Neighborhoods: Fox Chase/ Burholme
Cuisine: Italian, Gluten Free, Bistro

Moonstruck is a Italian, Gluten Free, and Bistro restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

RJO photo

Woodlyn, PA

Wouldn't go back

We went there on Valentine’s Day…yesterday! Every year it is my job to come up with a place we haven’t yet been. So far…I was 10 for 10.

The decor was rather inviting. However, I don’t think there is a place for a television to be on in what looked like an upscale, romantic setting. The bar was not so upscale. It looked like it belonged at the Reading Terminal…television and all.

We were seated promptly by a lovely gentleman who left us with our waitress. We, of course, were asked about cocktails. My partner ordered a glass of Sangeovese, which tuned out to have part of the grape vine in it, for which nothing was done. I asked if she had good bourbon. She replied “of course”. After I went down an exhaustive list, it turns out they didn’t know what good bourbon was. The bartender was sorely lacking.

The meal was a solid 3. My partner’s appetizer was nicely done, a composed beet salad,..mine was not so good. Prosciutto and such with olives that was warmed in a microwave. It should have been at room temperature…no more!

The entrees, while not cheap were ok. A braised beef dish that was very nicely done, and a stuffed salmon that was not so good. The worst part of the fish was the vegetables that were over-cooked and swimming in oil…The oil should have been a garnish.

I wanted to give the place three stars, but the waitress did her best to detract from the whole experience. I counted 11 times that we were interrupted with, “is everything ok…is the food alright?” Attentive is good, bothering is not. And she literally hovered like a prison guard. We both felt terribly rushed.

The meal came to 150 and left a 20% tip. Everyone has a bad night. But we won’t go back to find out.

So for Valentine’s Day, for picking a restaurant at least…I’m 10 for 11

For picking partners…I’m batting a thousand!

stuff salmon

over cooked, poorly stuffed, sitting on a bed of vegetables swimming in oil

Italian Good For Kids Gluten Free

Moonstruck  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/21/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Moonstruck is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, William Penn Annex East, and Pennsport.
People found this by searching for: Moonstruck Foxchase, Restaurants Near 19111, Menu For Moonstruck Restaurant Near Fox Chase, Gluten Free In Fox Chase Philadelphia, Moonstruck Burholme, Banquet Halls In 19111, Moonstruck Valentines Day Fox Chase, Moonstruck Fox Chase, and Moonstruck Restaurant.