724-287-5529

400 E Jefferson St ( )

Butler, PA 16001-4796

Description: Monroe Hotel is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Downtown Butler and American
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Monroe Hotel

Reviews for Monroe Hotel

my experience @ the monroe

nice place to drink as long as the bartenders aren’t accusing you of causing trouble when in actuallity, you are sitting there minding your own business

Repulsive

I have been dining here for several years, my all time favorite meal there was their French Club Sandwich. It’s a combo of Ham and Turkey and provolone or swiss cheese (don’t remember) with fries.

Recently, I picked up that sandwich for take-out. When I got home to eat, I found three pieces of hair that looked to be the “bad” kind, and after reviewing the photos I documented in case further action were to be taken, I am suspecting worse.

The owner was contacted and I can only hope that some sort of action/quality control has taken place since then. As my username suggests, that will be my last visit to the Monroe Hotel.

Yes, it is unlikely that this sort of incident will happen again, I hope. So therefore I state that before this, I always enjoyed the atmosphere and dinner experience there. Waiter/waitress service was good, as well as the food.

French Club Sandwich

3.0

Watch out for the garlic!

Had the opportunity to eat at Monroe’s recently; I hadn’t been there in a couple of years.
They’ve enlarged their parking area since my last visit; there’s no problem getting to the restaurant. Entry is at street level, Monroe’s is accessible for the physically disabled.
The place was remodelled since my last visit. Dining area is still separate from the bar. Ample seating for about 50. Adequate Indoor lighting, but could be a little brighter.
My server was courteous,prompt & efficient – no problem there.
Restaurant accepts cash or plastic.

grilled chicken breast

Main course ordered was their grilled chicken breast dinner. Served up 2 generous sized breast halves, hot, moist & tender, but either seasoned or marinated in a salty barbeque sauce. (Saltier than Worcestershire.)
Dinner came with choice of two side dishes. One I ordered was chilled applesauce — no problem there.
The other side dish was garlic-mashed potatoes. The genuine hot mashers came in a cereal-size bowl mixed with a generous portion of real garlic slices. The taste was overwhelming — very potent and crunchy, like the texture of water chestnuts.
(But at least the vampires left me alone.)

Monroe Hotel is located near the cities of Meadowood, Homeacre Lyndora, Lyndora, and East Butler.
People found this by searching for: Monroe Hotel Menu Butler Pa, Monroe Hotel Butler Menu, Monroe Hotel Butler Pa, Monroe Hotel Butler, Monroe Hotel, Butler,, Reese's Monroe Hotel Menu, Monroe Hotel Menu, and Monroe Hotel Butler Pa Menu.

D'Anthonys Restaurant & Catering
Reichhold Cafe

Link to Monroe Hotel

Monroe Hotel  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  95%  Food:  92%  Service:  91%  Ambiance:  86%
Pros
  •  "Great food and prices best prime rib"
  •  "Quick and kind service. I also love the choice of spirits!!!"
  •  "All around wonderful"
  •  "Salads, Italian dressing is awesome"
  •  "Great food. Owners are great guys!"
Cons
  •  "Not the cleanest place in the world but..."
  •  "Maybe add some music"
  •  "None"
Comments
  •  "I like the fact that I can wear jeans n a t shirt n not feel outa place"