213-738-0077

3881 Wilshire Blvd ( )

Los Angeles, CA 90010-3202

Neighborhoods: Mid-Wilshire

View Hours
Description: Mr Pizza Factory is a Pizza, Korean, and Healthy restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Pizza, Korean, Koreatown, Healthy, Pasta, American, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, and Steak
  • 8 dishes entered by diners at Mr Pizza Factory
  • 1 user wants to eat at Mr Pizza Factory
  • 1 user loves Mr Pizza Factory

Reviews for Mr Pizza Factory

• 7 reviews
  • First reviewed by SusyH

4.0

Korean style pizza

Next time you’re in the mood for Pizza and can’t get into Mozza – forgo Pizza Hut or Domino’s, there’s one literally less than 2 miles from Mozza.

It’s Mr Pizza on Wilshire and St. Andrews. Trendy, family friendly pizza parlor with big plasma screens, nice sized booths, difference is their toppings – not that the toppings are unfamiliar, just the odd combination of them. Right now in month of January, they are running a special – order 1 pizza and the second is 50% off. Valet parking is in the back-enter on St. Andrew, only $1.50 w/ restaurant validation.

The must get signature creation here is the Potato Gold – mishmash (pun intended) of potatoes, bacon, sour cream, corn, nacho chips, cheddar cheese and bits of ground beef and the surprise is the outer crust stuffed with sweet potatoe puree – sounds weird but it works.

Shrimp Nude was good and a bit on the spicy side which I like – cajun shrimp, corn, onion, jalapeno, bacon, blue cheese sauce but the crust is filled with cream cheese.

The Bulgogi Pizza was just okay, we were a bit disappointed. Tasted like a standard all meat pizza from Pizzahut. I think it just needed more Bulgogi and seasonings.

We went with a big group of 12 people and our bill literally was only $14 dollars each and we had a total 8 pizzas, combination of regular and large sizes and we still had a few slices leftover.

Next time I’d like to try the Hanchi Gold – combination of spicy bean paste, onion, bell pepper, marinated calamari, edamame, bacon, sour cream, garlic parsley again the same crust as above.

Do ask for more bacon on the slices, it does make a difference. There’s also the standard pastas, salads and kids menu ie; mac and cheese, chicken strips.

their ‘tobacco’ hot sauce is slightly on the sweet side and they give you simple syrup with your teas

Shrimp Nude

Bulgogi

Add/Show Comments (1)

Mr Pizza Factory

not too shabby and a bit kooky

ok at first i was really skeptical of this place… their toppings include potatoes, nacho cheese (drool), sour cream, bacon (drool), bulgogi, and sweet potato puree/ cream. but all in all i really enjoyed it.

unfortunately i only had two slices because the pizza i had in general was really filling.

Potato Gold

i loved the fact that their pizza menu is so kooky… i had the potato gold large pizza more than enough for two people. the toppings include: bacon (YES YES YES!), nacho chese (YES YES YES!), sour cream, potatos, onion, and the crust had sweet potato cream filling… the sweetness of the sweet potato crust offsets the saltiness of the pizza. i felt that the crust was like a baked in dessert within the entree. =D

3.0

Korean-Style Pizza That Doesn't Always Work

A while back, I decided to start a new restaurant series for my dining group, Pleasure Palate, revolving around pizza. Considering how many pizza joints are in Los Angeles, I knew that this would be a dining series that would probably take me into infinity, but you gotta do, what you gotta do sometimes, so “The Great Pizza Hunt” was on.

When it comes to pizza, Korean food doesn’t usually come to mind, so when I heard about Mr. Pizza Factory, which is part of a Korean pizza franchise company and one of two restaurants in the US, my interest was piqued. Then I heard more about their specialty pizzas which were comprised of an interesting mix of ingredients and I knew I had to check this place out.

