312-482-9179

868 N Franklin St ( )

Chicago, IL 60610

Neighborhoods: Near North Side

View Hours
Description: mk the restaurant is a American, Steak, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American, Contemporary, Prix Fixe, American (New), Organic, Delivery, and Fine Dining
  • 44 dishes entered by diners at mk the restaurant
  • 3 users want to eat at mk the restaurant
  • 1 user loves mk the restaurant
Tips:
  • Diners can bring one bottle of wine per table with a corkage fee of $35 per 750 milliliter but current releases of wines similar to those on the list are not allowed.
Diner Log for mk the restaurant:
  • 04/20/2013 - A diner from Indianapolis, IN hasn't been here but wants to try it.

From OpenTable:

**Due to internet connectivity issues, please contact the restaurant directly for reservation availability. **
mk The Restaurant celebrated 15 years of casual fine dining with unrivaled hospitality this past November. We have renovated our bar, lounge, and dining room and Chef Erick and his team have a beautiful new spring menu along with a small bite menu available only in the bar and lounge. Our new bar features window seating and more than 60 new craft spirits to choose from. Our private dining room with its skyline views is suitable for all of your catering and special event needs.

Come in and experience for yourself why Food & Wine magazine said,“Windy City diners are blown away by mk."

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for mk the restaurant

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Simply amazing. I had heard nothing but good things abou...

Simply amazing. I had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant and then I decided to try it out. wow! the tuna tartare is one of the best that i’ve had in a while. topped with avocado, it was great. my girlfriend had the lobster and corn soup. I wasn’t a big fan but the flavors were good. for entree I had the venison and it was out of this world. the service was great but there were alot of children in the dinning room and that took away from the ambiance. if not for the kids I would have given it 5 stars.

Add/Show Comments (1)

4.0

Contemporary American Goodness

Maybe it’s due to the fact that I had gone to the restaurant with a friend on a Monday evening. Service was prompt and fantastic. The server was always at hand to refill our glasses, take away dirty plates, and answer any questions.

The cocktails were wonderful; not too strong, and not too weak. I had the bellini. The appetizer was also wonderful. Although the oysters were small, they were fresh and flavorful. I also thoroughly enjoyed the fries and truffle sauce. Yummy.

My friend had halibut, which was tender and light. And I had the pork, medium rare and perfectly crusted. It was hearty and juicy and delicious. The dessert, creme brulee, was not so impressive. I found it to be too heavy.

Everything else was superb though.

March 15, 2011

My full review at

CamillesDish(dot)com

January 2, 2010

Outstanding food coupled with a great ambiance

Wonderfully delicious food, very friendly wait staff. Everything we had here was absolutely divine. The only thing I would skip next time is dessert as it left something to be desired after such wonderful appetizers and entrees. Be sure to…

mk the restaurant is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Mk Restaurant Chicago Dress Code, Dress Code Mk Chicago, Mk The Restaurant Chicago, Reviews Of Mk Private Dining, Mk Restaurant Chicago Menu, Mk Chicago Dress Code, Mk Restaurant Chicago, Mk The Restaurant Food Images, and Mk Restaurant Dress Code.

Featured in Chicago

Dhnsdwlz

Loves mk the restaurant (1)

Acpbo4nsyr27pjabblkses
mmm_good

New York, NY

Wants to Try mk the restaurant (3)

aikos

Albuquerque, NM
0 useful

emunn

Chicago, IL

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by GettinMyn

Note: It was an organsimic experience! I was worth treking in the cold for their ravioli and desserts.

Dishes: Ravioli in Brown Butter Sauce

Most Romantic Restaurants in Chicago by foodha

Note: This sophisticated and elegant restaurant was named one of the 50 hottest restaurants in the world by Conde Nast Traveler.

Nearby Restaurants

Kiki's Bistro

French in Near North Side

Le Bordeaux North

French in Near North Side

Stone Lotus

Bottle Service in Near North Side

Link to mk the restaurant

mk the restaurant  Restaurant Reviews