Call 2610 N Cannon Dr
Chicago, IL 60614
Neighborhoods: Lincoln Park

Cuisine: American, Organic, Private Parties

North Pond is a American, Organic, and Private Parties restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

schap photo

schap

Chicago, IL
North Pond 3.0

Great ambiance, food less great

Requested a table by the window and couldn’t have been happier with the table, decor, ambiance.

This restaurant seems to be very conservation-minded, with a lot of locally grown produce, sustainable foods, even the booze seemed predominantly organic.

Heavy on bacon and pork flavoring, so not super vegetarian-friendly. I did have an asparagus soup with a lemony goat chesse souffle and the over-all effect was bland. For my entree a fish I had never heard of, berramunde(?) served with the skin on and I really disliked it. The fish was pedestrian at best. My husband enjoyed everything he ordered(could still taste the bacon long after we left), so maybe I didn’t order right.

I loved this space and like the idea of it, but wouldn’t return to eat. I would, however go to the bar to enjoy the spectacular view and thoughtfully stocked bar.

asparagus soup

Not bad, but could have made it at home

veryvegan photo

veryvegan

Champaign, IL
North Pond 2.0

embarrassingly bad

Trying to find a nice place to plan an event, I invited a friend along to try North Pond.
First, I was told upon arrival that my reservation was “cancelled”, in spite of making it a week ago. “No problem tho”, I was told. The restaurant wasn’t the least bit busy – plenty of open tables.
Nice table right by the pond and an open door. From there it all went downhill. Drink order forgotten. Requests for bread forgotten (“it’s coming! it’s coming!” --- on a slow boat apparently.) Service was slow & we sat and waited in between courses even tho the “hostess/manager”, whoever she was with the red hair, was flitting around the room chattering loudly and letting everyone know what she does “when the weather is $h!tty” – no kidding! I was mortally embarrassed in front of my guest who no doubt was thinking “Ugly American!”.
The “entree” looked like an appetizer on the immense plate! OMG! 4 tiny slices of chicken with a few token vegetable pieces is supposed to suffice for lunch??? At this price I would expect (a) better service, (b) better food.
No thx we’re planning the event elsewhere. I just felt like I got “soaked” at the Pond! Not a rec from us!!

Chicken, Polenta

4 tiny 3 inch diameter slices of chicken on a huge plate with a few token vegetables and a little hunk of polenta represented an “Entree” at lunch. Huh???? I was confused – it looked like an appetizer but I couldn’t recall ordering one like this.
Taste was average. Nothing to write home about.

Stone Fruit dessert

OK, 4 raspberries, two little marshmallows, two bites of separate ice cream flavors and a couple cubes of something resembling cake the size of croutons is dessert? It was really quite tasteless and not at all satisfying, which pretty much sums up the whole meal at North Pond. Big disappointment. Sad. We had expected so much more.

=(

North Pond 1.0
December 30, 2010

North Pond

I took my mother to North Pond for a post holiday dinner. When I called, I asked to be seated in the dining room with the fireplace. The room is nice and warm, and you can look out on the pond. There were two tables available, a two top…
North Pond 4.0
May 29, 2010

Delicious but forgettable

We had the 5-course tasting. Lots of things were delicious, but I can't remember what any of it was. (Ok, the entree was lamb, and I can visualize it, but can't remember what it tasted like.) And I felt rather hungry when I left.\r \r The…
North Pond 3.0
September 15, 2009

Amazing Food HORRIBLE Hostess!!

So my family and I have gone to North Pond more than a few times, it's one of our celebration restaurants. Everything had been great up until maybe a year ago or so. My wife, mother and Wife's mother went there for a relatively early…

American Lincoln Park OpenTable
Tips
  • Sherman's five-course tasting menu is a great special-occasion meal; sample a full range of the organic-inspired fare for $79, with the option for wine pairings for an additional $40.
  • Nestled into the park, you have to walk along a path to reach the restaurant.
  • Valet parking costs $8 and is offered during dinner and Sunday brunch. Bring your car to Lakeview and Deming on the west side of the park to partake.
Sun 11:00AM - 02:00PM
Sun 05:30PM - 10:00PM
Tue-Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM (Jun-Sep)
Tue-Fri 05:30PM - 10:00PM (Oct-May)

From OpenTable:

Located within Lincoln Park, at the edge of a pond overlooking Chicago's dramatic skyline, North Pond can easily claim the city's loveliest setting. Inspired by the market, Chef Bruce Sherman utilizes exceptional ingredients at the height of their season. His cuisine reflects the Arts & Crafts decor of the dining room - complex layers of subtle craft beneath a simple decorative style.

Owner? Claim The Menu

MaryAnnPayne

Indianapolis, IN

asloane

North Pond  Restaurant Reviews

North Pond is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: North Pond Reviews Chicago Cost Of Meal, North Pond Restaurant, North Pond Restaurant Vegetarian Chicago, North Pond Restaurant Lincoln Park, Yelp North Pond Chicago, Yelp North Pind Chicago, and North Pond Brunch Reviews.