724-444-7499

6052 Old Route 8 ( )

Bakerstown, PA 15007

View Hours
Description: Olives & Peppers is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Italian, Eat In, Takeout, Delivery, and BYOB
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Olives & Peppers

Reviews for Olives & Peppers

Olives & Peppers

FABulous homemade food; expect to wait in evenings!

Like any great non-chain place that prepares food from scratch, people WANT it, and they come. This place needs to expand its size! The food is fabulous. Just don’t show up at 7pm on a Friday or Saturday night and expect to be seated in 15 minutes. It won’t happen. Meet friends and plan to chat for a bit.

Perciatelli, pizza, bruschetta

I shared food with hubby and bother and his family. The Perciatellii was an amazing pasta, like spaghetti but hollow in the middle giving it a substantial chewy texture. The bolognese sauce was very MEATY and delicious. Salads were typical, but good. Pizza crust is perfect, crispy and chewy and a light sauce that is not oversaturated with sugars, etc. We shared bruschetta which was really quite good also; garlicky.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I have found the greatest little gem just north of Pittsburgh in Bakerstown, right on rt. 8. This is the cutest little family owned Italian restaurant with the best pizza I have ever eaten!

It is Italian cuisine, lots of pizza and pasta. Everything on the menu is awesome. Their flatbreads are like nothing I have ever tasted. It is REAL Italian food. They have the best sauce and pizza I have ever tasted. Their lobster ravioli is to die for. This is my new favorite restaurant.
The prices are incredible for the food. It is like eating at a five star restaurant and the prices are soooo reasonable. Plus, it is BYOB!!!!
The owners are very personable and sit and talk to everyone. It is definitely a great experience and absolutely worth trying.

Large Pizza

OMG!!! Best pizza I have ever eaten. By far the best dough ever. The sauce is excellent, not too sweet, not too acidy just perfect! Excellent cheese and lots of toppings. I can’t get enough of the crust, though. Seriously good pizza.

Delicious

The food is great and the staff is nice…..it is a small Italian eatery and very busy, but the wait is worth the food. Fave of friends is the lasagna and humongous in size, I too like it but I try something different every time and so far have not been disappointed. yum yum yum. We have a glass of wine and chit chat as we wait so the time is filled with fun. The only complaint is that last visit we gave our name and we said we are stepping outside, they said okay, well when our name was called a rude lady took our place saying that so it was not the restaurant/pizza fault and they were so sorry they bought us a glass of wine each. This is our girls get together place and I get a dinner to go for the hubby. As I said it is a small place, limited seating but it is yummy.

lasagna

delicious huge slice topped with wonderful sauce and salad with bread…..enough leftover for two snacks.

Olives & Peppers

Think twice before you decide.

They have become arrogant over the years and their success has gone to their heads. Servers are rude and pompous and their hours are misleading. It says they are open until 8pm but if you show up at 7:15 they will turn you away saying they took last seating at 7. Guess what, you lost many customers permanently for your poor communication. Btw, you are in Gibsonia with a small location, uncomfortable seating, poor hvac… Might want to spend some money on your guests comfort ability and lower your prices. The Carlton more reasonable prices than you do.

Great Place!!!!

This place is outstanding. It is the best kept secret in Bakerstown/Gisonia area. If you haven’t tried it yet your missing the boat. You can really see the “homemade and personal touch” that is put into the food. The portion sizes are great!

Large Pizza

The pizza was fantastic. They really know how to make a great crust and their pizza sauce has a fantastic flavor. Kudoo’s

best italian around!

I love love love this restaurant! I’ve heard sooo many good things about Olives and Peppers that I thought it wouldn’t be able to live up to my expectations. I was wrong, Olives and Peppers is by far the best Italian restaurant in Pittsburgh!
I’ve been there many times now and it has been one pleasant expeirence after another. There can be a little bit of a wait, but it’s worth it. My advice would be if your looking to get a Calzone or Pizza and can’t wait the time it takes to prepare, get it to go. They run daily specials and the Veal is to die for!
Everything was wonderful, the food and service was unbeatable.

