RH at Andaz West Hollywood Hyatt

8401 W Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069-1909

Neighborhoods: Hollywood Hills
Cuisine: Contemporary American, Californian, French

RH at Andaz West Hollywood Hyatt is a Contemporary American, Californian, and French restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $25 and $50.

No Rating
ca_ccarr photo

ca_ccarr

Northridge, CA
RH at Andaz West Hollywood Hyatt 1.0

Pretty but too expensive, slow, uneven

To begin with this place is gorgeous. Simple lines, long visible wine racks, open kitchen with full view of what’s going on and a bright bar up front. That’s pretty much where the excitement ends—if only eye candy were edible. We had a table of 13 with a reservation and they couldn’t handle it. Gave us one server with occasional help when needed. The poor woman looked like she was going to cry most of the time—rather like we did. Took forever to get drinks, water and so on. Bread came, no bread plates. When we were about done with the bread 1/2 the table got plates. When the appetizers eventually came out one was supposed to be fried mushrooms. It was very lightly sauteed mushrooms on salad on wet toast. Why didn’t they say sauteed on the menu? Manager argued with us about the definition of fried v. sauteed. Leek and bacon appetizer—diner said it was forgettable. Someone ordered their bar-bite specials. After 40 minutes she still had nothing. When the manager was called over he proceeded to cry about how he couldn’t get all the food out to such a large table at once and the bar bites weren’t real food anyway. (Seriously) The diner cancelled her order. $18 for an egg and foie gras appetizer—I split it with someone and it was almost cold with only a dab of foie gras. The squash soup was flavorless and watery.

After an hour and a half + we got our entrees. A $20 hamburger—extremely average. The $26 foie gras burger—ditto. My beef cheeks were a large portion, falling apart tender and with a nice flavor. I shared the duck confit with the woman next to me. Skin was crispy and tasty but the portion was small for the price ($22 for 1 leg alone, no sides) and yet again the temperature was lukewarm despite seeming overcooked. Salmon was dull but presentation pretty.

For desserts, I for one was too exhausted from the hassle of the whole affair, and declined to split the cheese plate I’d planned on with 2 others. Good thing too because for $15 they were 3 very small bites with some fruit and nuts. Presentation nice. The rum baba was served soaking in a weird container full of rum. All she could taste was rum so she drenched it in the whipped cream and tried to take it home. The rice pudding was 3 little mounds of ‘pudding’ served on a cookie. He said it was different but OK. I suspect he was being kind.

Finally, their practice of having all the wait staff dress differently makes it 1) look sloppy and 2) difficult to tell who is who.

Honestly, from the time we sat down until I managed to escape it was a pretty awful experience. Did I mention it was pretty?

Contemporary American Casual Elegant Reservations

RH at Andaz West Hollywood Hyatt  Restaurant Reviews

• 09/03/2013 - A diner from Dublin, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
Joe's Pizza

Pizza in Hollywood Hills

RH at Andaz West Hollywood Hyatt is located near the cities of Mound, Beverly Hills Ca, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Little Ethiopia.
People found this by searching for: Londonfamousrestauants, Truffle Lovers, Llc, Truffle Lovers West Hollywood, Andaz West Hollywood Room Service Menu, Rh Andaz Menu, Truffle Lovers Llc West Hollywood, and Rh Menu West Hollywood.