732-270-3634

781 Fischer Blvd ( )

Toms River, NJ 08753

Description: Rivolis is a Italian, Mediterranean, and Pasta restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Italian, Mediterranean, Pasta, Seafood, BYOB, and Takeout
  • 12 dishes entered by diners at Rivolis

Reviews for Rivolis

• 16 reviews
  • First reviewed by laur27

Editorial Review by Gayot »

APPAULED !!!!! ABSOLUTELY UNREAL

MY FAMILY FREQUENTS THIS RESTAURANT AT LEAST EVERY WEEK OR LATELY EVERY OTHER. WE HAVE BEEN GOING FOR YEARS. ALL I CAN SAY IS NO CLASS!!!!!!! LAST WEEK WHEN WE WERE AT RIVOLI’S I SAID WE WOULD NEVER COME BACK BECAUSE THE WAITRESS WAS TERRIBLE. IN FACT SHE WAS EMBARRAING. MY DAUGHTER, WHOM IS 11 ALWAYS HAS ORDERED OFF THE CHILDRENS MENU AS SHE HAS A STOMACH ISSUE AND IT DOES NOT ALLOW HER TO EAT BIG POSTIONS. NEVER HAD THEY SAID ANYTHING AS WE HAVE BEEN GOING FOR SO LONG AND WE REFER MANY PEOPLE. WHEN WE WERE THEIR, THE OWNERS DAUGHTER WAS OUR WAITRESS AND HAS BEEN BEFORE. WHEN MY DAUGHTER WENT TO ORDER SHE SAID " YOU ARE TO OLD FOR THE KIDS MENU AND YOU CAN’T ORDER FROM IT.: I TOLD HER THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE AND SHE HAS BEEN OUR WAITRESS PLENTY OF TIMES BEFORE. EVERYONE WAS LOOKING AT OUR TABLE AS SHE SAID " WHEN DO YOU DRAW THE LINE." SHE WAS LOUD WITH HER MINNIE MOUSE VOCALS AND WAS VERY EMBARRASSING. IN FACT, THE TABLE NEXT TO USE COMMENTED TO US AS WELL WITH HER BEHAVIOR. AFTER THE MEAL SHE PUT HER CHECK DOWN. I WAS SO ANNOYED THAT I LEFT HER 60.00 FOR A 59.99 MEAL. I SHOULD HAVE ASKED HER FOR MY CHANGE. AS I MENTIONED, I ALWAYS GIVE 20-25 % AND THEY ALL KNOW THAT. WE DECIDED WE WOULD GO THERE ONE MORE TIME TONIGHT. WE HAD A DIFFERENT WAITRESS, THANK GOD. MY DAUGHTER DID NOT ORDER OFF THE KIDS MEAL AND WE HAD A DIFFERENT NEW WAITRESS. AFTER I PAID THE CHECK AND GAVE 20 % TO THE BRAND NEW WAITRESS AND RIVOLIS, THE OWNERS DAUGHTER CAME TO MY TABLE PUT A PENNY IN FRONT OF ME AND SAIDTHANKS SO MUCH FOR STIFFING ME.” SHE WAS CONDENSENDING AND NASTY. I TOLD HER SHE WAS RUDE AND NASTY THE LAST VISIT. I ASKED HER IF HER FATHER, TONY, KNEW SHE WAS DOING THIS AND SHE SAID YES. I THEN WALKED UO TO THE COUNTER AND ASKED FOR MR. “I THINK I HAVE CLASSTONY. I TOLD HIM HOW TERRIBLY DISGUSTING IT WAS FOR HIS DAUGHTER TO DO WHAT SHE DID AND HE SAIDGOOD, YOU STIFFED HER LAST TIME.” I TOLD HIM SHE WAS TERRIBLE AND I ALWAYS GIVE LARGE TIPS THERE AND HE KNOWS US WELL AND WE HAVE BEEN VERY LOYAL TO HIS RETAURANT. HE SAID YOU STIIFFED MY DAUGHTER, I DON’T CARE AND HE WALKED AWAY. THIS WAS SO INSANE I CAN’T EVEN TELL YOU. I THEN TOLD HIM AND HIS LOVELY ANGEL THAT I WOULD LOVE TO CALL THE ASBURY PARK PRESS FOR A NICE LITTLE STORY AND THE COMMENT FROM HIS ANGEL WAS " GO AHEAD, ASK THE CELEBERTIES, PUBLICITY IS PUBLICITY.’ SO SNDE AND RUDE. I WILL MAKE A HUGE ISSUE AND MAKE SURE I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE HOW CRAZY THIS FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS IS. THEY ARE A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT QUALITY FOOD, GO TO HOT TOMATO ON FISCHER. THEY HAVE CLASS.

