Call 868 N Franklin St
Chicago, IL 60610
Neighborhoods: Near North Side

Cuisine: American, Private Parties, Romantic

mk the restaurant is a American, Private Parties, and Romantic restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

JeremyAdamFisher photo

JeremyAdamFisher

Chicago, IL
mk the restaurant 4.0

Simply amazing. I had heard nothing but good things abou...

Simply amazing. I had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant and then I decided to try it out. wow! the tuna tartare is one of the best that i’ve had in a while. topped with avocado, it was great. my girlfriend had the lobster and corn soup. I wasn’t a big fan but the flavors were good. for entree I had the venison and it was out of this world. the service was great but there were alot of children in the dinning room and that took away from the ambiance. if not for the kids I would have given it 5 stars.

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Contemporary American Goodness

Maybe it’s due to the fact that I had gone to the restaurant with a friend on a Monday evening. Service was prompt and fantastic. The server was always at hand to refill our glasses, take away dirty plates, and answer any questions.

The cocktails were wonderful; not too strong, and not too weak. I had the bellini. The appetizer was also wonderful. Although the oysters were small, they were fresh and flavorful. I also thoroughly enjoyed the fries and truffle sauce. Yummy.

My friend had halibut, which was tender and light. And I had the pork, medium rare and perfectly crusted. It was hearty and juicy and delicious. The dessert, creme brulee, was not so impressive. I found it to be too heavy.

Everything else was superb though.

March 15, 2011

My full review at

CamillesDish(dot)com
January 2, 2010

Outstanding food coupled with a great ambiance

Wonderfully delicious food, very friendly wait staff. Everything we had here was absolutely divine. The only thing I would skip next time is dessert as it left something to be desired after such wonderful appetizers and entrees. Be sure to…

American Business Dining BYOB
Tips
  • Diners can bring one bottle of wine per table with a corkage fee of $35 per 750 milliliter but current releases of wines similar to those on the list are not allowed.
Sun-Thu 05:30PM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 05:30PM - 11:00PM

From OpenTable:

mk recently celebrated 16 years of casual fine dining with unrivaled hospitality. With classical technique and Italian and French influences leading the kitchen, mk’s dishes feature locally sourced foods complemented by an extensive, globally procured wine list curated. The dining room offers comfort and familiarity in a fine-dining context, and the attentive staff ensure guests are both genuinely taken care of and emotionally moved by their dining experience

Come in and experience for yourself why Food & Wine magazine said,“Windy City diners are blown away by mk."

Owner? Claim The Menu

0 useful

emunn

Chicago, IL

mk the restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/20/2013 - A diner hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 02/13/2015 - A diner hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 04/20/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA hasn't been here but wants to try it.
mk the restaurant is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Mk Chicago, Mk Restaurant Dress Code, Dress Code Mk Chicago, Mk Chicago Dress Code, Mk Restaurant Chicago Menu, Mk Restaurant Chicago Dress Code, Mk The Restaurant Chicago, and Mk Restaurant Chicago.