Stepping into Mr. Pizza Factory in Koreatown, I have to say that it seemed quite a fancy place just for pizza, but a little ambiance never hurt any restaurant. As we were perusing the menu, we were served complimentary pickles as a starter. I was actually half expecting small bowls of panchan to come out, but had to settle for the pickles. Having already done some research, I already had an idea for what our group was going to order and with a buy 1, get a second one for 50% off in honor of the grand opening of another location, our group of 13 ordered both medium and large sizes of 4 different pizzas.

As we were waiting for our pies to arrive, some of us walked over to the pizza tossing/making booth where we saw pizza dough rolled out, flipped in the air and than passed on down the line to be topped with sauce, cheese and other ingredients before being put into the oven. It was like pre-show entertainment before the main event.

Finally, it was indeed time for the main event. The first pizza to arrive was the Potato Gold. Ingredients included tomato sauce, mushrooms, ground beef, corn, onions, potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, nacho chips, sour cream and it had a sweet potato mousse stuffed pizza crust. It was the sweet potato mousse stuffed crust that I’ve heard raves about and I have to say that after eating your way through all those savory ingredients, it’s almost like having dessert once you got to the end of your slice of pie.

There was quite a cornucopia of stuff on this pizza, but it worked. It was almost like having a baked potato pizza, if that makes any sense. I had visions of a baked potato bar where the toppings are endless and could include any or most of the ingredients that were currently on the Potato Gold.

Next to hit the table was the Nude Shrimp Pizza. I’m not quite sure where the “nude” reference came from, but the ingredients for this pie consisted of salsa sauce, mushroom, ground beef, corn, onion, bell pepper, olives, yellow chili, bacon, Cajun shrimp, blue cheese sauce with a cream cheese mousse stuffed crust.

The Nude Shrimp pizza definitely was ingredient heavy was well. Usually, I don’t use a knife and fork when it comes to eating pizza, but found myself employing both for most of the pizza I had that evening. Picking up a slice and eating by hand meant losing some ingredients to your plate at times, so the utensils were quite useful. In terms of how this pizza tasted, it definitely had more of a kick than the Potato Gold pizza. It wasn’t ultra spicy by any means, but there was some heat, which actually went well with the slight pungency of the blue cheese sauce. For those who can’t handle any spiciness at all, the cream cheese mousse stuffed crust probably helped ease any burn one may have been feeling on their tastebuds.

Of the four pizzas we tried, the most disappointing one was the Bulgogi Pizza – disappointing because it really highlighted the flaws of Mr. Pizza Factory’s pies. Along with bulgogi beef, there were also onions, bell peppers and mushrooms on this pizza. Bulgogi beef should be fairly intensely marinated and you would think that baking in an oven, the meat would caramelize and add really great flavor to the pizza as a whole. Again, what a disappointment.

The bulgogi was hard and had the texture of over cooked ground beef. Overall, this pizza had no real flavor to it. It was by eating the bulgogi pizza that exposed something interesting about the pizzas overall. The first two had a lot of different ingredients, all very savory and than of course, both had either sweet potato or cream cheese stuffed crusts. If you took all that “stuff” away and were left with a plain cheese pizza, the foundation isn’t very good. The bulgogi wasn’t cutting it, but if you still had a great crust, a tasty sauce and a quality cheese, you’d still have a great slice of pizza, which wasn’t the case. The flavorful ingredients of the Potato Gold and Nude Shrimp Pizzas did a great job disguising a crust, sauce and cheese that was just okay.

Our last and final pizza was actually one of Mr. Pizza Factory’s newest offerings and like the first two was considered one of their specialty pizzas. Called the Gesal Montand Gold Pizza, ingredients included an Alfredo cream sauce, ground beef, onion, bell pepper, crab, paprika, bacon, cheddar cheese, oregano, blue cheese dressing, parsley with a sweet potato mousse stuffed pizza crust.

While the Bulgogi Pizza had no flavor, the flavors of the Gesal Montand Gold Pizza just did not jive at all and that’s being polite. In fact, one slice was enough for me and only half a slice at that. First, the crab didn’t taste right to me. It had an off flavor. Not that it wasn’t cooked, but what ever they marinated it in or coated it with, my taste buds were not happy with at all. I don’t think the Alfredo cream sauce meshed well with the blue cheese dressing. There was also an overall tangy taste to the pizza that I couldn’t get past.

