Murphy's Tap Room

603-644-3535

494 Elm St ( )

Manchester, NH 03101

Description: Murphy's Tap Room is a Pub Food, Sandwiches, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Pub Food, Sandwiches, Burgers, British, Takeout, Downtown Manchester, Irish, Delivery, American, and Good for groups
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Murphy's Tap Room

Reviews for Murphy's Tap Room

Murphy's Tap Room

3.0
-1 0

Disappointed in the food and more...

I decided to try this Irish Pub located in Manchester for TAKE OUT and share it with a friend of mine, because its been a very long time since I had Bangers and Mash. Last time I had Bangers and Mash was when I was in Ireland. I also wanted to try another entree, an appetizer, and dessert. I walked in at the door, and saw the server standing by the podium and looked right at her and smiled and said hi. I was never acknowledged till I said something after 5 minus of being what seemed ignored. VERY BAD. After I told the waitress that I was there for a take out, I was told to wait by the bar it would take a few more minutes. I walked over and stood by the bar area and I watched others come in and this was a Saturday afternoon, 6:00 pm, and it was not packed, and even other incoming patrons took a few minutes to seat them. Bar is a full service bar and the atmosphere is of Irish decor and ambiance. Hard to get a parking spot too, so be careful.

Stuffed Portabella Mushroom

This dish is an appetizer they offer consisting of (1) Portabella mushroom cap layered with roasted zucchini, summer squash, and sweet red peppers, topped with herbed cheese and baked til soft. Served on spring greens and accented with balsamic reduction. The flavor was very good, and it was only ONE portabella mushroom cap. I honestly think placing it in lettuce with a baslamic Vinagarette reduction wasn’t needed. Price was a little expensive as well for what you received. If I would have received 2 of them, then it would be well worth the price of it.

Irish Shepherd's Pie

This was their version of Irish Shepherd’s Pie consisting of Seasoned ground beef and lamb layered with potatoes, corn, carrots and onions in a lightly seasoned gravy topped with mashed, dolloped with butter and baked ‘til piping hot. First, there was very little meat. Second, plate had no butter on top. Third, meat was dry, no moisture, so I going to believe this was left uncovered in a pan and microwaved. I have made better Irish Shepherd’s Pie that you would “DIE” for compared to this. The portion size wasn’t that much either. Total weight of the food was 9-10 oz. The potatoes had no flavor. Recommend NOT to get this dish.

Bangers and Mash

This was what I originally wanted to get. Their version of Bangers and Mash. This dish consists of Mild pork sausage, lightly grilled and served atop traditional gold Irish champ with onions and peppers to accent. 1st, Gold Irish Champ? It was Red Bliss potatoes. 2nd. No peppers or onions at all. 3rd, two small pieces of sausage, cut in half to make it look like a lot. I will admit, the banger had the true flavor of its name. Bangers are made with Irish Stolz Beer or Guinness beer. This was a good banger. But definately not enough to justify $8.99 a plate. Pretty take home plates though!

Irish Creme Mousse Cake

This was the dessert which consisted of Chocolate cake layered with Bailey’s Cream mousse and finished with white and dark chocolate shavings. I would have been TRUELY upset if this cake was a dive. However, this saved face and was excellent and lived up to the taste and flavor of the Bailey’s Irish Creme. Only flaw, piece should have been bigger! I get a bigger piece of cake for $2.99 at Hannafords, Stop & Shop, Demoulas’ Marketbasket, or any other place serving cake.