225-387-9134

3056 Perkins Rd ( )

Baton Rouge, LA 70808

Neighborhoods: Highlands/Perkins

Description: Pinetta's is a European restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: European
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Pinetta's
  • 2 users love Pinetta's

Reviews for Pinetta's

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by iluvfud
Pinetta's

A filthy dirty hole in the wall with bad service!

My fiance and I used to love this restaurant the food used to be good and the ambiance made it an inviting place to dine. It’s really nothing more than a hole in the wall on Perkins Rd. It’s tiny and quaint. We used to like going there. I’m not sure if it’s changed hands recently but this evening’s experience was simply horrendous!!!!! After arriving we were informed of a wait. Our name was put on a list that the hostess carried around with her. Knowing it was going to be a while, we asked if we could order some wine. The hostess said “no, I do not have a bartender.” Looking around I noticed plenty of bottles/glasses on the tables and couldn’t help but wonder who served those in the absence of a bartender. Nonetheless we waited. We were seated by
Ms. Personality after about a 20-30 minute wait. No apologies for our wait. We were simply escorted to a table that she pointed to as she walked off abruptly. She seemed frazzled about something, so there was no evidence of good customer service with this woman. I remember thinking to myself, “Wow…they need to hire a new hostess.” Then we meet our waiter. He was rude and knew absolutely nothing about servicing customers. When my fiance asked for a suggestion on the horrible wine offerings, he responded with “I don’t drink.” Ok, at this point I’m thinking…"well we weren’t exactly ordering for you, but glad we know that. " He then asked if we wanted an appetizer. Not having had time to look at the menu, my fiance asks him what they have. Again instead of making a friendly suggestion he rudely says “they are on the menu.” My fiance looks at the menu and selects the shrimp cocktail. The appetizers arrive and there are 4 very small shrimp in each glass. The waiter then reappears and rudely says…“what do you want to eat?” We both ordered the spaghetti. The waiter brings the bread. My fiance asks if we might get some olive oil for dipping. William then states “no….that’s a very strange request, we don’t do that here.” He proceeds to walk off and roll his eyes. At this point we’ve had enough of his attitude. My fiance goes to get a manager. In the meantime, the waiter brings the spaghetti which we say no we don’t want it we are leaving. Let us see the manager. Come to find out the hostess is the owner. Having already experienced her “no can do” approach to customers, I knew our concerns were falling on deaf ears. She wasn’t going to care and sure enough she didn’t. There was no apology from her. When I explained about our request for the olive oil, she too said it was a strange request and that they are not “Olive Garden.” This was all too obvious because Olive Garden is clean and they have excellent service. This place was filthy…like the other customer stated, some of the decor looked like it hadn’t been dusted in years! Not to mention I used the restroom and the facilites were filthy. There was a ring in the bowl not to mention a used hand towel for drying your hands. It made me wonder if this is what the wait staff uses to dry their hands on too. It seemed very unsanitary.

After voicing our concerns we asked for the check. Knowing we were dissatisfied, instead of bringing us the check and letting us leave, she stated that she needed to seat other customers and we were just going to have to wait. She made us wait a considerable time. When she returned to the table she tried to charge us for the spaghetti which we did not even accept at the table. She wanted $67. The total for the bad wine and the less than acceptable appetizers came to $37. I gave her $40 and asked for my change. I was not about to leave a tip. She then refused to give me change. My fiance tried taking a twenty from her so I could make my own change and she fought with him over the money. She grabbed it away and in the process ripped the bill. Because of her greed she not only lost us as customers but everyone we know as well. I hope the $3 that she stole from us was worth it! I wish I had read the reviews here before going there tonight. I didn’t know that it had gotten so bad. With the owner conducting herself in this manner, it’s no wonder why some of her staff lack customer service skills!! Looking at some of these other comments here, I would make a suggestion to this woman…if your customers complain on line that your decor is dusty….it might be a good idea to dust it. If your customers say they’d rather roll in a pile of fire ants than dine in your establishment….hmmm….you might want to change careers. Just sayin -

Add/Show Comments (1)

2.0

Poor Customer Service

My partner and I have gone to Pinetta’s a few times for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, etc…), and the food has always been excellent. However, the service has always been sub-par. Not only are the waitstaff impersonal, we once heard our waitress explaining “daily specials” and menu items to the table next us when she walked up to our tables, sat two glasses of water in front of us, and walked away without so much as asking our drink preference.
Furthermore, the owner came to us and explained that we couldn’t order the Filet Special with gorgonzola butter on the side because the chef was “particular” and did not do “special” orders—never mind the fact that every other time I had dined at the restaurant, I ordered the butter on the side.
It’s unfortunate that the waitstaff and manager/owner are not customer service oriented because the food is great, but if I had to recommend this place to family or friends, I would do so with reservations or not at all.

Filet Special

4.0

Quaint and Interesting

It is the first restaurant in Baton Rouge that I have had the chance to taste German food at. It wasn’t busy at all and the decor took you back in time to another place. The food was decent for never having a German dish. I would definitely go back to try something else.

3.0
-1 0

Not for vegetarians

Pinetta’s is OK. I can’t say much about it, good or bad. The food is decent, but over priced. The wine is also on the expensive side. The atmosphere is small and cramped, and don’t sit near the air conditioner unless you want to feel like you’re having a picnic in a hurricane.

• A point for vegetarians – I’m told the red sauce has meat in it, which is not a fact they disclose on the menu.

February 5, 2010

Fresh Pasta!

Came to this restaurant for the first time as a surprise for my birthday - I couldn't have asked for more ambiance, better food, or a more wonderful experience. This place is truly a hidden gem in Baton Rouge - I truly felt transported.…

Pinetta's is located near the cities of Capital Heights and Fairwoods.
People found this by searching for: Pinetta's Menu, Pinetta's Baton Rouge Menu, Pinetta's Menu Baton Rouge, Pinetta S Baton Rouge, Pinetta's Baton Rouge, Pinetta's Baton Rouge Hours, Pinetta's, and Pinetta's Restaurant Baton Rouge.

Featured in Baton Rouge

Link to Pinetta's

Pinetta's  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%
Pros
  •  "Fantastic veal parmigiana !!!"
Cons
  •  "None"
Comments
  •  "Love it!"