Call 7437 Gravois Ave
St Louis, MO 63123

Cuisine: BBQ, Barbecue

Phil's Bar-B-Q is a BBQ and Barbecue restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"The Texas caviar bean dip blew me away! The BBQ chicken sandwich was really good I recommend this place "
"Nice people and very generous with extra sauces! Always kind and accommodating to my now five year old. "
"A St. Louis must!"
"This restaurant is kind of hit and miss. Sometimes the ribs are fall off the bone delicious... Other times they have very little flavor and the meat is very tough. But when they are good they are absolutely to die for. If you happen to hit a bad day try i"
Comments
"Great barbecue!"
vandenplas photo

vandenplas

Grantwood Village, MO
Phil's Bar-B-Q 4.0

Real smoked BBQ at Phil's

Even though there has been some confusion about the location of Phil’s BBQ , Phil’s is really quite easy to find. Simply start anywhere east of the 7000 block of Gravois, head west and go until the sweet smell of hickory smoke fills your nostrils and your mouth starts to water. You will be at 9295 Gravois – home of Phil’s Bar-B-Que

Look to the right and you will see the, probably 50 year old, Phil’s BBQ sign and what looks like a tiny eating place tucked into an asphalt parking lot. You will also see smoke coming out of the wood fired grill and a bunch of cars.

Phil’s is a standard in St. Louis. It has been around longer than I can remember – and believe me, that’s a long time – and for decades it has delivered one thing – Great barbecue. There is nothing fancy about it. The building is much larger than it appears, but not that larger by restaurant standards. The red and white checkered table cloths are probably the same ones we used 20 years ago, but they are exactly what you want to see in great barbecue place.

This restaurant represents the cliche’ “BBQ joint” and fulfills all that you would expect.

The barbecue is first rate as evidenced by its long tenure, and the cole slaw and fries are perfect.

You don’t need to get dressed up because you may need a bib once you dive into Phil’s menu.

Don’t expect to spend too much and feel free to take the kids. Carryout is excellent, too. The ONLY drawbacks are: no one behind the counter is checking calories so watch yourself, and there isn’t a lot for veg heads like me. Even so, I did eat meat once, and most of my friends still do, so I go occasionally and dive into a plate of slaw and fries. It’s worth the trip.

BBB Pork Steak

What can we say. This is St. Louis! My friends were all licking their lips … and their fingers.

Phil's Bar-B-Q 4.0
Phil's Bar-B-Q 1
March 8, 2015

Best bar b que bar none. restaurant not fancy. Looks the same as it did in the 1970's. Lived out west since leaving STL, have never found a decent replacement to JACK n PHIL'S, now PHIL'S.
Phil's Bar-B-Q 5.0
February 20, 2012

LOVE THE BBQ!!!

Our family has been eating at Phil's for years and we love their BBQ. The ribs and porksteaks are always great and the sauce is our favorite. Not at all deserving of such negative reviews.
Phil's Bar-B-Q 1.0
January 23, 2012

Will NEVER go back.

I live nearby and decided to try Phil's for luch one day. The food is nasty. Both my Pulled pork sandwich and my boyfriend's combo plate of briscuit and ribs were hardly edible. Sauce is gross, meat was tough. Not good BBQ by any…

BBQ Barbecue

Phil's Bar-B-Q  Restaurant Reviews

Phil's Bar-B-Q is located near the cities of Saint Louis, St Louis, East St Louis, East St Louis, and Fairmont City.
People found this by searching for: Phil's Bbq St Louis, Phil's Bbq St. Louis Mo, Phil's Bbq Stl, Phil's Barbecue St Louis, Phil's Bbq St. Louis, Phil's Bbq St. Louis Menu, Best Bbq In St Louis, and Phil'S Bbq St Louis Mo.