Nita's Restaurant

860-423-0062

28 North Street ( )

Willimantic, CT 06226

Description: Nita's Restaurant is a Polish, Deli, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Polish, Deli, European, Coffee, Downtown, Lunch specials, Kielbasa, Pierogis, Pancakes, and Waffles
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Nita's Restaurant

Pros

• "Amazing Polish crepes"
Cons
  • "Seriously solid place. So happy I found it!"
Comments
  • "GO THERE"

Reviews for Nita's Restaurant

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by robroy8
Nita's Restaurant

Hidden in downtown Willimantic - Great Breakfast & Lunch

Nita’s Restaurant is the classic “Hole in the Wall with Great Food”. Hidden away in downtown Willimantic. It is open for breakfast and lunch only. We went on a Saturday morning. No WiFi, so I played Bejeweled on my Nook Tablet while waiting in line for about a half-hour. We got a very attentive waitress as soon as we were seated, and quickly got our coffee, and placed our orders.

The menu featured fancy omelettes, waffles, and stuffed crepes. I chose the Potato Pancakes. They were made the way I like them; very light and delicate. Liz got the Eggs Benedict with home fries. Generous portions and delicious. For dessert we went halves on very large Apple Turnover, which was homemade that morning.

Review 2: We skipped breakfast and took our appetites to Nita’s to enjoy their “Pierogi-Friday” lunch specials. We each got the “Polish Sampler”. It had two large potato pierogis topped with fried onions, and a kielbasa with a large mound of Bigos (Polish hunters stew w/ cabbage, mushrooms, diced meats). I matched a bite of sausage with each fork-full of Bigos; absolutely delicious.

A giant potato pancake filled a second plate. I was happy with the toppings provided (sour cream & apple sauce) so I skipped the maple syrup. For dessert we split an Apple Crisp. Portions were generous, and service was A+, waitresses came around every 3-4 minutes to refresh your coffee. We look forward to our next time, there are so many things on the menu we want to try.

June 30, 2009

Great

This place was the best polish resteraunt I have ever went to. The perogies were amazing. Staff great. And the owner and her kids are great. Tom is such a sweetheart and nita is such a nice lady. Very dedicated. Love hearing her storiesā€¦

November 1, 2008

Wonderful Restaurant

Nita's is a great place to go for breakfast and lunch. They always have something new on the menu and have a wonderful selection of ethnic foods. Their potato pancakes are the best! Great service, friendly atmosphere.... one of my favoriteā€¦

Nita's Restaurant is located near the cities of Windham, South Windham, and North Windham.
People found this by searching for: Nita's Willimantic Menu, Nita's Restaurant Willimantic Menu, Nita's Willimantic, Nita's Willimantic Ct Menu, Nita's Restaurant Willimantic Ct, Nita's Restaurant Menu, Nita's, Willimantic, Ct, Nita's Breakfast Menu Wmtc Ct, and Nina's Restaurant Willimantic.

Tacos La Rosa