North Pond

Neighborhoods: Lincoln Park
Cuisine: American, Organic, Private Parties

North Pond is a American, Organic, and Private Parties restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

schap photo

Chicago, IL

Great ambiance, food less great

Requested a table by the window and couldn’t have been happier with the table, decor, ambiance.

This restaurant seems to be very conservation-minded, with a lot of locally grown produce, sustainable foods, even the booze seemed predominantly organic.

Heavy on bacon and pork flavoring, so not super vegetarian-friendly. I did have an asparagus soup with a lemony goat chesse souffle and the over-all effect was bland. For my entree a fish I had never heard of, berramunde(?) served with the skin on and I really disliked it. The fish was pedestrian at best. My husband enjoyed everything he ordered(could still taste the bacon long after we left), so maybe I didn’t order right.

I loved this space and like the idea of it, but wouldn’t return to eat. I would, however go to the bar to enjoy the spectacular view and thoughtfully stocked bar.

asparagus soup

Not bad, but could have made it at home

veryvegan photo

Champaign, IL

embarrassingly bad

Trying to find a nice place to plan an event, I invited a friend along to try North Pond.
First, I was told upon arrival that my reservation was “cancelled”, in spite of making it a week ago. “No problem tho”, I was told. The restaurant wasn’t the least bit busy – plenty of open tables.
Nice table right by the pond and an open door. From there it all went downhill. Drink order forgotten. Requests for bread forgotten (“it’s coming! it’s coming!” --- on a slow boat apparently.) Service was slow & we sat and waited in between courses even tho the “hostess/manager”, whoever she was with the red hair, was flitting around the room chattering loudly and letting everyone know what she does “when the weather is $h!tty” – no kidding! I was mortally embarrassed in front of my guest who no doubt was thinking “Ugly American!”.
The “entree” looked like an appetizer on the immense plate! OMG! 4 tiny slices of chicken with a few token vegetable pieces is supposed to suffice for lunch??? At this price I would expect (a) better service, (b) better food.
No thx we’re planning the event elsewhere. I just felt like I got “soaked” at the Pond! Not a rec from us!!

Chicken, Polenta

4 tiny 3 inch diameter slices of chicken on a huge plate with a few token vegetables and a little hunk of polenta represented an “Entree” at lunch. Huh???? I was confused – it looked like an appetizer but I couldn’t recall ordering one like this.
Taste was average. Nothing to write home about.

Stone Fruit dessert

OK, 4 raspberries, two little marshmallows, two bites of separate ice cream flavors and a couple cubes of something resembling cake the size of croutons is dessert? It was really quite tasteless and not at all satisfying, which pretty much sums up the whole meal at North Pond. Big disappointment. Sad. We had expected so much more.

American Lincoln Park OpenTable
Sun 11:00AM - 02:00PM
Sun 05:30PM - 10:00PM
Tue-Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM (Jun-Sep)
Tue-Fri 05:30PM - 10:00PM (Oct-May)

San Francisco, CA

Evanston, IL

Indianapolis, IN

North Pond  Restaurant Reviews

North Pond is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: North Pond Reviews Chicago Cost Of Meal, North Pond Restaurant, Yelp North Pond Chicago, North Pond Restaurant Lincoln Park, Yelp North Pind Chicago, North Pond Restaurant Vegetarian Chicago, and North Pond Brunch Reviews.