Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

$5 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $2

Buy Now 60% off »
Image-5836378-10451612
Description: Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican, Family Dining, and Southwestern restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Mexican, Casual, Family Dining, Southwestern, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 51 dishes entered by diners at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
  • 1 user loves Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Tips:
  • Margaritas are sure to add to the festive atmosphere---especially if you order the 44-ounce monster.

Reviews for Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

Great Food! Great Service! Good Price

It was my first visit to Rio Grande approaching the restaurant made me a little leery. Outside the restaurant there was a painted statue of a burro, but the ears had been broken off. The door handle had been replaced and it’s replacement looked like it had been jimmy-rigged.

I was expecting to enter a dive.

However—and thankfully—first impressions were misleading.

The lights were dimmed and my party was immediately seated in the smoking section.

The restaurant was tastefully and pleasantly decorated with soft Latin music playing. The tables were clean and the waitstaff was courtesy.

Immediately upon being served our waiter appeared with the standard offering of free tortilla chips (still warm) and salsa and took our drink order.

The salsa was fresh—not canned—and was among the best I’ve tasted. It had just a hint of a bite of heat, though was too hot for the three year old in our party who dove into the chips and salsa immediately. She complained immediately of the heat and wanted something to drink right then (though the adults in the party did not notice or mind the slight heat).

Literally within seconds our waiter had our drink order. Once she had a cold drink to offset the heat she was digging again into the chips.

We were seated near the bar. The bar contains a large screen television which was tuned to a Telemundo televised soccer match.

The menu was not as extensive as with the chain Mexican restaurants I’ve visited (Chi-Chis and Del Rios), but it was the prices were certainly more reasonable and the general consensus of the members of the party was that the food was comparable.

There was only a brief wait after we were brought our drinks until our waiter took our order.

There wait for our food was less than I expected.

The waiter replaced drinks before they were half empty.

He did a suburb job and the only thing I wish he would have done differently was to take a desert order before bringing the check. However he took up the check and brought the deserts in a very short time.

With drinks and excluding desert expect to spend between $10-$15 per dinner entree.

There is also a large lunch menu with prices about half of dinner entrees.

Chicken Chimichanga

The portion was more than generous, and is served with refried beans and Mexican rice. The dish is also accompanied with a large side order of guacamole and sour cream.

The chimichanga itself — which also comes in a steak version — had a flakey crust and tender and flavorful filling.

I highly recommend it.

Add/Show Comments (1)

September 1, 2012

This is one of the BEST restaurants in Newport.. and as a Mexican restaurant.. hands above the rest for tasty food. The price is very reasonable. Take the KIDS!

March 16, 2011

Great Authentic Mexican Food

Great food, Affordable prices and really great place to gather with friends. I have eaten here for 7 years and still love it. The food is great if you like really Mexican food go here it's the best place in-town with the best prices. …

February 13, 2011

Wonderful Meal!!!

My family came to Newport for a mini vacation. We always like to try a local resturant for something we can't get at home. We did a little research and found this resturant. we decided to try it and boy are we glad we did. We got a…

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Covington, Bellevue, Dayton, Southgate, and Park Hills.
People found this by searching for: Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant Newport Ky, Rio Grande Restaurant Newport Ky, Rio Grande Newport, Rio Grande Newport Ky Menu, Riogrande/Newportky.Com, Rio Grande Newport Ky, Rio Grande Resturant In Newprt, and Rio Grande Newport Menu.

Mitchell's Fish Market
Chart House
Gangsters Dueling Piano Bar
Dunkers Sports Bar
The Ridgeway Bar & Kitchen

Link to Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  88%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%
Pros
  •  "Fast service"
  •  "We have been going to Rio Grande since I was a kid. We all love the food the service and staff are just wonderful! The nachos fajitas are amazing! "