Pete's Sunset Grille

Cuisine: American, Californian, Mexican

Pete's Sunset Grille is a American, Californian, and Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

fattiusthebear photo

Berkeley, CA

live music at a beach setting

The long name of this place is Pete Mallory’s Surf City Sunset Grille. My friends and I heard about this place and decided to head here because it has live blues music. And any restaurant with live music is good in our books. For the record, I believe they only have live music Fridays and Saturdays.

Their menu is very long, and probably half ads. It is a fairly expensive restaurant, since it is near the beach, has live music, and located in a hotel courtyard. For such a long menu, their food selection is not extensive at all, although the dishes they do offer do sound pretty tasty. But then we learned of a BBQ buffet, and we were intrigued. Once of my friends decided to get it, we all fell to the allure of unlimited barbequed meats.

The buffet offered potato salad, macaroni salad, green salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, various breads, coleslaw, beef brisket, smoked sausage, pork ribs, chicken, a variety of cakes, and starbucks coffee. The macaroni salad wasn’t overly mayonaisse-y, so it was refreshing to eat in between the high meat consumption. If you like super oily corn, then this corn on the cob is for you. The baked beans were sweet and complemented the meats well. The beef brisket was sometimes a bit fatty, but there is nothing wrong with that. The meat was kind of tough, yet still had enough tenderness to make it good. The chicken was definitely the weak link there. It was dry, tasteless, chewy and I hated it. I felt the pork ribs were the best thing there. While the top meat was sometimes a bit too crispy and burned for me, once you got to the real meat of it, it was tender and not too chewy. The meat generally came right off the bone, yet was not so overcooked that it just fell right off by picking a rib up. I probably ended up eating a whole rack of this. I found all the deserts to be quite satisfying too. They had cheesecake, peach cobbler, apple pie, chocolate mousse, and cookies.

Pete’s a nice, relaxing restaurant to eat at. It’s always great to sit back, listen to some good music, while sipping coffee and hoarding meat. It’s not a cheap restaurant though, so be ready to spend some money. I feel the high prices and OK food cancel out the nice atmosphere with live music.

BBQ Buffet

Some dishes were definite misses, while others were satisfactory. In the end, though, I felt the food didn’t really stand out. I’ve had much better BBQ food. I did like some of the sides and desserts, but that’s not going to push the meal to a higher level, if the main stuff isn’t cutting it.

American Seal Beach OpenTable

Pete's Sunset Grille  Restaurant Reviews

Pete's Sunset Grille is located near the cities of Huntington and North Coast.
People found this by searching for: Petes Sunset Grille Menu, Pete Sunset Grill, Pete Mallory's Surf City Sunset Grille Menu, Pete's Sunset Grille Huntington Beach, Menu Pete's Sunset Grill, Pete's Sunset Grille Menu, and Pete's Sunset Grill Menu.