Neighborhoods: University City
Cuisine: Hawaiian, Fine Dining, Gluten Free

Roy's is a Hawaiian, Fine Dining, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

BlueBaron6 photo

Seattle, WA

Excellent food and Service

From the moment we walked in the fine people at Roy’s were at our service. They gave us water for the flowers that I brought my date, explained things on the menu that we did not understand, and were very attentive to dietary restrictions / allergies. The food was top notch, and the ribs appetizer was better then ribs I find at BBQ joints. They do fish quite well, although my Hamachi was cooked a bit more than it should have been. The numerous raw items on the menu indicate that they are willing to not cook things as well. Portions are also generous, and overall a good value for the price.

Wood Grilled Szechuan Spiced Baby Back Pork Ribs

Very tender and juicy. Not exactly healthy, but full of flavor.

Horseradish and goat cheese rubbed Hamachi

A subtle horseradish flavor that doesn’t go to the sinuses. This dish is complemented with tabouleh and spinach and was quite good, except for the fish was overcooked for my tates

Yellow Fin Ahi “Poketini”

delicious and generous

turtley photo

Irvine, CA

Classy goodness

From the outside, you know its a good restaurant. With flaming torches outside and a refined yet casual interior, Roy’s is a great restaurant. It had the best fish and appetizer that I can remember. Of course, such good food comes at a high price. If you’re willing to pay a lot for a quality meal, or want to take someone out for a fancy dinner, this place is perfect.

jkong photo

San Diego, CA

Great Place for a Special Occaision

I went there for my 6 yr anniversary with my boyfriend and it was amazing. Placing a reservation gives you a lei. If you’re a college student, I recommend you stick to the $40 3 plate entree. If you’re under 21, get a fruit smoothie (ask the waitress).

Roy's Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé

So. damn. good.

Hawaiian Reservations OpenTable

Roy's  Restaurant Reviews

Roy's is located near the cities of Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Roy's La Jolla Menu, Roy's La Jolla Ca, Roy's La Jolla, Roys La Jolla, Roys La Jolla Menu, Roy's La Jolla Happy Hour, and Roy's La Jolla Happy Hour Menu.