al, Mels Steakhouse Moulton, and Mel's Steakhouse Moulton Al Menu.

Featured in Moulton

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Mel's Family Steakhouse

Mel's Family Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Friendly staff good food. .. love the salad bar "
Cons
  •  "There are no cons."