Molly's Souper

388 N 1st Ave
Upland, CA 91786

Cuisine: Diner, American, Grill

Molly's Souper is a Diner, American, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
roselinck photo

roselinck

Alta Loma, CA
Molly's Souper 2.0

NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

I have always loved Molly’s Souper and have been going there for 20 years. I hadn’t been there is several years, so when my southern belle of an aunt visited me from Dallas, I thought it would be a great place to take her. I was happy to see that they still make homemade bread. The food was still pretty good, although not like the old days, but I must say, the service is TERRIBLE now. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant-perhaps five tables seated-and it took 7 minutes just to get water, on a 100+ degree day. The waitress never acknowledged our existence, looked sat us, nor did she even let us know she would get to us. Someone who was seated ten minutes after we got there was waited on first. I wanted to leave but my aunt liked the atmoshphere, so we stayed. 15 minutes after receiving our water, the waitress, who had the personality of a damp rag, came up and asked, “Do you know what you want yet?” Sheesh…and Good Afternoon too you too… no pleasantries with this gal. And also, I’m thinking that YES…after sitting here for 22 minutes watching her go back and forth, we are probably ready. So, we ordered. She never asked us about type of bread etc. so we had to interrogate her. We received our orders and mine was incorrect, and portions scant. (I realize that the scantiness is not her fault, but she should have noticed the incorrect order) As she did not come by to check on us, I had to find her and tell her that my order was incorrect. She corrected it, 5 minutes later. There was never a smile, a thank you or anything…the busboy was on top of things and even brought us the bottle of ice water that I remember getting in the old days. He was more attentive then waitress. I wanted to say something on the way out, but my aunt did not want me to complain, so I complied with her wishes. I was sad that the service has come to this at Molly’s Souper-a place that used to be PACKED-but now I can probably surmise that the service has driven down interest. That is too bad, as they have a fabulous place there with a good menu.

EGG SALAD SANDWICH W/SOUP

angelontario

Ontario, CA
Molly's Souper 4.0

Good food, nice setting

Molly’s has some really good food. Some dishes can be a little off, which is why I didn’t give them 5 stars. The strawberry pancakes are fantastic. I love their breakfast potatoes, and the omelettes are always fresh. One of the dishes that was disappointing was a apple-cinnamon topped waffle. The topping tasted like it came out of jar. We also had sort of an uncomfortable experience with a waiter there that was just rude. Other than that, everyone is pleasant and it’s a beautful homey (literally, it’s in an old home) place to eat.

western omelette

Fresh, loved the potatoes and the coffee is always good.

Molly's Souper 5.0
Diner American Grill

Molly's Souper  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/25/2013 - A diner from Midlothian, VA tried it.
  • 04/11/2013 - A diner from Hurst, TX tried it and liked it.
  • 04/12/2013 - A diner from Upland, CA tried it.
  • 06/14/2013 - A diner from Riverside, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/15/2013 - A diner from Riverside, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 09/08/2013 - A diner from Covina, CA tried it.
  • 09/28/2013 - A diner from Pomona, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/08/2014 - A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/12/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/14/2014 - A diner from Burbank, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/19/2015 - A diner from Fontana, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'First visit for us...had a great chili size for lunch and my husband had the mile-high sandwich with ham and turkey. It was wonderful!'
    Cons: 'Nothing could have been improved today. They were VERY busy (It was 11:00 a.m. on Sunday) and we were seated in short order and our order came quickly. '
    Comments: 'Our server, Veronica, was very friendly and efficient. She checked back with us several times to make sure we had everthing we needed.'
Molly's Souper is located near the cities of North Ontario, Ontario, Montclair, and Alta Loma.
People found this by searching for: Molly's Souper Restaurant Menu, Molly's Souper Upland Ca, Mollys Souper, Molly's Souper Upland, Molly's Souper, Molly's Souper Restaurant, Molly Souper, Molly's Souper Menu, and Molly's Souper Menu Upland Ca.