937-298-8611

2323 W Schantz Ave ( )

Dayton, OH 45409

Description: Neil's Heritage House is a American, Banquet Hall, and Small plates restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Cocktails, Marriott, Dayton, Kettering, Dave Greer, Wine Served, Craft Beer, Banquet Hall, and FALSE!
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Neil's Heritage House

Pros

• "No pros"
Cons
  • "Food tasteless"
Comments
  • "None"

Reviews for Neil's Heritage House

Best restaurant in Dayton FABULOUS DELCIOUS must try

A group of us went to the pine club tonight. We were told the wait was going to be over an hour. I suggest we go to the New Neil’s. Everyone agreed so I called Neil’s and asked if they could accommodate a party of 8. They said no problem and we were on our way.
Believe it or not they had already set up a table as Soon as we arrived.

The host took us to the table and immediately we had water and fresh French bread. Soon after our waitress arrived and informed us about the specials. She then took our drink orders. After she delivered our several craft draft beers and many other cocktails…. Yes we drink a lot. She then took our orders. Since we were headed to the Pine Club we all ordered meat dishes. I ordered the beef Wellington and everyone else ordered the New York strip and the filet. As a group we ordered several appetizers to share. We selected the baked Brie, calamari, and the mushrooms pirouttes.
The baked Brie was the best absolutely to fantastic. It was wrapped with a homemade flaky pastry dough with sweet charred pear slice a top. The calamari was flash fried served with squid ink sauce with a hint of soy and ginger. Again, this was out of this world. Finally, the mushrooms were filled with bread crumbs and herbs as well as blue cheese and lightly sautéed in olive oil. Very unique, very tasty and excellent.
My wellington was just what I expected. It was cooked perfectly. As for the seven others there steaks were better than the pine club or the Oakwood club. What was especially great we’re the sides that the steaks came with. White cheddar mashed potatoes and Brussels sprout pedals. OMG, these sides make those old stewed tomatoes and soggy wilted vegetables at the pine club and Oakwood give new meaning to side dishes. They were fresh and delicious.

We all decided not to have dessert. Although, all the desserts served at Neil’s all are from Ashley’s in Oakwood and are especially made for Neil’s. I wish I had room but there is always next time.
Overall, I strongly would reccommend Neil’s to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

Filet

absolutely perfect. Better than the pine club or Oakwood club. Better than any steak within 100 miles. Cooked perfectly. I want another one right now.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Organic????

So Neil’s Heritage House has been bragging up their organic garden which caused me to ask them the question " How do you have an organic garden? It takes years to get certified’ instead of answering the question they just deleted it and want to continue to mislead what few customers they have on what they are eating. Homegrown is NOT necessarily organic and you better get that right when you are selling to the public. Growers can state that their produce is naturally grown, pesticide free,chemical free, all-natural, etc., but cannot legally use the term “organic” unless they are certified." STOP CALLING IT ORGANIC!