610-432-6774

702 Union Blvd ( )

Allentown, PA 18109

View Hours
Description: Pigpen Sports Bar & Grille is a Late Night, Pub, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Dinner, Late Night, Pub, Entertainment, American, Wifi, and Good For Kids

Reviews for Pigpen Sports Bar & Grille

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by RJones

2.0

Come for the entertainment, not the food

I had a really good time at the Pig Pen, but not for the food nor the service. The Pig Pen took over the building that was formerly a bowling ally, they’ve kept about 12 lanes, and is very affordable bowling and no leagues, so anytime they’re open you can come by. The rest of the building has been converted into an arcade room, and a restaurant/bar/club. They have a giant projector screen, behind which you could see a stage for live entertainment. Some nights after 10PM there is a cover charge. Anyway, the place itself is fun, a great place to go to entertain guests or hang out with friends.

We got there for happy hour, which is suppose to be 1/2 price appetizers but only 4 items on the menu counted as the ‘featured appetizers’ subject to the discount. We were a bit off put by this, especially as the place can barely be called a restaurant and they are charging up to $11 for an appetizer.

I came with a party of 8, and the food we had ranged from good to okay to bad. The good dishes were the ribs, salad, and pulled pork pig fries, onion rings. The okay and the bad were the burgers, depending on who you asked. Some complained their burgers were too dry and burnt, others said they were fine. They want to put mango bbq sauce on everything, but they will substitute regular bbq which seemed to be a key in people enjoying the burger – go with the regular. I had the cobb salad as an entree, the ingredients were fresh, the flavors worked well together (they added on chopped mango which was really good.) I liked the amount of dressing on the salad, but I think most people would want to ask for extra.

Service was almost nonexistent. we had a leisurely meal, which we were okay with, but the occasional check up would have been nice. One entree was forgotten upon service, and we had to yell across the restaurant to get our waitress’ attention to come back. Drinks were never refilled which was a problem for several people at the table. I don’t know if service is always like this or we just had bad timing. There were only about 3 or 4 other tables occupied and there were a lot of employees walking around, so I’m not sure what was going on that we couldn’t get any attention.

The restaurant floor is the former bowling ally floor, and it’s sticky. We were advised this by the clerk at the bowling area, to make sure we don’t take the bowling shoes into the restaurant area or we’d be sticking to the floor when we tried to bowl.

They have a full bar, and you are allowed to take drinks anywhere in the facility, it reminded me very much of a Dave and Busters, but kids are welcome here. The arcade games take a mix of tokens, quarters, and game card that is very confusing and should be scouted out before exchanging your money. They have fun group games – billiards, air hockey.

Parking is across the street on the West side of the building.

I’ll definitely be back, but I’ll have dinner somewhere else first.

Pigpen Sports Bar & Grille

once burned, twice learned.

It’s a preppy bar. My recommendation is: Stay away! After only having two drinks, my two friends and myself felt like we drank 2 dozen. Something was definitely slipped into our drinks. We will never go back there again. (Which may have been what the mickey finn was designed to accomplish. A real nightmare! Scarey stuff..

Very thoughtful

Today I found out that my son had visited you establishmet, a few weeks ago he was there the elevator wasn’t working. My son Michael was in a wheelchair and had no way up until 6 of your waiters litterly carried him up, and also carried him back down. I applaud those 6 waiters and your establishment for being so caring and kind to him.
Sincerely
Melody Seip

March 16, 2011

Need2know

Can anyone tell me when the Pig Pen will have the male dancers within the next few weeks? March 18th? through April?

Pigpen Sports Bar & Grille is located near the cities of Fullerton, Lehigh Valley, Hokendauqua, South Whitehall, and Whitehall Twp.
People found this by searching for: Pig Pen In Allentown Pa, Pig Pen Allentown Pa, Pig Pen Sports Bar, The Pig Pen Allentown Pa, Pig Pen Brodheadsville Pa Menu, Pig Pen, The Pigpen Allentown, and Pig Pen In Allentown.

Nino's Restaurant & Pizzera