Parkside 23

2300 Pilgrim Square Dr
Brookfield, WI 53005

Cuisine: Lunch, Vegetarian, Contemporary

Parkside 23 is a Lunch, Vegetarian, and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Parkside 23 5.0

Delicious!

There are so many wonderful items to choose from it was hard to select. I ended up having the butternut squash soup and the caprese flatbread. The server was very attentive and it always amazes me how they can take orders without writing anything down. I will definitely have to go back to try more items that appealed to me.

Butternut squash soup

The butternut squash soup was absolutely delicious. it was the perfect consistency with the right sweetness and it had candies apples on top – just the right touch.

Caprese Flatbread

Caprese Flatbread – fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil pesto and balsamic reduction drizzle. This was wonderful! thin crust flatbread with the perfect amount of toppings. The balsamic drizzle was the best part.

LeAnnJ photo

LeAnnJ

Parkside 23 5.0

Heavenly Deliciousness!

I have been looking forward to trying this restaurant ever since they opened and needless to say Parkside 23 did not disappoint and probably exceeded my expectations! I love freshly made food! I love that they grow their own and use local suppliers as much as possible! Originally I had planned to take a group there in mid-August when their garden would hopefully be at it’s peak. We had to postpone until early September but it was worth the extra wait. We had a table out on the patio and the weather was just perfect! Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating and patient with us to say the least. I found a new beer that I’m totally in love with – Moose Drool from a brewer in Montana – WOW! For dinner I shared the beet salad with a fellow diner and decided on the short ribs with carmelized onion cracked pepper mash, honey glazed carrots and diane sauce. So good! The beef was so tender and just melted in your mouth and the carrots were exquisite. I really think I’ve found my new favorite restaurant in the Milwaukee area. I will definitely return! The only “downer” about this restaurant though is their website. Very poorly done.

Roasted Beet Salad at Parkside 23

Roasted Beet Salad

Scarlet and gold beets with Wisconsin goat cheese, maple-glazed walnuts, and apple-cider vinaigrette. Fresh garden beets – is there anything better than that? So sweet and tender. The dressing was delicious and the goat cheese and walnuts were the perfect accents. I believe this was also served on a bed of arugula. Should have ordered one of these to go for lunch the next day! Yum!

Braised Short Rib at Parkside 23

Braised Short Rib

with carmelized onion cracked pepper mash, honey glazed carrots and diane sauce. as indicated in my main restaurant review this was an outstanding dish. the beef was so flavorful and tender! pure heaven. I wish the potatoes would have had just a bit more of a kick to them (maybe some garlic?), but the carrots were just divine – so tender and sweet. wow.

eryngo photo

eryngo

Parkside 23 4.0

Wonderful place... can't wait for summer!

This place opened in November so it hasn’t seen a summer yet, but it’s going to be great! The live blues they have (Tuesdays, 7pm-10pm) will make this the perfect place to stop by and wind down. The wine list is extremely limited but the beer list makes up for it; and the service was outstanding. Cody was very knowledgeable about all the menu items and his recommendations were spot on… the scallops were the best I’ve had in a long time! And to really try his patience, our group of seven had asked him a multitude of questions (about the spring planting party, WRA certificates, whether the scallops are diver caught, etc) and he remembered every single one of them and had an answer for us all by the end of the night. And at 6’3", he’s easy to pick out of a crowd, should we have needed to catch his attention for anything (which we didn’t).

Sometimes a restaurant will go through some hiccups when they first start out… there are kinks in the service or food or preparation or presentation that eventually get worked out. But I did not notice any of that at Parkside 23… they were right on the money straight out of the gate!

Homemade Russet and Sweet Potato Chips at Parkside 23

Homemade Russet and Sweet Potato Chips

Crispy, sweet and salty… this light little snack is sure to please! We didn’t quite finish them by the time our entrees came and when we were all done with our meal, sure enough… they’re so addictive that we all started reaching for them again (even though we were stuffed to the gills)!

Halibut with Risotto and Lobster Newburg at Parkside 23

Halibut with Risotto and Lobster Newburg

This nightly special was excellent! Light and flaky halibut, rich and subtle sauce, and (I know this sounds odd, but) the tomatoes were incredible… they must have picked them from the super-flavor patch. The only small complaint I have is that the risotto was a trifle overdone, close to being mushy.

OldTosanb photo

OldTosanb

Wauwatosa, WI
Parkside 23 2.0

An Interesting Approach

A Friday evening, 7:30 p.m. Plenty of open tables, but the patio was full. Interesting fare, but undoubtedly the worst service I have ever seen! Starting with the obligatory glass of water, which when consumed, was never replaced. Followed by our ordered beverages, which arrived after our entrees, consumed and never replaced. When I asked for a refill, the waitstaff disappeared without checking my partner’s glass and never asked if she wanted a refill. Come on, guys, ice tea? This wasn’t Brut champagne we were drinking.

Our entrees were good but WAY too heavy on onions-everything reeked of onions My advice to you all-bring a bottle of water and keep it tucked away under the table. Oh, and you won’t see us there again!

Fresh Lunch Takeout

Parkside 23  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/06/2013 - A diner from Cedarburg, WI tried it.
  • 09/04/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.
  • 11/22/2013 - A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/28/2014 - A diner from Franklin, MA tried it.
  • 03/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/17/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 02/13/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Parkside 23 is located near the cities of Elm Grove.
People found this by searching for: Parkside 23 Brookfield Menu, 23 Parkside, Parkside 23, Parkside 23 Restaurant Brookfield Wi, Parkside 23 Brookfield, Parkside 23 Menu, Parkside 23 Brookfield Wi, Parkside 23 Restaurant Brookfield Wi Menu, and Parkside 23 Bad Review.