Call 81 Broadway
Greenlawn, NY 11740

Cuisine: Steakhouse, American, Steak

Old Fields Restaurant is a Steakhouse, American, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and paid more than $50.

Overall
Chocoholic11 photo

Chocoholic11

Manhattan, NY
Old Fields Restaurant 5.0

Excellent...

I really liked the atmosphere and friendly staff. When you walk in there is a really lovely Blonde woman who is so smiley and happy and I loved the rustic feel and earthy quality. (in response to a previous response) I thought the music choice was great being that I listen to everything it was nice to be able to have some good spirited music on. I think it is a great place for a date and it still holds to being romantic. I think an ambience like that is needed to break ice on a date and it has romantic charm with the dim lighting. I do not mind the TV’s at all. I think they put them in a section where you dont have to see them if you dont want to or you can. They are pleasing all types of people and ages by the setting. The food was so excellent I had a burger which was sooo juicy and delightful and the appetizers were really tasty. The menu was really great and I had a hard time picking something. And not to mention it is affordable. So great food at a great price in a really nice atmosphere I think anyone who goes here will be very happy. I know I was. I was very glad someone told me about it because I would have never known it was there. I like golden finds!

Mahitable photo

Mahitable

Centerport, NY
Old Fields Restaurant 4.0

Oldfields Inn

It’s very likely that the other person reviewing the restaurant formerly known as “Oldfields Inn” (now just called “Oldfields”) was there during the restaurant’s start-up phase. I happened to eat there recently, and I was pleasantly surprised by the place. I’ve lived in the Huntington area for quite a while, and was very familiar with the menu and reputation of the prior incarnation of Oldfields. True, the new place only has one real steak on the menu (as opposed to the varied and delicious steaks the Oldfields Inn was always known for), but gee whiz, give them a chance. I was glad to see they kept the dark wood booths and fireplace. I think they might benefit from giving some thought to keeping the two parts of the restaurant a bit different – i.e., the area with the fireplace should be for quiet dining (a nice room for a date, or for older couples), and the other room could be for people who want to watch tv and get a bit loud. I for one do not like this new trend of having a tv in every corner of a restaurant while I’m eating. NOT EVERYONE wants to watch sports while having dinner out. I think they need to decide WHAT kind of place they want to be. I think it has a lot of potential, though, as the steak we had was delicious, the mashed potatoes were from scratch (you don’t see THAT very often anymore) and the spinach and artichoke dip was great. Anyone thinking of eating dinner there, DO NOT be put off by the prior review – give the place a chance. I for one intend to go back.

vfma1985 photo

vfma1985

Northport, NY
Old Fields Restaurant 1.0

B e w a r e / U n d e r - N e w - o w n e r s h i p

T E R R I B L E !!! New owners ruined the place. The atmosphere is all gone, along with the great service & " DELMONICO STEAKS" & charm. It was replaced with EXTREMELY LOUD rock & roll, as in Led Zeppelin, & The who, loud ( couldnt have a conversation, not that I don’t like that music, I love it, but there is a time & place for it, NOT AT A ROMANTIC DINNER BY THE FIREPLACE at what used to be a high end, top notch, fine dining facility. Save your money, don’t go you will be very dissapointed. Lame pub style menu, pub style music, & attitude. The name has not changed, but EVERYTHING else your used to from the past has. S H A M E on them for being able to keep the name from 1956, including a long tradition & destroy it’s reputation. Both Thumbs down !!!! This will be posted EVERYWHERE I possibly can, so people know it’s NOT the “OLDOLD FIELDS INN we all knew NOT EVEN CLOSE !!! P.S you can only ride the coat tails of greatness for so long,

1/2 CHICKEN

Old Fields Restaurant 1
March 19, 2015

Just visited this restaurant for the first time. Went on St. Patrick's Day for corn beef & cabbage. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We ate in the bar area by the fireplace. Our party of four all gave it a thumbs up. …

Steakhouse Delivery American

Old Fields Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/04/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 09/20/2013 - A diner from Northport, NY tried it.
  • 09/25/2013 - A diner from Huntington Station, NY tried it and liked it.
  • 11/05/2013 - A diner from West Babylon, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/01/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 03/29/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/16/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 06/08/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 06/14/2014 - A diner from Miami, FL tried it.
  • 08/13/2014 - A diner from Jersey City, NJ tried it.
  • 08/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/22/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 09/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 09/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 09/25/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/28/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/10/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 01/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/17/2015 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it and liked it.
  • 02/22/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 03/07/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 03/15/2015 - A diner from Franklin, MA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/01/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/12/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/29/2015 - A diner from Jersey City, NJ tried it and liked it.
Old Fields Restaurant is located near the cities of Centerport, Elwood, East Northport, Halesite, and Northport.
People found this by searching for: Old Fields Inn Greenlawn, Old Fields Greenlawn, Oldfield Inn Greenlawn, Old Field Inn Greenlawn, Oldfield Inn, Oldfield Inn Greenlawn Ny, Old Field Inn Greenlawn Ny, Old Fields Steak House Greenlawn Long Island, and Old Fields Restaurant Greenlawn.