610-434-4366

1831 Macarthur Rd ( )

Whitehall, PA 18052-5716

Description: New City View Diner is a Diner and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Diner, American, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at New City View Diner

Reviews for New City View Diner

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by RJones

3.0

It’s a diner, what do you expect?

Everything is fine at City View Diner. The main draw of the place for me is that it’s open 24 hours, I always appreciate that. The food is a little bit better than I’ve come to expect at a diner, I recommend it for anyone in the area looking for a meal at 2 AM.

Grilled Cheese

I was pleasantly suppressed at the lack of grease coating my sandwich. It was buttered, but just enough to taste the flavor without overwhelming the entire item in greasy-buttery-coating that is typical to diners.

Cheese Fries

Good cheese fries with plenty of cheddar smothering all the fries, recommended. Nothing really special about them, but for what they are they are very good.

German Chocolate Cake

Surprisingly good chocolate ganache coating layers of unremarkable cake and coconut/nut frosting.

Won't ever go back

My brother and I ate dinner there on Saturday, January 16th. We arrived around six, and it wasn’t particularly busy. The service, however, was what you would expect if the place was packed and half of the wait staff had just quit in the middle of their shift. I ordered the Portugal chicken, which consists of chicken breasts and green peppers in a red sauce, served over french fries. I asked that the fries be “extra well done”.

The fries were not well done. They were no darker than my brother’s or the fries I saw delivered at neighboring tables. The waitress vanished before I could say anything. By the time she came back to check on us, I had long since given up waiting and had eaten most of the chicken. When she did come back, I just asked if I could have an order of fries extra well done.

She insisted the mistake was the cook’s fault (I hadn’t asked), and said she’d take care of it. It’s worth mentioning that she did not head towards the kitchen right then, but went to take another table’s order first. Almost fifteen minutes after that, she set a plate of fries down next to my now-cold entree and walked off. They still weren’t remotely well done.

At that point I decided it wasn’t worth pursuing the matter any further. I chalked it up as a loss, settled the bill and left. Next time I’ll go to the Trivet on Tilghman Street.

Portugal chicken

Three pieces of chicken, slightly underdone, with green peppers and “spices” (I think they mean parsley and sugar) in a chunky but thoroughly bland tomato sauce, all served on a bed of sodden french fries.

It looked okay, but what flavor it had wasn’t very good. I’ve never been to Portugal, though, so I can’t attest to the authenticity of the dish.

February 28, 2010

like the name says

This place has been around forever serving good breakfast. The crowd has changed but that's due to being next to an ever expanding mall. Beautiful view of the city though.

January 4, 2010

24-hour access to almost nothing

City view has gone down over the years. It used to be a great place to get a bite with family, with friends post-bar, or even alone during a busy day of errands. There are few 24-hour restaurants in the Whitehall area, and CV seems to bank…

New City View Diner is located near the cities of Brentwood, Castle Shannon, Baldwin, Pleasant Hills, and Carrick.
People found this by searching for: City Vu Diner, City View Diner Whitehall Pa, City View Diner Whitehall Pa Menu, New City View Diner Whitehall Pa, City Veiw Restaurant In Whitehall, New City View Diner Prices, New City View Diner, Pa City View Diner, and City View Diner Menu.

P. D. Shooters at Ramada Inn
Five Guys Burgers & Fries
Olive Garden
Cold Stone
Pita Pit

Link to New City View Diner

New City View Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  77%  Food:  80%  Service:  80%  Ambiance:  80%
Pros
  •  "The most friendly waitstaff anywhere. No matter what problems they may have, they are always great to the customer . "
Cons
  •  "Never had any. We eat there at least once a week."
Comments
  •  "The waitress remembers what you always drinks. Not a long wait for food. "