Veal Marsala

You could definetly tell it was quality Veal, cooked to perfection. Marsala sauce was delish! Generous portion, came with a side of pasta and salad. Can’t wait to try some of their Speciality Pasta.

4.0

Pretty Good

This is a new restaurant in Gibsonia and while I would not say it is the best or that it is the cheapest I think that it is very good. The flatbreads are really just pizza but, they are pretty tastey so I would probably get those again, perhaps as dinner and not as an appitizer though. My husband had the mushroom raviolli and it was very yummy. The large calzones are huge so either share or plan on taking at least 1/2 home. The speciality pizzas with ricotta do not have much flavor but i think i would definitly go back for a regular pizza without ricotta.

The bad thing about the restaurant is that they are slow-they must not have enough pizza ovens to keep up with the pace of the business, they get a lot of phone orders. I found that no one came to check on us unless we hunted them down. The restaurant itself is very small and if you get one of the tables I sat in you have a hard time getting to your seat because the tables are tight. It was warm in the restaurant as well.

I would try it again and hopefully they will work out the kinks as they are open longer. We ordered to go tonight, 40 minutes for to go! Looks like its a good night to eat in!

Flatbreat Appitizer

Very good

Olives & Peppers

This Place is AMAZING!!!!!

This place has the best food I’ve ever eaten! It’s the real deal when it comes to Italian cuisine. I could rattle off menu items and tell you how good they are but you can’t go wrong here, anything you choose will be a hit. The portions are incredible you are guaranteed left overs for lunch the next day. The pizza is the absolute BEST I’ve ever had. We pass at least 5 other pizza places just to eat at Olives and Peppers. It is definitely worth it. Oh and I saved the best for last – the prices are so cheap you’ll feel guilty.

The place is family owned and they are the nicest people you will meet. The place is small only about 6 tables so you’ll probably have to wait but believe me its worth it.

-1 1

Disappointed-Not what we expected

I had heard many good things about this place but was sadly disappointed by our waitress and the owner. My party consisted of only two, myself and my mother. We arrived at 4:50 pm, gave our name and were told there would be about a 15-25 minute wait which was reasonable for a Friday night. Since this was our first time there we looked over the menu as we waited for a table. By doing this we could give the waitress our order as soon as we were seated. After being shown to our table the waitress took our order and soft drink selections. We received our drinks and chatted as we waited for our food. While waiting we chatted and watched as others were seated. Twenty minutes had pass, my water glass was empty as was my mothers raspberry tea yet no waitress asking or offering a refill. More time passes and three of the four tables seated after us have received their meals. The time we have been waiting is now 35 minutes. Our waitress brings bread and refills drinks at the table beside us, who was seated after us, yet does not offer refills. After 40 minutes we decided to leave. I went to an area where I think you pay, but how would I know since we did not get our meals to pay for, and asked how much the drinks were as we were leaving and that I would like to speak to the manager or owner. The owner identified herself. I explained how dissappointed we were after hearing wonderful things about this place but it shouldn’t take more than 40 minutes to make an 8" Italian hoagie and a small calzone. We told her how disappointed we were with the service provided by the waitress. The manger said she was sorry and that our meals were covered. OK, but did she bother to see if the order was ever turned in, done, mixed up with another or some other problem?? No, she didn’t.

This place is small so it may becoming overwhelmed. My advice is DINER BEWARE!!! I wish I could post this with no stars but it won’t post without them, thus the 1 star rating.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Olives & Peppers is located near the cities of Richland Twp, Gibsonia, Bairdford, and Valencia.
People found this by searching for: Olives And Peppers Bakerstown Pa, Olives And Peppers, Olive And Peppers Gibsonia Pa, Richland Restaurant On Route 8, Onions And Peppers Richland Pa, Olives And Peppers Restaurant, Olives And Peppers Bakerstown, and Olives And Peppers Gibsonia.

Link to Olives & Peppers

Olives & Peppers  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  92%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Food is awesome!"
  •  "Good food"
  •  "Authentic Italian"
Cons
  •  "None"
  •  "Very small seating area always a wait."