Pecos Pit BBQ

2260 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134-1408

Neighborhoods: SoDo
Cuisine: Barbecue, Lunch, Breakfast

Pecos Pit BBQ is a Barbecue, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go.

Pros
"Best BBQ sauce around. Pepper based, not sugar! Excellent slow cooked meats. "
Cons
"Not much seating available. "
Comments
"Great people!"
QB
PriyaPuri photo

PriyaPuri

Seattle, WA
Pecos Pit BBQ 4.0

Pecos's is open Monday-Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm. They've g...

Pecos’s is open Monday-Friday 11:00am – 3:00pm. They’ve got two basic things on the menu : A pulled beef sandwich, and a pulled pork sandwich. Other than that there’s a couple of sides that you can purchase.

The sandwiches come mild, medium, or hot…I’d like to think I can handle my own when it comes to spice, but I cry a little every time I have the medium. None the less sandwiches are awesome, the only seating is out doors, and yet even in the dead of winter the line is around the corner.

The service is always really friendly despite the rush, and always speedy. This is definitely one of my favorite places for a good bbq sandwiches.

Legoit photo

Legoit

Renton, WA
Pecos Pit BBQ 5.0

Awesome

I have been going to Paco’s Pit for over twenty yeas now. There is always a line, but it’s always a short wait. I remember when they didn’t have the 8 sandwiches per person limit. That was the time when the line was long and slow, but still worth it. Paco’s Pit is the best BBQ I have found but I don’t like to call it BBQ because it’s better than BBQ.

DakotaClark photo

DakotaClark

Lake Stevens, WA
Pecos Pit BBQ 5.0

Smoke Ring Kings

I have had the training, and have served as one of the BBQ judges in the Pacific Northwest.

I prefer not to put sauce on my BBQ, because it hides the flavor – good or bad.

I always order “Sliced Beast – Dry” and that refers to brisket. That means my sandwich arrives stuffed with sliced brisket – plain, no sauce.

It is a plentiful portion.

A sandwich, Sliced Beast - DRY

Pecos Pit BBQ “sliced Brisket – dry” allows me to see the product without it being hidden or masked by sauce.
The first thing I look for is the smoke ring.
I always look at the smoke ring to see how it penetrated the brisket.
The next thing is to take a piece of the sliced brisket and gently pull it apart. It usually pulls apart quite easily, inferring tenderness.
The next thing I do is take a small bite, and taste the flavor, and confirm the tenderness.
I have been gointg to Pecos Pit BBQ since 1997. In all cases, the appearance of the brisket, the tenderness, and the flavor has been top quality.
For those of you who like to use sauce, ask them to put a dab on the side.
The whole point about good Q is being able to see it, feel it and taste it.

Barbecue Dinner Lunch
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 04:00PM

Pecos Pit BBQ  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/07/2013 - A diner from Renton, WA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/03/2013 - A diner from Saint Paul, MN tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Best BBQ sauce around. Pepper based, not sugar! Excellent slow cooked meats. '
    Cons: 'Not much seating available. '
    Comments: 'Great people!'
  • 07/09/2013 - A diner from Vancouver, WA tried it and rated it 5 stars.
  • 01/17/2014 - A diner from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/08/2015 - A diner from Seattle, WA tried it.
Pecos Pit BBQ is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Pecos Pit Bbq Seattle Menu, Pecos Pit Menu, Pecos Bbq Seattle Menu, Pecos Pit, Bbq Restaurants By Safeco, Pecos Pit Seattle, Pecos Pit Bbq Seattle, Pecos Pit Bbq Menu, and Pecos Pit Seattle Menu.