O'Mara's Restaurant

248-399-6750

2555 12 Mile Rd ( )

Berkley, MI 48072-1625

Neighborhoods: Downtown Berkley

Description: O'Mara's Restaurant is a Irish, Steak, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Irish, Steak, Seafood, English, American, Bumby cake, Egg Rolls, Shepherds Pie, MI, and Berkley
  • 1 dish entered by diners at O'Mara's Restaurant

Reviews for O'Mara's Restaurant

• 1 review
  • First reviewed by Kelly61
O'Mara's Restaurant

4.0

Set Your Irish Eyes on O'Mara's

My mom and I live 25 minutes from Berkley, MI where O’Mara’s is located at the corner of 12 mile and … well it is bit west of Woodward. I travel on 12 mile quite a bit and have always wanted to try the food at O’Mara’s as I passed by it.

The parking was ample. Mom wanted to eat early so we arrived at 5pm on a Saturday evening. The dining room was quaint and clean but at 5pm there were only about ten diners in the place. We were greeted at the door and shown to a table top…no booths in this place. I know that we arrived early but I always feel cheated when I see a stage for musicians but never get to hear the music unless I am there 10 at night. The music starts 9:30pm at O’Mara’s.

We started our meal with a glass of wine and an appetizer. I had the house cabernet and mom had the Lombroso. Wines were served in a nice wine glass. Wines tasted fine. We ordered the Pork Egg Roll appetizer. It was very tasty but we were surprised there were only 3 egg rolls. There was a lot of pork with corn wrapped in a crunchy, chewy, yummy shell.

For the main meal I ordered the Shepherd’s Pie and mom ordered the Macadamia Chicken salad. My mixed review for the pie is listed below. Mom loved her salad. There was a lot of chicken on top of mom’s salad and the dressing was light and delicious.

For dessert we had coffee (fresh and hot) along with a bumby cake for me and bailey’s cream cheesecake for mom. The desserts are made right there at O’Mara’s and you can tell in that they are fresh and well proportioned.

Our waitress was MIA often but when she did show up she was a joy to have around.

Overall, I’d say it was a wonderful meal/evening at O’Mara’s

Shepherds Pie

I was expecting this meal to be served in a bowl but it was served as a thick slice of pie. The actual pie was very good with lots of potatoes and ground meat. What ruined the pie for me was the salty brown gravey that was poured all over it. I love gravey but this was very salty. On top of the gravey was frozen peas…cooked, but obviously they were of the frozen variety.

O'Mara's Restaurant is located near the cities of Huntington Woods, Lathrup Village, Royal Oak, Beverly Hills, and Southfield.
People found this by searching for: O'mara's Restaurant, Omaras Restaurant, O'mara Restaurant, O'mara S Restaurant, O'mara's Restaurant Berkley Mi, O'mara's Berkley, Mi Menu, Omaras Berkley, O'maras Restaurant Berkley Michigan, and O Maras Menu.

Link to O'Mara's Restaurant