A solid izakaya joint in the Little Osaka area. Visited for the first time last Friday for dinner. It isn’t as quite stellar as Furaibo, which is just a couple of doors away, nor is its menu as extensive. However, everything we tried was tasty and I definitely enjoyed my meal.
Here’s what we had:
- Chicken salad which came as a free starter: This was okay, but not my kind of thing.
- Yellowtail teriyaki skewers: Wonderful. The teriyaki glaze was light, and beautifully enhanced the sweet, moist, perfectly cooked yellowtail. This is a must-order.
- Pork belly skewers: Fabulous. The meat and fat were well-balanced and the skewers were nicely cooked. Another must-order.
- Chicken gizzard skewers: Not bad. A bit on the chewy side.
- Chicken heart skewers: This was quite good, tender, with a rich “chickeny” flavor.
- Bacon wrapped jalapeno skewers: Sweet, salty, and spicy all at once. Good, but nothing to write home about.
- Fried oysters: Coated in a crispy batter and juicy on the inside. Very good.
- Fried chicken: Tasty, especially with the various dipping sauces which provided extra moisture. A good choice for a more interesting version of a chicken nugget.
- Clams steamed in sake broth with red pepper flakes, garlic, and butter: Mmmm, so good. Yet another must-order.
Service is good, the restaurant is clean, and unlike Furaibo, it isn’t as crowded. Overall, a 3.5.