Papa's Subs & Pizza

Cuisine: Deli, Pizza, Sandwiches

"Outstanding calzones and. Subs "
"Food is perfect!"

This is the first time in years that I’ve been so baffled by the lack of basic customer service skills, that I felt compelled to write a review to warn others. I’ll try to be objective:

• Placed order, paid with credit card
• Expected wait for delivery: 45 minutes to 1 hour.

• No food has been delivered.
• Called to ask where food is – response: driver is on the way

• No food has been delivered.
• Called to cancel. Put on hold. Waited 5 minutes, then hung up.

• No food has been delivered.
• Called to cancel – response: but the driver just left 10 minutes ago.

• Driver arrives with lukewarm food
• Driver had no idea that I had already called to cancel

Since it takes 10 minutes to get to my house from the restaurant [if you take the long way], it’s clear that our food was never on the way at 7:44pm when I called the first time. I completely understand that the pizza business is booming with orders on a Friday night – people are tired after a long week and don’t want to cook. Had my food arrived before 8, I wouldn’t have been thrilled, but I wouldn’t be annoyed or even close to angry. Since it didn’t arrive when I was told it would, and I don’t like being deceived – I’m annoyed and angry!

Customer service is about understanding what the customer needs / wants from you, knowing what you can handle as a business, communication, integrity, and setting expectations.

If you have more orders coming in than you can service, you should politely apologize and stop accepting new orders. Honesty is appreciated.

When the order reached the hour mark without even leaving the building, I should have received a call from Papa’s Subs & Pizza saying that they are sorry, but due to the high volume of orders, they are running behind and I could expect to wait another # of minutes before my food arrives. Don’t inconvenience customers further by forcing them to call you to find out what’s going on. Get in front of the problem.

When you have a customer that you’ve already serviced poorly, or not at all – do not put them on hold for 5 minutes. Apologize, and find out what you can do to make it right. When an order is cancelled, call your driver – they should not find this out from the customer.

If my expectations had been set, I might’ve had a snack and been fine to wait for my real dinner. I might be a little disappointed, but my appreciation for honesty [even when the news isn’t great], would keep me from writing a negative review. Instead, I refuse to give this business any of my hard-earned money, and will encourage others to avoid an experience like this. Hopefully, not all of my time will be wasted tonight, and someone from Papa’s Subs & Pizza will learn at least one thing about customer service!

XL Pepperoni Pizza

aktransplant photo

Holly Springs, NC

Good food. Questionable business tactics.

The pizza is pretty good for the area, but the only sizes they have are large, extra large and extra-extra large. In other words, when you order a large, you are really getting a small without knowing it. I would have stopped ordering from them the first time they tricked me, but it is a bit better than anything else I’ve tried in the area. If I find anything better, I will stop ordering from them just out of principle.

Deli Pizza Sandwiches

Papa's Subs & Pizza  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/29/2013 - A diner from Holly Springs, NC tried it and liked it.
  • 12/17/2013 - A diner from Apex, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Food is perfect!'
  • 10/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/14/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/01/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
People found this by searching for: Papas Pizza Holly Springs Nc, Papas Pizza Holly Springs, Papa's Subs And Pizza Holly Springs, Poppas Pizza Holly Springs, Papas 27540, Papas Sub And Pizza Hollowsprings, Papa's Pizza Holly Springs Nc, and Papa's Pizza Holly Springs.