New City View Diner

1831 Macarthur Rd
Whitehall, PA 18052-5716

Cuisine: Diner, American

New City View Diner is a Diner and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"The most friendly waitstaff anywhere. No matter what problems they may have, they are always great to the customer . "
Cons
"Never had any. We eat there at least once a week."
Comments
"The waitress remembers what you always drinks. Not a long wait for food. "
RJones photo

RJones

Hellertown, PA
New City View Diner 3.0

It’s a diner, what do you expect?

Everything is fine at City View Diner. The main draw of the place for me is that it’s open 24 hours, I always appreciate that. The food is a little bit better than I’ve come to expect at a diner, I recommend it for anyone in the area looking for a meal at 2 AM.

Grilled Cheese

I was pleasantly suppressed at the lack of grease coating my sandwich. It was buttered, but just enough to taste the flavor without overwhelming the entire item in greasy-buttery-coating that is typical to diners.

Cheese Fries

Good cheese fries with plenty of cheddar smothering all the fries, recommended. Nothing really special about them, but for what they are they are very good.

German Chocolate Cake

Surprisingly good chocolate ganache coating layers of unremarkable cake and coconut/nut frosting.

CompoundTech photo

CompoundTech

Philadelphia, PA
New City View Diner 1.0

Won't ever go back

My brother and I ate dinner there on Saturday, January 16th. We arrived around six, and it wasn’t particularly busy. The service, however, was what you would expect if the place was packed and half of the wait staff had just quit in the middle of their shift. I ordered the Portugal chicken, which consists of chicken breasts and green peppers in a red sauce, served over french fries. I asked that the fries be “extra well done”.

The fries were not well done. They were no darker than my brother’s or the fries I saw delivered at neighboring tables. The waitress vanished before I could say anything. By the time she came back to check on us, I had long since given up waiting and had eaten most of the chicken. When she did come back, I just asked if I could have an order of fries extra well done.

She insisted the mistake was the cook’s fault (I hadn’t asked), and said she’d take care of it. It’s worth mentioning that she did not head towards the kitchen right then, but went to take another table’s order first. Almost fifteen minutes after that, she set a plate of fries down next to my now-cold entree and walked off. They still weren’t remotely well done.

At that point I decided it wasn’t worth pursuing the matter any further. I chalked it up as a loss, settled the bill and left. Next time I’ll go to the Trivet on Tilghman Street.

Portugal chicken

Three pieces of chicken, slightly underdone, with green peppers and “spices” (I think they mean parsley and sugar) in a chunky but thoroughly bland tomato sauce, all served on a bed of sodden french fries.

It looked okay, but what flavor it had wasn’t very good. I’ve never been to Portugal, though, so I can’t attest to the authenticity of the dish.

Diner American Good For Kids

New City View Diner  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/11/2013 - A diner from Chalfont, PA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 05/08/2013 - A diner from Chalfont, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/09/2013 - A diner from Chalfont, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 08/28/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 10/12/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 11/07/2013 - A diner from Bethlehem, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 11/18/2013 - A diner from Nazareth, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/19/2013 - A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/17/2013 - A diner from Media, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 07/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The most friendly waitstaff anywhere. No matter what problems they may have, they are always great to the customer . '
    Cons: 'Never had any. We eat there at least once a week.'
    Comments: 'The waitress remembers what you always drinks. Not a long wait for food. '
  • 12/05/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 03/21/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/11/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/31/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/24/2015 - A diner from Easton, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
New City View Diner is located near the cities of Brentwood, Castle Shannon, Baldwin, Pleasant Hills, and Carrick.
People found this by searching for: City View Dinner Allentown, City View Diner Whitehall Pa Menu, New City View Diner, City Vu Diner, City View Diner Menu, New City View Diner Whitehall Pa, and City View Diner Whitehall Pa.