Call 100 W Ontario St
Chicago, IL 60610-3710
Neighborhoods: Near North Side

Cuisine: Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Fast Food

Portillo's Hot Dogs is a Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and Fast Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

phatcat1688 photo

phatcat1688

Portillo's Hot Dogs 2.0

Chicago Dogs are Good BUT...

besides the experience of going to Portillo’s (downtown) location, I don’t see the point really. The hot dogs are good but not great.

Give me Hebrew International or Best Kosher’s hot dogs any day of the week at home and I don’t think anyone can top that, at least for me no one has.

From what I understand these are Vienna hotdogs??—-once again, good but not great.

Chicago Dog

Traditional chicago hot dog.

Chili Cheese Dog

Surprisingly good and filling. Worth upgrading to after trying one of the Chicago dogs.

Italian sausage

Average, nothing to remember.

JUMBO HOT DOG

For some reason, the taste is not as good, probably because there is too much hot dog compared to rest of the stuff

Tiramisu

This is inside Portillo’s, but is sold by another chain (Barnelli’s Pasta Bowl?) right inside the same building for both restaurants. Be sure to go here after eating the dogs, because their Tiramisu puts a lot of others to shame. It is also famous aro

justin photo

justin

Portillo's Hot Dogs 4.0

Now that's big beef

I love that this Portillos has a drive-thru – it reminds me of my southern california days… It’s really great when you’ve got that beef craving but don’t want to get out of the car. The drive-thru line can be long, but they have people come to your window to take your order, take your money, and deliver your food. It’s quite a great and efficent process.

The food itself is pretty solid (for what it is) and not too overpriced. They’ve got a great variety of Chicago favorites like the hot dogs and italian beef sandwiches. I’ll have to go again to try some other things on the menu.

BIG BEEF

This is a good sized sandwich. The beef juice is tasty and it’s great with the sweet peppers. The beef is very thinly sliced and very tender….mmmm

FRENCH FRIES

They weren’t piping hot, but I’ve got a soft spot for the crinkle cut fries.

k3mike photo

k3mike

Highland Park, IL
Portillo's Hot Dogs 5.0

Cheeseburger

I rate cheeseburgers by how far the juices travel down my arms. This burger had a 10" drip! Very nice… The other nice thing about Portillo’s; no tip required. (It’s “fast food”)

BURGER

Very tasty. I go back regularly and my cardiologist loves me for it…

cristinb photo

cristinb

Portillo's Hot Dogs 5.0

Hot dogs with a "Snap"

I LOVE Portillo’s. In my opinion, they have the best hot dogs in the city, served in the true Chicago style. There’s something about the way that they boil these babies, but they are really full of flavor and the skin has a perfect snap when you bite into it. Great fries too! The chocolate cake is good, as is the chocolate cake shake. They have a joint operation with Barnelli’s Pasta Bowl, if you’re not in the mood for “fast food”, with a menu that includes pasta, pizza, salads, and sandwiches. Everything I’ve eaten there has been really good, and not too pricey.

Chicago Dog

If I ever leave Chicago, this will be one of the things that I miss the most. When I was away for a few months, all I could think about was the first thing that I was going to eat when I returned, and it was this!

Chili Cheese Dog

These are really good, if in you’re in the mood for messy. Use your fries to sop up the dripping chili!

feizheng3 photo

feizheng3

Portillo's Hot Dogs 4.0

Portillo's Hot Dogs

Very casual place to dine. Plenty of seats to accommodate a large volume of people. Fast service, quite clean.

Char-Grilled Maxwell Street Style Polish

One of the better hot dogs I’ve had in a long time. It is a little heavy with the onions but overall pleasant to the taste buds.

ITALIAN BEEF

Very juicy, full of beef, nicely toasted bread that come with 2 pieces of sweet bell pepper.

Portillo's Hot Dogs 3.0

As far as Chicago hot dogs go, I wouldn’t call these the ...

As far as Chicago hot dogs go, I wouldn’t call these the most authentic OR the best I’ve tried. The atmosphere is always busy and fun, and the merging with Barnelli’s Pasta Bowl was a good move.

Portillo's Hot Dogs 1.0

EVER TRIED A "COMBO"? WTF IT'S AN ITALIAN...

EVER TRIED A “COMBO”?
WTF IT’S AN ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH ITALIAN BEEF ON TOP OF IT. AN ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICH BUT WITH A SAUSAGE HIDING UNDER THE BEEF. ITALIAN BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE ON THE SAME GOD-DAMNED SANDWICH.
HOW ABOUT SOME CHEESE FRIES ON THE SIDE?

Ever wonder why Americans are so fat?

Portillo's Hot Dogs 1
August 7, 2013

Best chicago dog in town. I always eat here when I visit.
Portillo's Hot Dogs 1
June 29, 2013

Always a great Chicago dawg available

Always a great Chicago dawg available at Portillo's
Portillo's Hot Dogs 3.0
May 18, 2012

Skip the hot dogs and go right for the

Skip the hot dogs and go right for the chocolate cake!

Hot Dogs Hamburgers Fast Food
Tips
  • On Monday evenings, buy a full slab rib dinner and get a half-slab free.
  • Craving something a little more healthy? Barnelli's Pasta Bowl shares the same space and offers salads, wraps and more.
Mon-Thu 10:30AM - 11:00PM

Cgt1-ezmcr34eveje7bpzb
mzbonobo

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

Portillo's Hot Dogs  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/03/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it and liked it.
Portillo's Hot Dogs is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Portillo's In Chicago Downtown, Does Portillos Deliver, Portillos Hours, Portillos Near Me, Portillos Hours Of Operation, Portillos Delivery To 60610, Buy One Get One Half Slab Of Ribs Portillos, Hot Dog Place In Chicago 60610, and Portillos Drive Thru Menu.