281-465-4820

8000 Research Forest Dr ( )

The Woodlands, TX 77382-1504

Neighborhoods: Alden Bridge

Description: Rico's Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican, Tex-mex, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Mexican, Delivery, Tex-mex, Woodlands, American, Good For Kids, and Takeout
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Rico's Mexican Restaurant
Tips:
  • Breakfast is available on weekends only.
  • Margaritas are $1.99 all day, everyday.

Reviews for Rico's Mexican Restaurant

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by Thalisa

Looked Great, Horrible nightmare

This is the second time coming to the same location to only have the same bad customer experiences. My wife asked a simple question of what was in the salad and 2 seperate waiters had no ideal. The 3rd time is always the charm becuase he knew but he said half the ingredients in spanish which is fine for me but not for my wife who does not speak the language. Took an hour to get our food and to be honest my food was a little cold and they left raw jalepenos on a lot of the dish. Spicey food does not phase me but my wife could not eat her dish. Everyone who cooks knows that if you leave jalepenos raw they have more heat. The dish was not even on the heat index for something being spicey. She also waited over 30 min to get her glass of water refilled.

I want to love this place becuase the interior of this place is great but the food and service are terrible. Maybe a few years from now we will try again.

Barbacoa burritos

raw jalepenos and my dish came to me cold. They put raw jalepenos in my wifes salad witch we had to ask several people if it was spicey and what was in it. Bad food altogether!

Rico's Mexican Restaurant

not sure why people eat here

I have lived in Texas for most of my life and have eaten at many, many, many Mexican/Tex Mex restaurants. We have been to 3 different Ricos locations….twice to meet friends ( their choice), once when we first moved to The Woodlands b/c it was close.

Rico’s is truly the worst Mexican food I’ve ever been served. Even the margaritas are terrible. I left 3/4 of my margarita on the table…and I’ve NEVER done that in my life.

My husband & I just can’t believe people eat in these restaurants. I’ll happily drive and extra 15 minutes (and wait for a table) to eat at Chuys.

Don’t waste your $ on Ricos.

bean and cheese burrito

terrible. Refried beans from the can taste better. So disappointing!

Our recent fave Mexican

Have been to this location 20+ times in the past year, and except for our 1st visit, food & service is consistently very good to excellent. The first time 10+ mo. ago was a disaster — extremely slow service, chewy overdone beef & chicken fajitas not brought sizzling but warm, frozen margaritas with a drop of booze instead of a shot, the A/C was blasting Arctic Air temps – you get the picture. Didn’t want to return but friends insisted to give them a 2nd chance. Next time the service was very fast, drinks made exactly to order, entrees brought out quickly so you couldn’t fill up on chips, and the fajitas were tender, moist, very flavorful, etc. We keep returning even tho the temp in summer is still Arctic Air inside because I love the grilled quail with fajitas as well as several other dishes. (We figured out where the warmest tables are and request those.) There’s live entertainment Saturday nights. The fish platters are very good if you like their fish choices (which I’m not crazy about). If they had more fish variety, I’d order them more often. I hear the fish tacos are to die for, but again, I’m not crazy about their 2 different kinds of fish. Chips are always warm & fresh, but on a packed night (and they are often weekends in winter because no one wants to sit outside), you might finish the whole bowl & get thru half another bowl before your entrees are served. Haven’t seen the floor covered in chips yet except when a group of teens had a chip fight one night. This being in the Woodlands, you almost come to expect that when you see a bunch of unchaperoned teens in a Mexican restaurant, altho I don’t encourage or condone it.

El Cazador (grilled quail + fajitas)

Excellent meal includes flour or corn tortillas, 1 marinated grilled quail, 1/2 serving of marinated, grilled fajitas (beef or chicken), rice, charro beans, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo plus standard chips + red & green salsas before entree. Always tender, just right seasonings, not too spicy, always comes sizzling. Add a frozen margarita & you’ve got it made! You can even eat the bones of the quail it’s so tender & flavorful.

2.0

What's the Big Deal With Rico's?

I’ve been to both locations in The Woodlands and yeah, the food is ok, depending on what you order.

However, the newer location was insanely busy and the floor was literally covered in tortilla chips in various states of pulverization. It was impossible to have a good conversation with the people I went with. The drinks took forever to come out (just basic, non frozen margaritas) and we won’t even talk about how long the food took. By the time it arrived, we were more or less full from the chips.

The older location seemed a bit more reserved and the food did arrive quickly. However, it was an office function we had there, so I’m not sure if that had any effect on the speed. Quality wise…meh. We ordered beef and chicken fajitas. I didn’t find the cuts of meat fantastic and, for me, they were very bland.

One of the patio doors opens to the “private” dining room and we had major issues with people passing through during our time there.

On the bright side, the margaritas were fantastic that night!

Fajitas

chewy and bland

June 6, 2011

Just not what it use to be!

We have lived right around the corner from Rico's for over 7 years. This use to be one of our favorite places to eat but lately, the service and quality just hasn't been the same. The last 2 times we went we had to wait about 20 minutes…

Rico's Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Shenandoah, Woodlands, and Oak Ridge North.
People found this by searching for: Alden Bridge Ricos Menu, Ricos The Woodlands, Rico's The Woodlands, Rico's The Woodlands Menu, Ricos Mexican The Woodlands, Ricos In Alden Bridge, Rico's Woodlands Tx, Rico's Mexican Restaurant, and Rico's Mexican Restaurant The Woodlands.

Kirby's Steakhouse