Add/Show Comments (7)

Monster size portions

If you are hungry this is the place. We started with an app. of a hot antipasto, clams casino, clams oreganato,eggplant rollentini, fried ravioli, fried mozzerella. This was sure to please any appetite. Was enough for a meal. My husband had a shrimp dinner which was fried with mozz. cheese proscuitto, spinach and served over angel hair pasta. He had wrapped it and eaten it for 2 days after. I had the chicken marsala with spinach also enjoyable. All the meals are served over pasta and can easily be shared and still be enough for all. We did share the tiramisu, even though we were stuffed. All desserts are homemade so give a try.

hot antipasto

More than enough

Add/Show Comments (1)

Rivoli's experience....

First off, I am so happy that I stumbled upon this site. I am a Toms River resident and I go to Rivoli’s restaurant a lot. They have great food, a great atmosphere and great servers. I have had the pleasure of having Tony’s daughter Monica quiet a few times and she is a sweet heart. I go out to dinner a lot and she is one of the best servers I have had. I personally believe that if you are reviewing a restaurant you should keep it professional not personal. It sounds as if you have a personal problem nothing more.

4.0

Service with a smile

Came to Rivoli’s last night with our neighbors and had a great time. This is a BYO restaurant so we took advantage of this and brought several bottles. Even though we know the portions are huge, we can never pass up ordering the appetizers because they always sound so good and taste even better. There were 6 of us so we each selected a different entree that way we could each try a little bit of everything. We picked a great night to go because lamb chops were on the menu and they are my favorite. Our waitress was Deb and she was a lot of fun. She immediatly won us over with her great personality.

Lamb Chops

Delicious!

Porkchops are delicious

Been coming here for years. Never had a bad meal.

Porkchop murphy

grilled porkchops with mushrooms, onions, spicy peppers and potatoes. They also make them with sweet peppers but I prefer spicy

They'll Put You in a Food Coma

Made a reservation to dine at Rivoli’s last night ONLINE. How cool is that? I just went to their website and filled out the reservation information and within seconds it was done. Walked in last night and were seated promptly by the manager. She greeted us with a smile, escorted us to our table and within seconds we were greeted by our waitress, Laura. Although we’d been there times before, Laura still took a few minutes to go over the menu with us, and tell us about the dinner specials. We started with a sampler appetizer and for dinner, I chose Rigatoni Rivoli.

Rigatoni Rivoli

rigatoni with fresh mozzarella in a plum tomato sauce and basil

Best Seafood

Rivoli’s has the freshest Seafood in town. The owner takes a lot of pride in that he even mentions it on his flashing board: Fresh never Frozen seafood. There are two things I always order when I go here: crusted salmon and sicilian calamari. Amazing! Brittany was our server the last time we were here and her smile was infectious. Rivoli’s in number 1

Crusted Salmon

grilled salmon crustyed with shrimp and crabmeat

Worth the drive

Rivoli’s is worth the drive for my family and I because it is our favorite Italian Restaurant. We have been dining at Rivoli’s for the last nine years and we always leave full and happy. The staff always takes good care of us and we know that no matter who serves us, we will have a great time because they are all so fun and energetic. When we came here on Friday, they had soft shell crabs on the specials. The owner’s daughter told us her dad picked them up at the fish market that morning and I could definitely tell they were fresh. Can’t wait for our next trip to Rivolis!

Soft Shell Crabs

2 soft shell crabs over tri-color linguine with artichoke hearts and mushrooms

Hidden Treasue

Had a group meet for dinner at Rivoli’s tonight for my daughter’s birthday. She wanted to eat here because Pauly D had his birthday dinner here. The hostess was nice enough to sit us at the same table Pauly sat at and the waitress entertained my daughter and her friends with her personal experience waiting on the Shore crew. We had a fabulous time and I think Vinny is my new favorite character because his Chicken dinner at rivoli’s is to die for!!

We are happy that we stumbled upon Rivoli’s because it really is a hidden treasue. This restaurant has everything to offer- steak, seafood, chicken, pasta, etc… There’s something for everyone, even the pickiest eaters like my 4 year old. Jen took very good care of us- she was amazing from beginning to end.

Chicken Vinny

Chicken Vinnie is a stuffed chicken filled with sausage and topped with peppers and onions in a plum tomato sauce served over raviolis. yum. yum. yum.

