Red Dragon Restaurant

2116 Lyndale Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55405-3026

Neighborhoods: Lowry Hill East
Cuisine: Chinese, Bar, Vegan

Red Dragon Restaurant is a Chinese, Bar, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN
Red Dragon Restaurant 1.0

Bad Vibe Keeps me From Dining

I guess I can’t say that I’ve been here to dine, but based on my experience during the ‘bar’ hours I don’t think I’ll ever try it. I can think of a million other Chinese restaurants that I would suggest first in the Uptown area.

First of all, this place is very dirty. Not sure if the patrons during the evening have anything to do with that fact (i.e. coming in, being disrespectful and trashing the place), but if it looks and operates during the day like the does during the night I would not trust the food. It looks very 80s Chinese with worn red carpets and booths. The place is big and open, but over-stuffed with people looking to get drunk for cheap during the evenings. The place is smelly, sticky and overly loud which is just not my scene. However, I will give the Red Dragon credit for attracting a big crowd with fish bowl drinks alone. I doubt anyone goes here for the ambiance. And yes, the fish bowl drinks are super strong. The Wondrous Punch is pink in color, but mostly rum. If it was delicious and strong that would be a different story, but you might as well just go next door to Humm’s, pick up a fifth of Paramount rum and drink it in the alley.

Last time I visited I was harassed by a group of guys who kept asking me if I was Bruce Lee’s sister. They apparently found this to be hilarious because they would not leave me alone while I stood by the bar waiting for my drink. We managed to deal with this place for about a half hour before I just had to leave. I downed my punch (2nd worst idea after choosing to go to the Red Dragon in the first place) and we went across the street to Rudolph’s. I don’t recommend going here on a date or with family, I might not recommend this place period. However, a couple friends of mine swear by the Red Dragon as a good place for cheap drinks and a fun time. I will continue to disagree.

Chinese Bar Vegan
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 01:00AM
Sat 12:00PM - 01:00AM
Sun 02:00PM - 12:00AM

Red Dragon Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Red Dragon Restaurant is located near the cities of St Anthony and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Red Dragon Restaurant Minneapolis, Red Dragon Menu Minneapolis, Red Dragon Minneapolis Mn Menu, Red Dragon Minneapolis, Red Dragon Minneapolis Menu, Red Dragon Mpls, Red Dragon Menu, Red Dragon Restaurant Mpls Mn, and Red Dragon.