Overall, dining at Mr Pizza Factory was an interesting foodie experience. While I enjoyed half the pizzas my group tried, it’s definitely not a destination pizza place for me. The way they put together certain ingredients for their specialty pizzas was really hit and miss. It either worked well or bombed. Also, I don’t think the essential parts of the pizza like the crust, cheese and sauce really shined through here. You almost need to have tons of toppings to hide those short comings. If I was ever craving something hearty and was in the neighborhood with friends, I’d definitely be up for sharing a Potato Gold or Nude Shrimp pizza, but for a simpler pizza, there are too many other options I’d consider first.

Nude Shrimp

Bulgogi Pizza

Gesal Montand Gold

4.0

yum pizza w/a korean twist

i had heard many good things about mr pizza from friends and family so on a trip to LA, i finally had a chance to check it out. this is not your typical shabby pizza parlor, but rather a trendy and amazingly upscale pizza restaurant run by koreans. they have a handful of ‘different’ premium pizzas that are their specialties (sweet potato stuffed crust), in addition to the typical and non-typical (bulgogi pizza, anyone?) thin pizzas.
a great casual place to hang out w/friends or for families…seems to work on both levels.

Potato Gold

sadly, i wasn’t too big on the sweet potato stuffed crust, but the strange pizza toppings made this pizza amazingly tasty.

BLT

i’d never seen pizza look like this, so i was mildly shocked when it came out, but it was surprisingly good. not too heavy (except for the sweet potato stuffed crust part), and very fresh tasting.

Mr Pizza Factory

Awesome korean pizza and great service

I’ve been told by Koreans, that Mr. Pizza is big in Korea so I was pretty excited to see what korean pizza was like. At first I was expecting some kind of shack selling pizza w/ kal bee on it, but I was surprised when we got to a really nice building with a very trendy interior, including nice booths, plasma tvs and what looked like a pretty full bar.

You can see the guys making the pizzas, which is neat and comforting, and the staff is super nice. Way nicer than any other asian establishment I’ve been too.

On to the pizzas. Essentially, the pizzas have all kinds of odd toppings and even odder names like “potato gold” and “shrimp nude” (which i have to try next time). The Premium pizzas also have the crusts stuffed with sweet potato mouse. Think pizza hut stuffed crust but mashed sweet potato instead of cheese. Sounds weird right? It’s way better than I thought it’d be. It’s sort of a nice sweet finish to the complex flavors of the pizza.

I’m definitely looking forward to trying the rest of the menu – shrimp nude and bulgogi are next on my list.

BLT

Sure, there’s bacon, lettuce, and tomato…along with chicken, cheese and other assorted goodies. In fact, I couldn’t even taste the bacon since there was so much chicken. The lettuce makes it feel slightly healthier than it really is.

Potato Gold

This one looks really nice. It’s a hodgepodge of stuff including ground beef, chips, corn, sour cream and potato wedges. It tastes better than the ingredient list sounds (which might put off some people). The potato wedge is a little weird since it’s pretty big.

Calamari

The batter tasted like the batter you get on the fried zucchini at Carl’s Jr (which is not a bad thing). Could use more calamari. It’s a good appetizer though.

Don't Forget To Add The Sweet Potato Crust To Your Pizzas

I highly recommend that you add this to whatever pizza you order .

All the other reviews were spot on!

Add/Show Comments (1)

October 5, 2008

mr. pizza factory

THIS PLACE HAS THE BEST PIZZA. its in k-town and omg they put anything on your pizza and yet it taste soo good. its kinda expensive, but i think its worth it. also their bread sticks are a killer (=

Mr Pizza Factory is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Mr Pizza La Menu, Mr. Pizza Factory Menu, Mr Pizza Factory Los Angeles, Mr Pizza Factory, Mr Pizza, Mr Pizza Factory Menu, and Mr Pizza Los Angeles Menu.

Loves Mr Pizza Factory (1)

Cxi0fk-p8r4ktmeje4bmuj