Olive or Twist

140 6th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-3306

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Late Night, American, Traditional

Olive or Twist is a Late Night, American, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

nancyw photo

nancyw

Crestline, CA
Olive or Twist 5.0

A great find near Heinz Hall and PNC Park! Just GO.

Needed to catch up with friends/family and ended up in this little place on 6th, and WOW! What a great find. Guess I should keep my mouth shut so it doesn’t get crowded. Had calamari seriously as good as I’ve had right out of the water at Monterey, with this killer asian sauce. Had a great salad with seared tuna in another really good sauce… i need the recipe. I’m going back as soon as I fly into town. This place is a couple doors down from Heinz Hall and I could see the Byham Theatre two doors down the other way, so I bet it’s busy with after-theatre people late. I picked it because I could park in a safe garage really close. The server was nice and she understood I was just ‘nursing’ the big martini and didn’t seem to mind we wouldn’t have a huge tab. It’s sort of dark, but I guess they need that to see all the candles everywhere. Wish I had this near where i lived; really enjoyed it here.

Calamari

super-light batter on buttery-tasting calamari (yup, just squid), on top of a very flavorful Asian sauce, served up in a giant bowl, just right for two. So filling I couldn’t make much headway into my Seared Ahi Salad (which was still quite tasty for breakfast!). I WILL BE BACK.

JeremyValentine photo

JeremyValentine

Pittsburgh, PA
Olive or Twist 3.0

great bar atmosphere, good for mid week meals, great for ...

great bar atmosphere, good for mid week meals, great for parties. the chefs are great.

Olive or Twist 4.0
July 8, 2011

Suprised I loved it!

I had to go to a business social event at Olive or Twist and I was not looking forward to it. I don't hang out downtown very much and after reading some of the reviews about the bartenders I planned on leaving early.\r \r To my suprise,…
Olive or Twist 5.0
July 2, 2011

Good food, nice atmosphere; more than just Martinis.

We went in just to sit and get something cold, thinking about hitting one of the other restaurants on the block for the main meal AND WE ENDED UP STAYING FOR HOURS. I loved that they had big salads; I got the Chicken Ceasar salad…

$20 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $10

Buy Now 50% off
Image-5836378-10867460
Late Night American PNC
Tips
  • With its sleek design, barely there lighting and sound-absorbing brick walls, Olive or Twist is perfect for a date.
  • The menu is served until 10:30pm weekdays and 11pm weekends; after that, the place is strictly a bar.

From CityGrid:

Olive or Twist is Pittsburgh's premier martini bar & is adjacent to Heinz Hall, the Renaissance Hotel, and a short walk across the Clemente Bridge from PNC Park. Olive or Twist and the Lounge Upstairs @ Olive or Twist are located at the heart of Pittsburgh's Cultural District. Olive or Twist has been recently honored as "Best Place to Buy a Martini" - Pittsburgh's City Paper & "Voted Best Martinis" - www.BarSmart.com. Olive or Twist is the spot for Happy Hour, which runs from 4-6pm Mon thru Fri. Our Happy Hours Includes: $1.00 off all draft beer & $2 off specialty martinis, Chardonnay or Pinot Noir $4.00/glass, & food specials along with a full dining menu. Olive or Twist always has something fun during the week such as: Wine Down Mondays - $4 glass specialty wine selection, Tiny tini Tuesdays - 3 Martini flights, Mojito Wednesdays - $5, & Smirnoff Thursdays - $5 cocktails.

• Happy Hour 4-6pm Mon-Fri
  • Pittsburgh Martini, Bar Lounge
  • Full Dining Menu Available

Olive or Twist  Restaurant Reviews

Olive or Twist is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Oliver Twist Pittsburgh, Olive Or Twist Menu, Oliver Twist Pittsburgh Menu, Olive Or Twist Pittsburgh Menu, Olive Or Twist Pittsburgh, Palazzo Restaurant Pittsburgh, and Menu And Prices For Olive Or Twist Downtown Pittsburgh.