847-885-7482

1125 N Salem Dr ( )

Schaumburg, IL 60194-1332

Description: Pita & Kabobz is a Afghan, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Online Ordering, Good for groups, Takeout, Afghan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian, Indian, Healthy, and Delivery
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Pita & Kabobz

Reviews for Pita & Kabobz

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by monty76
Pita & Kabobz

The worst experience ever!

1. Bad food.
2. Unhygenic.
3. Poor service.
4. Noisy.
5. Unprofessional.
6. Cheap.
7. Hole in the Wall.

Now the details. My husband and I just got back from a very “awkward” dinner experience we’ve had in our lives. I was boiling with rage all the way home and couldn’t wait to get on Yelp to write a realistic review on these guys.

The food sucked big time. The kebabs were chewy and the falafel sandwich is nothing but a few pieces of veggie kebab and large cut onions. No sauces inside! The mango lassi we ordered had traces of charcoal inside. I took it to the front counter and he said, “Oh, it’s just ice.” I demanded it to be replaced with a new one.

There were literally 7 people on the front counter, half of whom were playing computer games on their laptops! They seemed to be brothers and sisters. It just seemed like a bunch of highschool dropouts have started this restaurant. The whole time they were lallygagging and being very loud when guests were still in the restaurant eating their dinner. They were noisier than anybody else.

It was barely 8 p.m., and my husband and I were the only guests in the restaurant. I couldn’t believe my eyes when their cleaning guy started his chores WHILE WE WERE STILL NOT FINISHED EATING! He started picking up the empy chairs and turning them over the table and cleaning the tables around. Then lo! He pulls out his bucket of water and mop and starts scrubbing the floor, spreading the “lovely” smell of pine cleaner all around the room!

By the way, when I went to get my mango lassi replaced, I took a quick glance inside the kitchen and, trust me! You wouldn’t wanna eat at that place EVER again! It was filthier than the streets outside. I am not even kidding!

The worst? They didn’t even present us a receipt. All of their business is done in cash it seems. They wrote down the price on a 8×11 blank paper and gave it to us! LOL! That was their version of a receipt!

These guys use CHEAP, and I mean cheap silverware, napkins, straws and cups. They’d break if you held them with two hands! LOL! Honest!

And also, considering all this, Pita Kabobz is the priciest hole in the wall I’ve ever seen. A kebab platter was $25 and all we got is 6 pieces of hard cooked crap. My veggie falafel was $5. A five year old could’ve made that at home for less than a dollar. Our bill was for $35 and they blatently added $18 for tax!

The bottom line is, we WOULD NOT recommend anybody at this place, which is a literal hole in the wall! The worst eating experience I’ve EVER had. I would rather go to a roadside food stall than spend my money here. These people are very unprofessional and should close that place down. I know for sure that they’re not gonna last for long.

Good luck!

Kebab Platter

Please see restaurant review.

-1 0

This place is to die for.

Great place to come and eat while i surf the net for free!

chicken kabob

very juicy and tender great taste too

March 13, 2011

Bad, worse, worst! Never going back to this place!

1. Bad food.\r 2. Unhygenic.\r 3. Poor service.\r 4. Noisy.\r 5. Unprofessional.\r 6. Cheap.\r 7. Hole in the Wall.\r \r Now the details. My husband and I just got back from a very "awkward" dinner experience we've had in our lives. I was…

Pita & Kabobz is located near the cities of Hoffman Estates.
People found this by searching for: Pita Kabob Schaumburg, Pita Kabobz, Pita And Kabobz, Pita Kabobz Schaumburg, Pita And Kabobz Schaumburg, Pita And Kabobs Schaumburg, Pita And Kabobz Schaumburg Il, and Pita & Kabobz Schaumburg.

Seasons 52