Nita's Restaurant

4.8 rating over 1 review
28 North Street
Willimantic, CT 06226

Cuisine: Polish, Deli, European

Nita's Restaurant is a Polish, Deli, and European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Amazing Polish crepes"
Cons
"Seriously solid place. So happy I found it!"
Comments
"GO THERE"
robroy8 photo

robroy8

Coventry, CT
Nita's Restaurant 5.0

Hidden in downtown Willimantic - Great Breakfast & Lunch

Nita’s Restaurant is the classic “Hole in the Wall with Great Food”. Hidden away in downtown Willimantic. It is open for breakfast and lunch only. We went on a Saturday morning. No WiFi, so I played Bejeweled on my Nook Tablet while waiting in line for about a half-hour. We got a very attentive waitress as soon as we were seated, and quickly got our coffee, and placed our orders.

The menu featured fancy omelettes, waffles, and stuffed crepes. I chose the Potato Pancakes. They were made the way I like them; very light and delicate. Liz got the Eggs Benedict with home fries. Generous portions and delicious. For dessert we went halves on very large Apple Turnover, which was homemade that morning.

Review 2: We skipped breakfast and took our appetites to Nita’s to enjoy their “Pierogi-Friday” lunch specials. We each got the “Polish Sampler”. It had two large potato pierogis topped with fried onions, and a kielbasa with a large mound of Bigos (Polish hunters stew w/ cabbage, mushrooms, diced meats). I matched a bite of sausage with each fork-full of Bigos; absolutely delicious.

A giant potato pancake filled a second plate. I was happy with the toppings provided (sour cream & apple sauce) so I skipped the maple syrup. For dessert we split an Apple Crisp. Portions were generous, and service was A+, waitresses came around every 3-4 minutes to refresh your coffee. We look forward to our next time, there are so many things on the menu we want to try.

Polish Deli European

Nita's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/22/2013 - A diner from Springfield, MA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/04/2014 - A diner from Ardsley, NY tried it.
  • 04/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Amazing Polish crepes'
    Cons: 'Seriously solid place. So happy I found it!'
    Comments: 'GO THERE'
  • 02/22/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/02/2015 - A diner from Willimantic, CT tried it.
Nita's Restaurant is located near the cities of Windham, South Windham, and North Windham.
People found this by searching for: Nita's Willimantic Ct Menu, Nita's Willimantic, Nitas Qillimantic Menu, Nita's Restaurant Willimantic Menu, Nita S Restaurant Willimantic Ct, Nita's Restaurant Menu, Nita's Willimantic Menu, Nita's Restaurant Willimantic Ct, and Nita's Restaurant In Willimantic Ct.