248-601-9300

401 N Main St ( )

Rochester, MI 48307

Neighborhoods: Downtown Rochester

Description: Rojo is a Mexican and Bistro restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Mexican, Bistro, Rojo, Downtown Rochester Mi, Rochester Mi, Main Street, Andiamo, MI, Rochester, and Tacos
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Rojo
Tips:
  • Enroll in Andiamo's frequent diner program, called "Mille Grazie," to get special discounts and earn meal points redeemable at any Andiamo location.
Diner Log for Rojo:
  • 06/23/2013 - A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried it and liked it.
  • 03/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA hasn't been here but wants to try it.

Reviews for Rojo

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by Kelly61

Great Mexican

Read other reviews. Must of been opening gitters. All were from last year. Went there 2-5-11 to celebrate birthday. Wonderful Margaritas
Roasted Pablamo soup was superb. We had flautas and enchiladas verdes. Both the best Mexican we have had in a long time. Refried beans very light and very good. Definitely upscale Mexican.
Service was great. Attentive but not pushy. Manager even stopped by to see if everything was OK. My friends and I would recommend Rojo to everyone.

Enchilada Verdes

Three enchiladas with rice and refried beans. Beautiful layout on plate. Not buried in sauces. Great refried beans. Enchiladas were fresh and filled with flavor.

2.0

ROJO OH NO

FOOD WAS GOOD, NOT GREAT. SHRIMP VERY GOOD. WAY OVERPRICED. WAY TOO NOISY. SERVICE SO-SO. MANAGER SITS IN BACK AT A TABLE DRINKING WITH KITCHEN HELP WHILE SERVERS AND BUS BOYS ARE WORKING HARD. WON’T GO BACK. NOT A FUN PLACE.

fish tacos

Rojo

I barely survived this one…

Three of us went for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. No drinks besides 1 water and 2 diet cokes and the bill was $63.00 before tip. Get serious, $63.00 for a Mexican lunch! To add injury on to this insult, I suffered the worst case of food poisoning I had ever experienced from my Shrimp Quesadilla entrée. I could not work the following day and spent the majority of my weekend between my couch and my bathroom. I wish there was a negative star rating for Rojo. 1 star seems like far too high of a rating.

Quesadilla

Overpriced. You would think for the price of this simple meal that they would know how to handle their food. Sick for 3 days.

3.0

Wouldn't recommend it.

It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t that hot, either. The table-side made guacamole would have been better if we’d had a chance to sample it before the server finished it, because it needed a lot more flavor. We’d ordered it mild, not bland. My daughter ordered the flautas, and though the plate looked pretty, she said the flautas at the Sagebrush Cantina in Lake Orion are much better. My fish tacos were good, but honestly, they were disappointing for a restaurant billed as Mexican. I’d say the Rochester Brewery’s fish tacos put them to shame. The Sanga-Rtia Margarita was quite good for $8. The Kit Kat dessert, praline cookies and chocolate mousse covered in chocolate ganache, also satisfied, but we didn’t really go to this restaurant for dessert! The service was attentive and friendly. Overall, although the food wasn’t bad, I wouldn’t take guests there, nor would I recommend it. There are better restaurants for the money.

Flauta's

fish tacos

Over-Priced Skimpy-Servings Poorly-Prepared

Rojo on the corner of 4th and Main Street in Rochester, MI is the former site of Andiamo’s.

Since I am a member of Andiamo’s dinner club I was emailed information about their new restaurant in Rochester, MI. My mom and I decided to check out this new restaurant.

The young waitress was not friendly. When I ordered my Flauta’s I asked if I could have 2 chicken flauta’s and 3 beef. She looked at me and grimaced as she let me know that she didn’t know if it could be done and that she had never taken an order like that before…PLEASE. I let her know that if it were not possible to split the flauta’s in a serving that I’d be happy to be served all beef flauta’s.

Most of the meals were in the 18.00 to 22.00 range. I have no problem dropping $30.00 to $50.00 on a good meal but I wasn’t in the mood for a big meal so I ordered lighter fare and boy am I glad I didn’t go for the expensive dishes.

The waitress knew that I had the Andiamo dinner card and offered to have me sign up for the Rojo card where I would get $10.00 off my next meal at Rojo; I politely declined. Honestly, if they paid me to eat there again I would decline.

Flauta's

The menu listed the Flauta’s as ‘crispy’ but they were delivered soggy because of the way they prepared the dish. 5 once crispy flauta’s were placed on the bottom of the dish then they put cold bland tomato sauce on top the flauta’s, on top of that came shredded lettuce mixed in with green olives & peppers, a thin layer of sour cream was lightly squirted on top of that mess (the sour cream was put on via a condiment bottle, think ketchup container) and then an extremely small dollop of guacamole was added. The guacamole was seriously not even a tablespoon full.
The rice and beans were served cold. The beans were bland with no seasons what-so-ever and no cheese on top.

I did not eat all of my food.

Rojo is located near the cities of Rochester Hills, Goodison, Shelby Twp, Auburn Hills, and Charter Township Of Shelby.
People found this by searching for: Rojo Locations, Rojo Mexican Grill Rochester Mi, Rojo Downtown Rochester, Rojo Rochester Mi, Rojo Restaurant Rochester Mi, Rojo Rochester Hills, Loslocoscantina, Rojos Rochester, and Rojo Rochester.

Link to Rojo