Ray's Cafe & Tea House

215-922-5122

141 N 9th St ( )

Philadelphia, PA 19107-2410

Neighborhoods: Center City East

Description: Ray's Cafe & Tea House is a Asian, Tea, and Coffee restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.
Tags: Asian, Takeout, Tea, Coffee, Delivery, BYOB, American, Coffee & Tea, Diner, and Coffee Shop

Reviews for Ray's Cafe & Tea House

• 1 review
  • First reviewed by ordo

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Ray's Cafe & Tea House

4.0

A Neighborhood Gem

Had I not read favorable reviews, I would never have chanced visiting this small non-descript restaurant. But don’t misunderstand my comment . . . the restaurant was cheerful, tidy and very clean.

The hot and sour soup was the best I’ve ever tasted . . .admirably spicy with some crunchie vegetables.

Having been weaned to spicy tastes by my West African aide (I am a paraplegic), I couldn’t resist trying an extra appetizer . . the cabbage salad. It was a real sizzler and most enjoyable.

My entre was billed as Hot & Spicy Chicken (or something like that). It was not as hot as the previous dishes, but very tasty.

The server was very willing and anxious to please, but too quick. I had to give him a parting lecture on the virtue of slowing down, with particular emphasis on NEVER having two courses on the table at the same time. He received the criticism graciously.

Another point worth mentioning is value . . . an appetizer and entree can be ordered for $8.95!

All in all, as you can see from my rating, I liked this restaurant very much, actually even a bit more than 4.0 stars. I plan to return in the near future.

Ray's Cafe & Tea House is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, William Penn Annex East, and Pennsport.
People found this by searching for: Tea Places In Center City Pa, Tea House Center City, Best Tea Center City Philadelphia, Tea Time In Center City, Philadelphia, Rays Noodle House Philadelphia, Pa, Ray's Asian Philadelphia, Www.Bestteahousesincentercity.Com, Best Tea House Center City Philadelphia, and Teahouses In Center City Philadelphia Pa.

Featured in Philadelphia