309-342-6868

441 Mulberry St ( )

Galesburg, IL 61401

Description: Packinghouse Dining Company is a Steakhouse, Steak, and Chicken restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Steakhouse, Steak, Chicken, Cinnamon rolls, Salads, American, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Packinghouse Dining Company

Reviews for Packinghouse Dining Company

Packinghouse Dining Company

Excellent atmosphere, food and service

Being the first party to enter the restaurant for the evening, we were quickly seated and enjoyed attentive service. Everything came as ordered. The salad and bread bar is fantastic, with a few bread selections that I have not seen before at any other restaurants. We had a great time talking about the obvious history of the exposed elements leftover from the previous role the building played, such as the hanging grates, hook racks, freight elevator and the walk-in freezer door used for the main entrance. The Packinghouse comfortably celebrates its origins without interrupting your meal.

The only drawback is that I could have used a slightly larger seat, but it did not stop me from having a great time!

Cajun Fried Catfish

The size, flavor and temperature of this dish were superb. Like most entrees at the Packinghouse, it comes with the salad and bread bar and a side (the sweet potato was perfect as well). The signature Packinghouse cinnamon rolls reminded me of warm rugelachs thickly coated in cinnamon sugar, and I definitely had more than my share.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Casual Dining with a touch of Elegant Charm

Restaurant is housed in a actual authentic turn-of-the-century meat packing plant which was constructed by Swift & Company. Located in downtown Galesburg in the old commercial district now known as South Seminary Street; a collection of boutiques, restaurants, a Pub, and a bakery.
Famous for the Midwest’s best prime rib,
fresh baked cinnamon rolls, deluxe salad
bar, free dinner on your birthday, serving
lunch and dinner daily

Filet Mignon

Excellent cut of meat prepared to a perfect medium. Produce wagon full of fresh vegatables, salads and a variety of breads. CINNAMON ROLLS!!!

Tops In Our Experience

We took our son and his mother for a Father’s Day dinner. It was an excellent dinner from beginning to end. Two of us had Filet Mignon that was absolutely the best. My son had rare prime rib which was cooked to perfection and very tender. My husband had the rib eye which was also cooked to perfection and tender. Salads were delicious. It was an absolutely delightful meal and we will be returning tomorrow night with friends. The service was very good. Thank you to Kevin Cerar and staff!

prime rib

Cooked to perfection (rare) which is difficult to do. Excellent.

rib eye steak

Cooked to perfection and tender

Filet Mignon

Once again, cooked to perfection and very tender, lots of flavor.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Packinghouse Dining Company

A Steakhouse that was at one time a meat packinghouse.

The Packinghouse Dining Company was an authentic meat packinghouse at one time. Needless the say, the atmosphere is great. The food was very good. I can’t wait to get back to try the steaks. A co[worked had a steak and I could see it was cooked a perfect medium. They have a warning that the management is not responsible for steaks cooked well done. To me, that’s a sign of greatness.
I had the chicken because I didn’t want to run over on my expenses for the day. Next time I’ll skip breakfast :-)

Broiled Chicken and Broccoli

The chicken was broiled perfectly. The broccoli was steamed just right. I’m sure it wasn’t as good because I was looking at a steak across the table :-) On it’s own, the chicken was great!

People found this by searching for: The Packing House Galesburg Il, Packing House Galesburg Il Menu, Packinghouse Galesburg Il, Galesburg Il Restaurants, Packing House Restaurant Galesburg Il, Packing House Galesburg Il, Packinghouse Galesburg, and Packing House Galesburg.

C & R's Smokehouse BBQ
City Limits Steakhouse
Q's Cafe
Rail City Bar & Restaurant
Sandburg Cafe

Link to Packinghouse Dining Company

Packinghouse Dining Company  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Great food, friendly, great service"
  •  "The food was Amazing! "