Artichokes Like Mom used to make

Best restaurant in the area hands down. The portions are huge my wife likes going there because there’s always leftovers and she doesn’t have to cook for two days after we go here. The stuffed artichoke is my favorite. My wife always gets the Pasta Roma because we don’t eat much Italian at home. They make it there just like my mom did when I was a kid. If you haven’t done so already, check this place out!

Stuffed Artichoke

Try the artichoke appetizer. It’s a whole artichoke steamed and stuffed with breadcrumbs and romano cheese. it’s delicious.

Best Value in Town

I really can’t believe that Rivoli’s is getting such negative reviews. I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant and living in Toms River, I’ve had my fair share of Rivoli’s… The prices are low for what you get. Other restaurants in the area charge you the same money or more for less quality and quantity. If you haven’t already tried this restaurant, give it a shot you won’t be disappointed. Save room for dessert, Reese’s cake is the best

Parm Napolean

Chicken, veal, eggplant and shrimp parm they stack it up with roasted red pepper and mozzarella

Nothing Beats Rivoli's

There is nothing in Ocean County that tops this place. From the minute you walk in until the second you leave, you will always be happy. The staff is friendly and the food is always consistent. We were here on Easter with our family from out of state, they were so impressed with this restaurant and are already talking about coming here again when they visit this Summer. Shrimp DeMicci is amazing ( I get it every single visit)

Shrimp DeMicci

This dinner is amazing. Shrimp wrapped up with bacon with mozzarella and spinach and mushrooms.

4.0

Enough to put you in a food coma

Ate there this past week and it was good. Certain dishes are executed better than others. Portions are very large and minimize the need to order appetizers or dessert. We did try the appetizer sampler which was OK (calamari a bit soggy and chewy, not crispy) and the Caesar salad (overdressed in an edible bowl [why?]). For entree I had the Seafood Fra Diablo which was good with ample seafood. Family had the chicken fetuccine alfredo which I would recommend against (simple dish that can be made better at home). Wife had the Salmon Paradise and enjoyed it. Not sure what to make of the multiple poor reviews that appear to be written by the same person regarding non-culinary issues.

Seafood Fra Diablo

A spicy tomato broth teeming with clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp and scallops served atop a mountain of linguini. A lot of fresh basil in the mix was a plus. Big enough for two people to share.

Rivolis

I AGREEB IN THE PAST RIVOLIS WAS AMAZING-- NOW...

I AGREEB IN THE PAST RIVOLIS WAS AMAZINGNOW IN 2010 IT IS TERRIBLE . LOTS OF SAUCES HUGE AMOUNTS OF PASTA LITTLE SALADLITTLE CHICKEN OR MEAT AND HIGH PRICES FOR WHAT YOU GET. THE SERVICE IS HURRIED AND HARRIED EVERYONS SEEMS UN=HAPPY WHICH LENDS TO AN UN PLEASENT ATMOSPHERE==NOW IN 2010 PASS UP RIVOLIS

-1 0

Horrible food & service and what is owner concentrating on?

Horrible food and service and what is owner concentrating on? Oh yeah, political statements on his electronic bulletin board!! This guy has to be the most stupid business owner in the world!!

meatballs

Gross

-1 0

Owner cares more about politics than food!!

The owner of this restaurant seems like he couldn’t care less about his customers and his food. He just wants his political beliefs know as he displays everyday on his electronic bulletin board. He even picks fights with people that have obviously complained about him right on the bulletin board. Maybe being that you are a restaurant owner, you should think more about the quality of your food, which is terrible, rather than about what your political beliefs are. Or maybe you should just close down and run for political office.

meatballs

Are these people really italian? The meatballs are the size of softballs and taste pretty much like sawdust.

Rivolis is located near the cities of South Toms River, Beachwood, Pine Beach, and Island Heights.
People found this by searching for: Rivolis Toms River Nj, Rivolis Menu, Raviolis In Toms River, Raviolis Toms River Nj, Rivolis Nj, Rivoli's Toms River, and Rivolis Toms River Nj Menu.

Ninos Coal Fired Pizza
Chicken Town
Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill
Olive Garden
Wolfie's Deli & Restaurant

Link to Rivolis

Rivolis  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  77%  Food:  73%  Service:  71%  Ambiance:  64%
Pros
  •  "People are rude including manager and owner. No wonder not as busy as they use to be. "
  •  "Friends"
Cons
  •  "Nothing"
Comments
  •  "Don't go there "