Call 141 S Main St
Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Cuisine: Brewery, Burgers, Beer

North Country Brewing Company is a Brewery, Burgers, and Beer restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Long waits, food ok, but not really for the price"
"This was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had. The food was excellent, and the ambiance even better. What a hidden gem!"
Cons
"Slow service. Pulled pork not good. Plough mans platter ok but pricey"
"Always packed, of course!"
Comments
"Best outdoor dining atmosphere, period. The menu is so well rounded that it took me forever to choose."
Susan40 photo

Susan40

Butler, PA
North Country Brewing Company 1.0

Not What We Expected!

My husband and I rarely get a night out and knew when we walked into the unique atmosphere of the North Counrty Brewing Co. that we were in for a treat! SO not true, unfortunately. We were told it would be a 10-15 minute wait…which was just fine by us. Until a half hour later the hostess yelled to us, “Would you mind sitting outside on the patio?” We actually did want to sit on the patio, but it was way to chilly outside to comfortably enjoy a dinner, so I politely told her it was probably a little chilly. She gave us the most angry look she could muster and said, “well, it’s just the two of you, right?” After a few minutes, I went up to the front of the restaurant and politely asked her if it was going to be another 15 min. to half hour, to which she replied quite angrily, “well, if you can wait a minute, I can seat you there if you can wait until I clean it off!” It was a tiny little table for two overlooking the entrance and bar. There is no way our food would have fit that table and no way we could have had an intimate conversation. I looked enviously at all the other seating arrangements. She then said, “WHAT? You don’t want to sit there?” As we were walking to the table, I politely asked the gentleman if we could have a different table, and apologized for being asking, to which SO kindly replied, “of course, just wait right there!” Soon we were sitting in a very comfortable booth. I had the uncanny feeling, the young lady would have liked to sit more people there than two.

I have to say, the food was very good, although the hummus was quite non-authentic. It was not creamy at all, but thick and a dark orange color. The spicy crab pasta was not spicy at all, but still VERY good. The beer was excellent and the wine good as well. The hostess, left a very sour taste in our mouth and stomped around the place with her big feet as if she was angry at the world. Later in the evening, she tried her hardest to sweep a rug right next to our booth as if she were taking out all her aggression on it and also trying to sweep all the dirt into our food!

We will come back, because there are not many other places to eat around here, but I hope our next visit will be on a day when that particular hostess is not working. She really ruined the evening for us.

ONEHOTGECKO photo

ONEHOTGECKO

Prospect, PA

AWESOME

This is one of my favorite places. Great beer, great people, great service and great food. I love the garlic burger and the ‘somethings a rye beer’

RowAn0ak photo

RowAn0ak

Pittsburgh, PA
North Country Brewing Company 4.0

you can practically expect a gnome to pop out somewhere.

you can practically expect a gnome to pop out somewhere.

April 5, 2011

Must Visit Restaurant!

So much to say! Amazing atmosphere, great beers (and I don't even like beer that much) and excellent food. Also, the staff is always very friendly. This place is so unique in so many ways. If you're in Slippery Rock, you must stop and…
North Country Brewing Company 1.0
August 13, 2010

Dining Critic

To start with the place is extremely undersized for a restaurant trying to project a comfortable family atmosphere. There is absolutely no parking, which made it extremely difficult for me to safely take my children to dinner (we had to…
October 11, 2009

Cool Place

Cant beat this places atmosphere and the beers are on Par with Victory Brewing Co. An interesting historical house from the 1800s, the first floor is like a small Irish cottage. Food is awesome, brews are about $2.75. Try the IPA

Brewery Burgers Beer

North Country Brewing Company  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/29/2013 - A diner from Youngstown, OH tried it and didn't like it.
  • 06/13/2013 - A diner from Grove City, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 09/07/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'This was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had. The food was excellent, and the ambiance even better. What a hidden gem!'
    Cons: 'Always packed, of course!'
    Comments: 'Best outdoor dining atmosphere, period. The menu is so well rounded that it took me forever to choose.'
  • 02/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 3 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Long waits, food ok, but not really for the price'
    Cons: 'Slow service. Pulled pork not good. Plough mans platter ok but pricey'
North Country Brewing Company is located near the cities of Forestville.
People found this by searching for: The Brewery Slippery Rock Pa, The Brewery Slippery Rock, Slippery Rock Brewery, North Country Brewing Company, North Country Brewery, North Country Brewery Slippery Rock, and North Country Brewing Company Hours.