530-926-2402

1200 S Mount Shasta Blvd ( )

Mount Shasta, CA 96067-2757

Description: Piemont Restaurant is a Italian, Breakfast, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Italian, Dinner, Breakfast, Kid's Menu, Parking, Good For Kids, Grill, American, Cafe, and European
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Piemont Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at Piemont Restaurant

Reviews for Piemont Restaurant

4.0

Old Fashioned and Filling

We loved the Piemont! The waitress and other staff were friendly and welcoming. We weren’t sure about which pasta to order, and as my husband has food sensitivities, the waitress brought out a sample plate of all the sauces for him to “try before you buy”. With Italian food, it’s all about the sauce.
We found the family style soup bowl generous for two (more than enough for a bowl and a half each) and very tasty. It was most certainly homemade and fresh.
The salad plate was a throwback to the 50s, like the decor of this place. I think that Bucca De Beppo came here first for inspiration. The plate featured lettuce, olives, two green onions, etc. Granted, it was iceberg lettuce, but it was quaint.
The pasta was hot, fresh, and tasty. We actually couldn’t choose between three variations and they provided bowls of each for us to put on spaghetti. Yummy!
We really enjoyed our evening at Piemont and the nostalgic trip back to the supper club era it evoked.

Spaghetti

Add/Show Comments (1)

Rip off at the Piemont

Warning for all looking for Italian food in Mt Shasta California. My husband, daughter and I stopped in Mt Shasta for dinner on our way home from Oregon the weekend after Thanksgiving. We came across the Piemont Italian restaurant, looked like a nice place. We were seated quickly, which was great since we had a very hungry 18 mo. Old with us. The owner even brought her some crackers to hold her over. We ordered a plate of noodles with butter for the baby, which came out just in time to keep her happy. I ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce and my husband ordered the ravioli with alfredo. Now all the meals include soup, salad, relish plate, ice cream, and coffee. This is where it began to go downhill. The soup comes out in one bowl (Family Style), enough for a ladle each with a little left over. Soup wasn’t bad…wasn’t great…but wasn’t bad. Then came the salad and relish plate. Salad HA HA HA if you consider a small oval plate with shredded lettuce, two sliced of pickled beets, cold green beans, a couple thin slices of white onions, and oil & vinegar a salad for two. But we ate it. We were hungry; we had been on the road for a couple of hours. On to the main course…the ravioli was horrible! Way over cooked. It was basically alfredo mush. As for the spaghetti, I have never had spaghetti that tasted like clove (kind of like a Christmas Ham!). Let me be the first to tell you its not good. I took one bite and decided that this was just not going to work. The waitress comes over to see if we would like our ice cream, and some boxes. I let her know the food was horrible and that we were not happy. To which she replies, “oh I sorry, let me see what I can do, and make sure you let the owner know”. She brings me the check and tells me “I only charged you for the soup and salad”. I thanked her and went to the register. I tell the owner about our experience in her restaurant. I explain the mushy raviolis, to which she responds “humm he must have over cooked them”. And the meat sauce tastes like cloves. No comment. I sign my credit card slip and walk out to the car where my husband is waiting to go get something edible to eat. I started thinking that $30.00 seemed like an awful lot for two soups and salads. I went back in and asked the owner to please explain how two soups and salads cost so much money. She says, “ you were better of with what you had, here let me show you.” She pulls out a menu and tells me that they charged us just for the soups and salads that we ate. Soup and Bread $6.75, and salad $5.50. Now this is per person! Our original meal the Spaghetti was $10 something and the Raviolis were $12 something. So they charged us $11 dollars for a sorry excuse for a salad that we shared and $13.50 for a bowl of soup that we shared! She was very rude and made no apologies that the food was bad. I told her that word of mouth is the best advertising, to which she responded we have plenty. Well yes now she does. Maybe she needs to consider that its not just the regulars they need to cater to but the travelers as well.

Spaghetti w/meat sauce

Tasted like cloves

3.0

Piemont is going down hill

My wife and I have dined at the Piemont several times a year for over 15 years. The food was always great with very generous portions. Tonight was a disappointment to us both. They have removed their signature fillet mignon from the menu so I ordered a rib eye med. rare. It was tough and cooked to medium/medium well. The french fries were not as usual. They were chewy like maybe revived from yesterdays leftovers. The soup and salad were OK and seemed to be the same as of old. I found out that the owner had sold or transferred ownership to her son. I feel that they have lowered their standards for their meat and don’t have their heart in the operation like the 3 or 4 generations that preceded the current management. I hope they wake up and improve. We have always loved to dine there.

Rib Eye

Tough and over done.

Piemont Restaurant

Best family restaurant in the north state

This is a continuously-owned family restaurant of the best quality. I moved to Mount Shasta in 1955, and The Piemont has remained the best place to get a big, quality meal with friendly service, and fair prices ever since. Piemont is a shortening of the Italian Piemonte, chosen by the family. Try the filet steak. I doubt you can finish it, and I know you will never forget it! Do not forget the included Spamoni ice cream.

filet

Unbelievable

October 1, 2008

Wonderful, Classic Italian Restaurant

We have eaten at the Piemont about half a dozen times over the past 8 months or so. It's our favorite restaurant in the Mt. Shasta area. Prepare yourself for they way Italian restaurants looked in the late '60s. It has a great flair for…

Piemont Restaurant is located near the cities of Mt Shasta.
People found this by searching for: Piemont Restaurant Mt. Shasta, Piedmont Mt Shasta, Piemont Mt Shasta, Piemont Restaurant, Piedmont Res In Mt Shasta, Ca, Piemont Mt Shasta Ca, and Piemonte In Mt.Shasta.

Featured in Mount Shasta

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Piemont Restaurant

Piemont Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  83%  Food:  80%  Service:  80%  Ambiance:  80%
Pros
  •  "Delicious food"
  •  "Fried Chicken & Fries, steaks, homemade ravioli, ice cream"
Cons
  •  "Seats"
Comments
  •  "Enjoy, but remember this is a old school resturant"