Moose Cafe

Cuisine: Cafe

"Slow srvice"
twoblondiesmommy photo

Greensboro, NC

Not worth the time or price

I was born and raised in the South and know what good southern food is. Well the breakfast we had this past Saturday with 2 adults and 2 children ages 3&6 was not what we expected for a place that boasts “country cooking”.

Biscuits that came out while they looked good and were good size, they obviously are made and then put in a steam warmer because they had the consistency of rubber and no flavor. Heaven knows they needs the apple butter to give them some kind of flavor.

Then arrives our breakfast, the last time I checked, Grits should not be watery and barely cooked. They were absolutely terrible. Home Fries are deep fried and greasy. The sawmill gravy was just plain aweful, you can tell it’s commerically prepared because it lacked the seasoning that homemade gravy includes, it was very bland. The only saving grace on my plate was the bacon, it was very good, had a nice flavor w/o being overly salty or greasy. My husband got the tenderloin which pretty much was a skinny piece of dry pork that had been pounded to death.

This place was good when it first opened, however the facility cleaniless and quality of food has went downhill. Pricing is too expensive. We spend $24.00 for a family of 4 to eat considering that our children split the 1.99 pancake they charged 1.79 for friggin coffee! Needless to say we won’t be back again ever, this is the 3rd time we’ve tried it for both lunch and breakfast, all three times were disapointing. We spent Thanksgiving there one year, food was terrible, you could tell it was premade.

Ok the whole place in general needs a good scrub down, the bathroom were pretty dirty and the table had a film on it. Like it had been wiped with the same greasy towel. I worked as a waitress for over 6 years so I am not coming out of left field for that. Cashier look clueless when I commented about the food quality.

Moose Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Cons: 'Slow srvice'
People found this by searching for: Moose Cafe Reviews, Menu For. Moose Cafe At Colfax Nc, Moose Cafe Greensboro, Moose Cafe Colfax Nc Menu, Moose Cafe Greensboro Menu, Saturday Menu At Moose Cafe Greensboro, Nc, Moose Cafe Menu Greensboro Nc, and Moose Cafe Greensboro Nc Menu.