Porcella Urban Market

10245 Main St
Bellevue, WA 98004

Neighborhoods: West Bellevue
Cuisine: Mediterranean, Italian, Tapas

Porcella Urban Market is a Mediterranean, Italian, and Tapas restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

QB
john photo

john

San Jose, CA
Porcella Urban Market 4.0

A hidden gem in old downtown Bellevue

I’ve dined a decent number of times around Old Downtown Bellevue but had never heard of this place until I read another user’s glowing review. Porcella’s definitely didn’t disappoint – the quality of the food is on par with finer dining establishments that would charge much more.

I liked the casual atmosphere, such the small window tables near the deli display, where you can see the full cured leg of ham and be tempted by the chocolate cake and tarts. The small market in the other half of the establishment offers an interesting variety of goods that you don’t find in most supermarkets.

Porcella’s was surprisingly empty for dinner the last time I came, but was packed with Saturday morning diners this time. Given the quality of the food, I wouldn’t hesitate to come here for dinner more often, especially if your evening plans are centered around Bellevue.

Best of all, they take the MS Prime card (buy one entree get the second free), which cuts the prices down to a fantastic level given the food quality.

Prosciutto di Parma

I’ve truly never had a sandwich quite like this one – the addition of the fried egg on top of the prosciutto was a neat touch. However, I felt the overall effect was a bit too salty for my bland tastebuds. Lots of water-chugging ensued.

Truffled Gaufrette Chips

A tasty side that comes with the prosciutto sandwich. Like the sandwich, these chips have really strong flavor.

Beef Bourguignon

The tasty, tender cubes of beef went well with the stew and mashed potatoes. Just wish it was a bit more filling.

jenniferyellow photo

jenniferyellow

San Diego, CA
Porcella Urban Market 4.0

so glad i found this place! :)

definitely thanks to all of these menuism reviewers for bringing this place to my attention :) i went there for dinner after work and it just hit the spot — quick, inexpensive (with the msprime deal, it’s two entrees for the price of one!), and freshly made! plus the people taking/making my order were so nice, it was a refreshing change after a tough day :)

some of those prepared-but-still-uncooked “to go” items looked tempting too — stuff i could keep for a rainy day when i don’t feel like cooking or going out to eat :)

and those Truffled Gaufrette Chips that come with the sandwiches… omgosh they were so good! thin and crispy and really … flavorful :)

Grilled Chicken

this sandwich was great! i usually find baguettes hard to bite into, but this one was the perfect crunchiness :)

bluerhapsodies photo

bluerhapsodies

Redmond, WA

great find!

I had gone to the market portion of this store before but somehow did not realize that it was a deli as well. It’s probably just my general lack of peripheral vision. :)

They have a great selection of sandwiches and entrees (duck, lamb, etc). In every respect – ingredients, presentation, and taste – the food is really on par with, or perhaps better than, much fancier restaurants! It’s a great dining experience really – great, fresh food with a classy but casual ambience. The combination just works!

If you like coffee, don’t forget to grab yourself one. They make good coffee there!

I would give it a 5 if it wasn’t because I feel that the staff can be a bit friendlier. They weren’t mean or anything, but I think a friendlier staff could really add to the warmth of the place!

Prosciutto di Parma

Somehow I also chose this. The Prosciutto was a bit too salty for me. but overall it was an excellent sandwich!

cafe latte

not perfect but it was good!

xuster photo

xuster

Brings out the charm of Old Bellevue

When Capri Italian Market on Bellevue Way closed it’s doors due to lack of business, Bellevue lost a great Italian specialty shop that carried great imported cured ham from Parma, Italy. Even though some people may disagree, it was truly a great loss for the neighborhood.

The birth of a relatively new establishment in Old Bellevue (Main Street bet. Bellevue Way and 100th Ave NE) called Porcella Urban Market filled a much needed gap that Capri left behind.

Porcella is part market and part eatery that carries a great selection of wine as well as Italian cured meats, sweets (e.g. cannolis), and prepared gourmet goodies to take home (e.g. duck confit). I walked to this Old Bellevue establishment on a Sunday afternoon and immediately noticed the charming European deli atmosphere and window-side tables that have a view of the developing Bellevue skyline with relaxed old town Bellevue-lites strolling by.

The eatery features a menu of gourmet soups, salads, specialty plates and baguette sandwiches. I tried the Prosciutto di Parma baguette sandwich and was surprised it came with a side of Truffled Gaufrette chips. The gourmet sandwich packed authentic imported prosciutto and an unconventional fried egg in the middle which was perfect since I had not eaten breakfast. I washed down the great tasting meal with a carafe of water and left a satisfied customer. My only regret is that I did not get to try their cannolis with a cappucino. Perhaps next time.

All in all, Porcella is a tad on the expensive side but it brings to Bellevue a unique urban market of fine gourmet foods difficult to find anywhere in Seattle and is a great way to enjoy Old Bellevue. Give it a try.

Prosciutto di Parma

This baguette sandwich is perfect for those lazy sunday afternoons when you wake up at noon and skip breakfast.

justin photo

justin

Multo Bene!

I wish there was one of these near my place in Chicago – I’d be there all the time. It’s a combination European market and cafe that sells all kinds of delectable foods and very tasty sandwiches. Everything looks awesome and you can buy pre-prepared foods to go if you’re looking to grab something for dinner or a picnic. The owner is very friendly and the cafe seating in the store is both casual and classy at the sametime. Definitely a place to come back to to try all the excellent sandwiches.

Grilled Chicken

Beautifully toasted and tasty chicken sandwich on a crunchy baguette. Tasty! It’s not huge but it tastes great and comes with the awesome homemade potato chips.

ichikoo photo

ichikoo

Porcella Urban Market 4.0

A cool place you may only notice if you walk on Old Main St.

I like this place. I didn’t know about it till a few days ago, but I came here for a dinner one Friday with friends. I was not disappointed. :) And MS Prime card works here too, so for you MS folks, you know what to bring.

Prosciutto di Parma

I tried this food because someone had suggested it. It was one of the best sandwiches that I’ve ever had. You should definitely try it!

karen photo

karen

Kirkland, WA
Porcella Urban Market 5.0

I love love LOVE Porcella. I've been there a few times an...

I love love LOVE Porcella. I’ve been there a few times and even if it’s a quick meal before driving back to Vancouver, it still has such a romantic French bistro feel to it that I at least order wine (not when I’m driving) or dessert. Their salmon with endive, their blue cheese steak and their tiramisu are to die for.

summerfugue photo

summerfugue

Porcella Urban Market 5.0

Love this place

Their menu changes frequently depending on what’s in season. Stepping into Porcella makes me feel like I’m in Europe! Food is of high quality and the prices are reasonable. They take primecard too.

jellyfisher photo

jellyfisher

No Longer a MS Prime Restaurant

Great restaurant with a bistro feel. However, the restaurant no longer takes MS prime card… so it becomes quite pricey!

Beef Bourguignon

0 useful

dshanley

0 useful

Porcella Urban Market  Restaurant Reviews

Porcella Urban Market is located near the cities of Beaux Arts, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, and Beaux Arts Village.
People found this by searching for: Porcella Italian Restaurant, Restaurants On Main Street In Bellevue Wa, Italian Deli Bellevue Wa, Bellevue Wa Old Town Restaurants, Italian Deli Bellevue, Italian Grocery Bellevue Wa, and Iltailan Food Market Bellevue Wa.