541-683-2206

454 Willamette St ( )

Eugene, OR 97401

Neighborhoods: Market District

Description: Red Agave is a Southwestern, Latin American, and Latin restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Southwestern, Nuevo Latino, Takeout, Latin American, Latin, Catering, American, Delivery, Spanish, and Mexican
  • 1 user wants to eat at Red Agave
  • 1 user loves Red Agave

Reviews for Red Agave

Red Agave

Prices down, portions up, food better than ever.

I’ll admit that there have been times when the Red Agave was hard to love. Dodgy service, inconsistent food…but the new chef and new owner have got the place back in the groove. The recipes are farther ranging than they used to be. I had an Argentinian preparation of Buffalo ($22) that was spectacular. It had a horseradish and pinenut paste with chimichuri. I can eat, but I took half of it home. That may have been because we split the vegetarian tamale and the pork belly. The belly has been on my mind ever since. The waiter told us that its the national dish of Brazil and we understood why. When the owner heard we ordered the Buffalo we zipped off and came back with a deep, lingering glass of Monastrell. We had a ball, and we didn’t break the bank. Its the best thing going in Eugene if you like food.

2.0

Raised their prices! For the cost, go to Soriah instead!

Last year I was all about Red Agave, it was THE place to show out-of-towners that we could do good food. This southwest fusion restaurant had all the right moxie. Until I took a group there two weeks ago…

Let’s just say that the six of us spent $300 and left feeling hungry. The price of a meal is sky high, and the portions, while being fancily-displayed, were minuscule. I felt embarrassed. $33 only got a 6 ounce portion of fish, with no real side to speak of. $20 got a single, lonesome stuffed pepper that, honestly, was as good as many at family Mexican restaurants. The service was lackluster considering the cost of the food.
I feel bad being so harsh but I don’t want others to have the same experience. Go to Soriah instead for a fancy dinner to not be disappointed.

4.0

New owner, same good food

I enjoy taking my wife and mother in law out on the town and since on is a vegetarian and the other is diabetic, sometimes it is difficult to find a good place to satisfy all of us.
I love a good steak and Red Agave has never let me down. They treat my wife very well and if she does not like the vegie choice that day they will oblige her with something else.
Great wine selection also.

Add/Show Comments (1)

February 21, 2010

Fine Dining at its best

Excellent restaurant! Delicious, tapas-style foods and drinks. A local favorite, and a wonderful place to take out of town guests. Fine dining at its best.

December 14, 2008

Great Tapas-style restaurant in Eugene

This is the first restaurant I ever ate in Eugene. What a surprise to find that there are some good places to eat in city this size. I have been back every couple of months and I am never disappointed.

Red Agave is located near the cities of River Road.
People found this by searching for: Red Agave In Eugene, Redagave.Net, Brazilian Grill Eugene Or, Brazilian Steakhouse Eugene Oregon, Red Agave Restaurant, Red Agave Eugene, Red Agave Eugene Menu, and Red Agave.

Ovblxbpi