Mother's Bake Shop

• 1 dish entered by diners at Mother's Bake Shop

Reviews for Mother's Bake Shop

Mother's Bake Shop

The best bakery ever!!

Mother’s Bakery has been an institution here in Riverdale for more than four decades (I’ve lived here for four decades and it was here before I migrated from Brooklyn!) I travel nationally and internationally on a regular basis and have the luxury to frequent the finest pastry shops within each venue. But I must admit that there really to my taste is no bakery or patisserie for New York City tastebuds to compare with Mother’s. Their custard eclairs and brownies are the best I’ve eaten anywhere. And their cupcakes with chocolate and vanilla cream frosting (and yes, nondairy, how they do it amazes me) are rich and delicious. Of course the chocolate babka, cinnamon babka, chocolate iced marble cake, seven layer cake, black and whites, chocolate bells, large chinese cookies are all top notch. What is truly remarkable is that Mother’s comes out with new varieties of sizable single portion desserts all the time, each more delicious than the next. How ever do you do it, Mom?

Brownie

I guess you’d call me a brownie devotee. I look for brownies (no nuts), with crusty corners and rich goey fudge insides everywhere I roam (NYC, Paris, London, Berlin etc.) and I can say without reservation that Mother’s brownies are matched only by one other venue, Maison Blanc on Holland Park Avenue in London. So, if you are in London, go to Maison Blanc. But if you are in NYC, it’s worth the trek to Riverdale to indulge in a yummy brownie from Mother’s Bake Shop.

Mother's Bake Shop is located near the cities of Westchester, Morris Park, Parkchester, West Farms, and East Tremont.
People found this by searching for: Mothers Bakery Riverdale, Mother's Bakery Riverdale Ny, Mother's Bake Shop Bronx, Mother's Bake Shop Riverdale, Mother's Bakery Riverdale, Mothers Bake Shop Riverdale, Chinese Bakeshop In Bronx, and Mothers Bakery Riverdale Ny.

Chix Express

Estrellita Poblana I Deli - Restaurant

Mexican in Parkchester

Link to Mother's Bake Shop

Mother's Bake Shop  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "Poppy seed danish."